Who would be your free agency targets?

Wizard

1 minute ago, GunnerBill said:

Maybe take advantage of the fact Denver clearly don't know what the ***** they are doing and offer a 3rd? :D 

That's why you call.   They really are a mess but I don't think they are a Buddy-Nix-Bills-level mess where they took an offer from Seattle for Marshawn Lynch without ever gauging interest around the league and then Green Bay and New Orleans were both like "WTF we'd have paid a lot more than that".   Payton brings some level of competence at least.   They no doubt have fielded a lot of calls on Jeudy and probably just dismissed them but if not they surely will get his value.    

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

Haven't seen his name mentioned, but, What about Terrell Edmunds at Saftey? Haven't really watched him much,  but he was a 1st rnd pick (shouldn't have been). Has some speed and size, half the cost of Poyer (market value of 5.4m) and supposedly can play both FS and SS. Maybe bringing him in we could get a family discount with Tremaine? Both for 20m.😁.

36 minutes ago, LyndonvilleBill said:

Haven't seen his name mentioned, but, What about Terrell Edmunds at Saftey? Haven't really watched him much,  but he was a 1st rnd pick (shouldn't have been). Has some speed and size, half the cost of Poyer (market value of 5.4m) and supposedly can play both FS and SS. Maybe bringing him in we could get a family discount with Tremaine? Both for 20m.😁.

Steeler fans absolute hate Edmunds. He’s honestly similar to ours… One they feel over-drafted and under-productive. 

If Edmunds walks and you go the option of a FA Safety/DB to fill the shoes of Poyer you would think CGJ or JB3 would be a target. Doubt we offer them the kind of money they will fetch though as it’s going to probably be in line with Minkah/Derwin/Marcus Williams @ 4-5yrs/70m+…

Nasir Adderly (LAC), Mike Edwards (TB) and Will Harris (DET) are all intriguing options available on the market to fill Poyer’s role. Maybe Julian Love (NYG) and Thornhill (KC) too?

This year seems to have a decent amount of solid players who you won’t have to break the bank for and could be a great pairing with Hyde whilst not being a weak link if, heavens forbid, Micah gets injured again. 

Edited by BBFL
Maddie Adderly?!
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

56 minutes ago, BBFL said:

Steeler fans absolute hate Edmunds. He’s honestly similar to ours… One they feel over-drafted and under-productive. 

If Edmunds walks and you go the option of a FA Safety/DB to fill the shoes of Poyer you would think CGJ or JB3 would be a target. Doubt we offer them the kind of money they will fetch though as it’s going to probably be in line with Minkah/Derwin/Marcus Williams @ 4-5yrs/70m+…

Nasir Adderly (LAC), Mike Edwards (TB) and Will Harris (DET) are all intriguing options available on the market to fill Poyer’s role. Maybe Julian Love (NYG) and Thornhill (KC) too?

This year seems to have a decent amount of solid players who you won’t have to break the bank for and could be a great pairing with Hyde whilst not being a weak link if, heavens forbid, Micah gets injured again. 

From what I've read, he WAS over drafted. Should have been a day 2 pick and went in the 1st. He was also supposed to be more of a project but has improved over the last season or so working with Fitzpatrick. Has all the measurables and speed for a safety and could probably lock him in for a few years. Young and reasonably priced. Maybe a change in scenery and some time with our staff (great with DB's) could bring out more from him? Just thinking of options.🤔

• Like (+1) 1

On 3/4/2023 at 6:38 AM, GreggTX said:

I'd love to sign McGlinchey. He's good but not great, so I think we could afford him. Draft Mauch too. We might need to move up in the 2nd or trade down for Mauch and a receiver. Van Noy is the kind of LB I'd like us to sign, but can he play MLB? Trai Turner would be kinda like a 3rd wheel at G with Mauch, Boettger, Bates and Van Roten. Mauch, I think, is the only one that inspires me. Our other G's are backups or low end starters and that's what Turner is also. Isaac Suemalo would be OK too. Nothing special, but affordable.

I like the line of thinking, and I also think McGlinchey will get overpaid. He is the most famous name among the RT available, I'm not even sure he is the best one available. 10 penalties and 6 sacks allowed last season. He also has an injury history.

Two other RT who would be immediate improvements and should get $12-16 million a year are Jawaan Taylor (ATL) and Kaleb McGary (JAX). I'd love to see Buffalo go get one of them. Should fit the cap and immediately improve the team. OT investment has been pathetic in the McBeane era.

The pure OG crop in this draft looks pretty limited, however this draft has a lot of C/G capable guys. Steve Avila, John Michael Schmitz, Jarrett Patterson, Ricky Stromberg among others have started at C and OG during college and have the size and build to do it in the NFL. I would be fine drafting 2 of these guys and having them play/ compete for OG and C. The IOL versatility is a big plus given Morse's concussion history.

Sign Taylor or McGary, Draft two of the above C/G guys, move Bates back to LG and I would be feeling really good about the OL potential. Guys like Brown and Boettger would be really nice backups or emergency plans at T and G respectively.

• Like (+1) 1

On 3/9/2023 at 6:24 PM, BADOLBILZ said:

Why would they trade Jerry Jeudy for anything less than a 1st rounder?   He had something of a breakout season and has a cap hit of next to nothing next year.    He is  a valuable commodity.   

I am curious. Taking everything into consideration (to include contracts and salary), who would you rather have on the Bills this season if you could only have one.....Diggs or Jeudy?

14 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

Trade for DHop + restructure his deal

Jamaal Williams

any/all starting calibur G’s & T’s

sign at least 1, draft in rounds 2-3

Draft WR Hyatt

now your offense has firepower

That sounds dreamy... I would love it.

7 hours ago, IronMaidenBills said:

If we could only afford 1 toy this FA, I would gladly take a Hopkins trade. Hopkins + Diggs is nearly unstoppable. 

Hopkins of a few years ago was crazy good but he did not impress me last year after coming back from his suspension. I do understand his situation was garbage but I would not bet on him being the guy from 2020 again.

On 3/11/2023 at 3:04 PM, Bill from NYC said:

I am curious. Taking everything into consideration (to include contracts and salary), who would you rather have on the Bills this season if you could only have one.....Diggs or Jeudy?

Hopefully this isn't a trick question.... but it's Diggs all day!! I've never heard an opposing DB say that Jeudy was a difficult cover

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.