Favorite season of the Allen era?

Mikie2times

Nice topic 😉 Favorite season was 2020. The NFL pulled it off and no fans wasn’t that big a deal watching on TV. I love how Allen played. He took the easy stuff and still made spectacular plays with his arm and legs. I saw that his throwing motion was more compact than it was before (or since), and he just looked sharp and fully in control. This is when I knew the window had to include Daboll. 

I always loved Poyer & Hyde. Such a force and they made so many great plays. The season didn’t end with anything surprising, KC was a head in front. And the hype for the following season was strong.

But, my favorite moment, or game, was the Patriots playoff game in 2021 season. A perfect game. Wish that game could last forever. 

Edited by Thrivefourfive
  • Like (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, Bills!Win! said:

It’s amazing. The bills could’ve been the one seed 3 straight years

hail murray

Tennessee slip

Minnesota fumble 

I enjoyed the 2019 season because it wasn’t stressful. The last 3 years have been roller coasters 

Fortunately, Hail Murray did not cost the Bills the 1 seed.   KC went 14-2 that year and had the tie breaker. 

18 minutes ago, Process said:

Huh? I don't even remember Allen getting injured. The chiefs just kicked our ass had nothing to do with any injury. 

Not the playoff game.  He hurt his left shoulder vs the Raiders in week 4.  Had to go to the locker room.  Played poorly, for him, the following two weeks vs the Titans and Chiefs.  And actually was not great vs the Jets after that.   The field goal game. 

if they beat the Chiefs at home, they might have achieved the one seed and the AFC championship game would’ve been in Orchard Park.  It might have been a different story.

What kills me is the Browns had the Chiefs beat that year.  If the Refs called the spearing charge on Sorensen, which resulted the Higgins loss of the ball through the end zone, that game would have ended differently. 

Edited by BillsfaninSB

43 minutes ago, Process said:

Huh? I don't even remember Allen getting injured. The chiefs just kicked our ass had nothing to do with any injury. 

Yep.  Another Mcdemott/Frazier defensive special.  KC scored 3 TD’s on 3 straight possessions with no resistance and game was over.  And we’ve spent more and more resources on defense since then at the expense of the offense with the same playoff results.  

Edited by BuffaloRebound
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, Thrivefourfive said:

Nice topic 😉 Favorite season was 2020. The NFL pulled it off and no fans wasn’t that big a deal watching on TV. I love how Allen played. He took the easy stuff and still made spectacular plays with his arm and legs. I saw that his throwing motion was more compact than it was before (or since), and he just looked sharp and fully in control. This is when I knew the window had to include Daboll. 

I always loved Poyer & Hyde. Such a force and they made so many great plays. The season didn’t end with anything surprising, KC was a head in front. And the hype for the following season was strong.

But, my favorite moment, or game, was the Patriots playoff game in 2021 season. A perfect game. Wish that game could last forever. 

That Patriots game was extremely healing for me after all of those years.  

It totally plays into their trust-fund kid fanbase's constant repetition of "they won their Super Bowl" when a team beats them - but I felt as good during and after that game as I think I'd feel if the Bills actually won a SB. It was euphoric.  Obviously, winning a SB is a bigger deal on other levels, but for sheer emotion, I don't think that game can be beat. 

2021 for me, although 2020 was fun too.

It's a lot more fun being the up and coming, scrappy underdogs. 2022 was all "Bills are Super Bowl favorite!" all season  which is no where near as fun. the season feels like something to get through with minimal injuries, like an extended preseason. That's kind of a bummer. 

13 seconds sucked, but that playoff loss felt so much different because it seemed like this team was destined to go all the way. 

Edited by TheFunPolice

The end of his rookie season when he was coming back from injury. Especially the last game of the season against Miami when he put up 5 TDs. When he was drafted, I was hoping he’d have a Joe Flacco type career where he could possibly win a SB w/ a strong defense and supporting cast, but after that game every serious Bills fan knew we had a very special player. People who just looked at the stat lines had no idea. 

On 2/6/2023 at 8:16 PM, KzooMike said:

I don't think win total equates to happiness. Happiness is just a weird thing in general. Arguably the best we ever played was at the end of the 2021 season. Still, how that concluded, I just can't rank that one as the the one I enjoyed the most. To me, my favorite Josh Allen year was actually the 2019 season. Sure, we had ended the drought, but 2019 was the first major signal that we were back. That Allen was a stud. The Dallas Thanksgiving game was special. The fumble recovery turned into beast mode first down perhaps captured Josh as well as any play in his career. We were ascending in all facets of the game into what we had been dreaming of for decades. It was exciting. Even with the disappointment of the the Houston game, we seemed to have everything in front of us. Thing is, we still do. It just depends on how you look at things. For every action is an equal an opposite reaction. That is true of the board right now. Still, some years are just damn fun and 2019 was one of them. I hope we find that excitement again. 

Has to be last season (2021).  He was playing like a man possessed.  He literally put this entire team on his back in the KC game and willed them to take the lead with almost no time left.

The team was peaking at the right time and had it not been for a massive coaching collapse, that was probably our best shot at a title since SB 25 against the g-men.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.