Trevon Diggs trying to get his brother in Dallas

78thealltimegreat

1 minute ago, Billz4ever said:

Basically all the receivers that we might be able to get are slot guys except Rice and Boutte.

Cedric Tillman, Xavier Hutchinson, Jalin Hyatt, Zay Flowers can line up anywhere, Jordan Addison, Josh Downs, there are options, just not the Quinton Johnston's of the draft. If we miss out on Flowers and Downs, my targets are Tillman then Hutchinson. 

• Like (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, Solomon Grundy said:

I'm starting to warm to Jaxon Smith-Njigba

JSN's college YAC ability is elite. Some concerns for his deep speed. He's projected to come in around 4.49 at the combine.  But that Rose Bowl game was impressive. Would have no problem with him at 27 unless Johnston falls. Boutte will be another to follow.

If Diggs wanted out he probably shouldnt have signed an extension just last offseason.  

This is the 2nd or 3rd thread already this offseason suggesting or hinting at a Diggs trade.  I am going to say it loud for the people in the back "TO TRADE DIGGS THE BILLS HAVE TO EAT 12 MILLION DOLLARS IN CAP SPACE!"

HIs contract doesnt allow a trade this offseason.  Cash strapped teams dont eat 12 million dollars in salary cap space.

If next year the BIlls want to trade the guy, and someone is looking for a 31 year old wideout who forced his way off two teams be my guest.  

• Agree 2

34 minutes ago, H2o said:

Cedric Tillman, Xavier Hutchinson, Jalin Hyatt, Zay Flowers can line up anywhere, Jordan Addison, Josh Downs, there are options, just not the Quinton Johnston's of the draft. If we miss out on Flowers and Downs, my targets are Tillman then Hutchinson. 

Flowers is only 5' 9" so I think he'd struggle on the outside and would automatically be at a disadvantage against a lot of DBs.  Not saying he can't, but I'm sure that's something they'll look at.  Tillman and Hutch are both considered outside the top 10 prospects.  Not saying they can't play outside, but I was referring mainly to the guys you could possibly see us go for in the first round.  

Not really counting on him being there, but Hyatt would probably be the best of the bunch to use outside given his size and how good he is in 1v1s.  Don't expect Downs to be there either, but he could play outside if need be.  He reminds me of Diggs when I watch him run routes.

Rice is the most natural of the bunch on the outside and probably goes late first round and Boutte, who played both, in the second round.

Edited by Billz4ever
  • Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, LyndonvilleBill said:

Only if your looking at rnd 1. I think there are some mid to late rounders that could fill the wr2 role.

Agree.  I say as much in a later post.  If the top prospects are gone in the first when it gets to us, I'd hope they either take a top OL or even trade out of the first and pick up an extra pick or two since we've only got six.

• Like (+1) 1

You know what, I don't think a Diggs trade is 100% off the table if they decide he's a little too demanding about his role. That's why the Chiefs traded Hill. He was demanding the ball so they were forcing plays to him instead of just running the best offensive play to beat the defensive coverage. They decided it was better to get a big haul for him and let Mahomes run the offense without Hill's demands in the back of his mind. I wouldn't personally trade Diggs but it's not off the table.

BUT if we did trade him we would need to get back a 1st rounder obviously, and then find a way to get DeAndre Hopkins so we still have a #1 WR. Then use one of our 1sts to draft another WR. If we pulled all of that off I could see myself coming around to it. Still don't think it is actually going to happen though.

Edited by HappyDays

6 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

You know what, I don't think a Diggs trade is 100% off the table if they decide he's a little too demanding about his role. That's why the Chiefs traded Hill. He was demanding the ball so they were forcing plays to him instead of just running the best offensive play to beat the defensive coverage. They decided it was better to get a big haul for him and let Mahomes run the offense without Hill's demands in the back of his mind. I wouldn't personally trade Diggs but it's not off the table.

BUT if we did trade him we would need to get back a 1st rounder obviously, and then find a way to get DeAndre Hopkins so we still have a #1 WR. Then use one of our 1sts to draft another WR. If we pulled all of that off I could see myself coming around to it. Still don't think it is actually going to happen though.

Diggs could possibly be traded in the future, but I can't see how it's this offseason.  We are really in no position to eat his $12M cap hit this year regardless of what we got back in the trade.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.