Bills Mafia won something this year. Highest blood alcohol level

JerseyBills

48 minutes ago, corta765 said:

Your a true team player I appreciated your work in the 3rd quarter during the game against MIA

I was pushing hard that game.  Like the Bills, I didn't have it in me to push hard versus Cincy, I let you guys down.  I gave it all I had for KC 13 seconds game, I blacked out 🤣

• Haha (+1) 1

I wonder if it's because we can't comprehend, in a sober state, how we won 13 games when; our GM doesn't draft well, our HC is terrible on game day, the OC and DC are incompetent, our O-line stinks, our D-line can't pass rush or stop the run, we shouldn't pay our MLB, and our WRers are terrible.

My BAC is .076% even when not watching football. 

With poor officiating by Zebras and commercials of course it will go up.

12 minutes ago, gjv said:

I wonder if it's because we can't comprehend, in a sober state, how we won 13 games when; our GM doesn't draft well, our HC is terrible on game day, the OC and DC are incompetent, our O-line stinks, our D-line can't pass rush or stop the run, we shouldn't pay our MLB, and our WRers are terrible.

Or why fans of other teams seem to be more fans of Bills fans than our own fans.

Another reason to drink.

[ Some of the most critical fans are really trolls here because their team and football board are so bad ]

• Haha (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

My BAC is .076% even when not watching football. 

With poor officiating by Zebras and commercials of course it will go up.

Or why fans of other teams seem to be more fans of Bills fans than our own fans.

Another reason to drink.

[ Some of the most critical fans are really trolls here because their team and football board are so bad ]

to the bolded.... 10000 thumbs up 

If they had tested my brothers in laws (Philly fans) and me on game day, the list would be reversed.  I'm the one that usually ends up being the DD having drank the least.  They're the ones that if you don't physically lead them back to the tailgate after the game, they'll walk two miles in the opposite direction (true story). 

Edited by Just Jack
  • Like (+1) 1

On 2/26/2023 at 10:42 PM, MJS said:

"Random" is actually the hard part. It's very difficult to get a truly random, representative sample. You overcome that somewhat by getting a larger sample size.

It's not random because you are only getting those who are willing to participate. Also, the location you take the tests introduces bias. The gender of the person administering the test, etc., etc.

It can only truly be random if you choose a random selection of seats all around the stadium and require the people in those seats to test.

So,  researchers do the best they can and just try to get as large of a sample as they can, hoping it is somewhat representative. This study? It probably just took a few samples and called it good. There's no way they actually did an adequately statistically significant job on this.

Absolutely, well said and thank you for taking the time to write it out. Yeah, this is just a joke study, but it also might not be as terrible as you might initially think. 

I read later in the thread this is actually a portable bac reader that ties to an app. You definitely have a selection bias because people who have a portable bac reader are probably people who drink and not just that, buy drink enough that they are worried about being over the limit.

But that's the case for all teams. Clearly calling it representative of the entire fan base is silly and never was going to be true, but if they had their users labeled by favorite team, you might at least have a fairly consistent data set across teams in terms of selection criteria, kind of.

So, potentially they could say, of the people we had data on through our app, bills fans had the highest bac and therefore bills fans are the drunkest. Except then you throw in access to public transportation, which throws a wrinkle, since when I lived in Boston I didn't even own a car most of the time, so would not have had that bac reader, but I definitely was over the limit on game days a ton...lol, maybe it's a study on the least responsible responsible drinkers?

30 minutes ago, HardyBoy said:

Absolutely, well said and thank you for taking the time to write it out. Yeah, this is just a joke study, but it also might not be as terrible as you might initially think. 

I read later in the thread this is actually a portable bac reader that ties to an app. You definitely have a selection bias because people who have a portable bac reader are probably people who drink and not just that, buy drink enough that they are worried about being over the limit.

Or it could be court mandated.  

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.