Lee Smith defends Ken Dorsey and Tells Angry Bills Fans: “Stay on your couch.”

JohnNord

I've been anti-Dorsey, but Smith's rant does remind me of something that I had sort of ceased considering - which is that Dorsey absolutely hates to lose and will work his ass off to fix any deficiencies in his playbook this offseason.  Dorsey isn't the type to just coast on his "success" with the no. 2 offense in the NFL.  He's going to continue to improve.  Let's just hope it's fast enough to get us to a SB.

3 hours ago, RiotAct said:

Stay on y’alls couch and go back to y’alls little jobs!!!

I wonder if his advice about focusing on our own jobs extends to Sundays at 1 pm? I mean, it is odd to hear that fans are not allowed to have their own opinions about something that they consume. It’s even more confusing to hear that from someone making a very comfortable living off of that product. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 hours ago, JohnNord said:

https://www.newyorkupstate.com/buffalo-bills/2023/02/former-bills-tight-end-tells-fans-to-get-off-ken-dorsey-the-bills-are-going-to-be-terrifying-next-year.html

Former Bills TE Lee Smith wants you to give Ken Dorsey a break!  He spoke with Matt Parrino and Ryan Talbot of the Bills SHOUT podcast to discuss some of the fan criticism.

Before you trash Lee…he was also complimentary of the fan base and he does think great things are on the horizon next year.  Here’s what he said:

Now we’re bitching about 13-win seasons, so it’s like give me a break,” Smith said on the show. “I’m anti-fan sometimes. I watched Josh Allen get booed off the field when I first came back (in 2019). So it’s like give me a break. Stay on your couch and worry about how you make a living and not about Ken Dorsey. He’s a really good coach. He’s a really good man.”

Ken Dorsey, Josh Allen the combination of those two dudes man - just take a deep breath, relax,” Smith said. “Obviously Daboll was really, really good. Dorse will fix (it). It’s his first year being a coordinator man. Go back to Brian Daboll’s first year being a coordinator. I’m not sure if it was great or bad or anywhere in between - I wasn’t with Dabes his first year as a coordinator but give (Dorsey) a break. Nobody wants to fix those little inefficiencies more than Ken Dorsey does. Let him attack this offseason.”

Watch what Dorse and Josh do next year together. It’s gonna be scary guys,” Smith said. “I’m just telling y’all, I’m telling y’all right now the Buffalo Bills are going to be terrifying next year with the rejuvenation and the healing that hopefully takes place this offseason. Just from this crazy tragic eight months.”

Let’s hope that Lee Smith is right!  I have my reservations about him as OC.  

**** him. 13 seconds was a complete coaching collapse. We pay the bills and can hold them to whatever standard we want. Lee is entitled to his opinion as far as I am concerned can have a seat. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

It's fine for him to defend Dorsey and express optimism for next year, but to belittle fans in that manner? Not necessary, because while there may be some that want Dorsey fired, the majority of the criticism about his play calling in certain situations is warranted. Fans are allowed to criticize last time I checked. 

• Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Eh, there are miserable people in Hawaii. One of the things I respect about Buffalo people is how they are so positive about terrible weather. They will say it’s a great day out when it’s 30 degrees and sunny. 

that's because 30 degrees and sunny is awesome this time of year.  it's the going 17 days straight without having to wear sunglasses that breaks me down. 

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.