Eli Apple - jackass of the year

QB Bills

9 hours ago, FrenchConnection said:

Eli Apple is a UFA after this year. The Bills could sign him, because I'm sure that the Bengals won't. He is not a good CB. But I do agree with you about the Bills needing some nastiness on their team. Too many of what Larry Bird termed "milk drinkers."

Not specifically Eli Apple.  Just guys with that streak, much the same streak Diggs has.  I don't want Eli Apple specifically.

7 hours ago, Teddy KGB said:

you know this guy is considered a borderline bust right ? 

I never said sign Apple.  I said sign 10 guys with that streak in them. 

Again, the trolling is fine.  He's an a**, but whatever.  It was adding the finger heart after the 3 that is what is really firing people up.  That went beyond trolling into classless and insulting.  Yes, I am aware "Cancun on 3" is a legit meme.  But he knew Hamlin's number is 3, and he added the finger heart right after that is directly linked to Hamlin's recovery.

The odds of putting those two together like he did by accident is infinitesimal.  He knows what he did.  He got carried away and crossed a line where a lot of people stop laughing and gave him the same look people give someone that tosses out an unexpected racist comment or such.  People were offended and now he's backpedaling.

It's fun how a single emoji next to a number can change a post from trolling to bagging on a critically injured guy that died and had to be resuscitated.

Edited by The Red King
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

The Bengals talking "Get your AFC Championship refunds" smack is not a shock and I understand it.

Using a damar heart emoji saying "cancun on 3" is tasteless and crass. That's a lower blow.  That is weak smack that ultimately makes HIM the ******* for all to read.

He feeling he has to go low down on Buffalo just outs him as a richard. Dude may be an NFL player but as a person? bankrupt soul.

jmo

• Thank you (+1) 1

5 hours ago, CoudyBills said:

Not specifically Eli Apple.  Just guys with that streak, much the same streak Diggs has.  I don't want Eli Apple specifically.

I never said sign Apple.  I said sign 10 guys with that streak in them. 

So you want 10 guys who talk trash on Twitter?  

Talking smack does not mean you lower the Boom on Sunday

1 hour ago, Just Jack said:

That whole hand/heart thing?  It's not that new.  I've seen it over 20 years ago, at raves. 

Next to a '3', which happens to be Hamlin's number?  Either alone, nobody bats an eyelash.  Together it's a shot at a critically injured player.

Yeah, I've seen 3s and fnger hearts before.  But not together like this.

Are you saying that a) It was the most incredible coincidence and b) Apple is such a tone deaf idiot that he didn't realize this complete coincidence would be seen as attacking a critically injured man?  Is that what you're claiming here?

2 hours ago, Just Jack said:

That whole hand/heart thing?  It's not that new.  I've seen it over 20 years ago, at raves. 

Yeah but Eli Apple is only 27 and his insane helicopter mommy doesn't let him out of her sight anyway. No way he knew that. Was clearly mocking the usage by Damar/Buffalo.

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, The Red King said:

Next to a '3', which happens to be Hamlin's number?  Either alone, nobody bats an eyelash.  Together it's a shot at a critically injured player.

Yeah, I've seen 3s and fnger hearts before.  But not together like this.

Are you saying that a) It was the most incredible coincidence and b) Apple is such a tone deaf idiot that he didn't realize this complete coincidence would be seen as attacking a critically injured man?  Is that what you're claiming here?

In Apple’s defense…. He might actually be that ignorant and incompetent. 🤷‍♂️ 

“I worry about him because of off-the-field issues,” one scout said. “The kid has no life skills. At all. Can’t cook. Just a baby. He’s not first round for me. He scares me to death.”

19 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

No player, even Apple, would mock Hamlin himself or his near-death experience.  It should be obvious to even you and the others struggling with that tweet that Apple is mocking the Bills and their nonstop use of the "heart/3" for the past 2 weeks--for instance after every score last week against the Dolphins.  Face it--it's something the Bills organization hyped all week. Now Apple is tossing it back at them as overhype---all it got them is an early vacation.  

This isn't even hard---it's Eli Apple!    Too many people (nonplayers) let this stuff get to them for reasons that are beyond sense.  I don't see Diggs filling a diaper over this--why are you?

1 year of free rent in the OP's head.

Actually it should be clear he’s a classless POS. Something sadly you don’t get. It hasn’t been a week, fans on here get a chance to react and respond.

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, Just Jack said:

I believe only an idiot would think it has nothing to do with Hamlin. Look at all his other wise crack remarks. He knew exactly what he was doing. Are you his lawyer?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.