Josh looked really defeated in his press conference.

bostonadguy

7 hours ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

There’s a former Bills backup QB out there with HC experience. Bring him home and let him take the offense to the next level 

Makes too much sense. The Josh Allen air raid offense needs to end. Get the man a running game to take the pressure off him. If they allow Ken Dorsey to continue, I’ll seriously question the direction of the team going forward.

9 hours ago, VaMilBill said:

Probably defeated realizing his prime years are being burned by having lack of quality OC, talent on offense and a defense that is useless in the playoffs. This team needs a big shakeup

I thought Allen wanted Dorsey after Daboll left.  Agree with lack of talent on offense.  Been wanting oline for a couple of years now.  They keep drafting worthless dline guys with high picks.

9 hours ago, Johnnycage46 said:

I think his prime years have already been wasted based on the rise of the rest of the AFC.  We missed the window last year and now we aren't just behind KC (as we will likely be forever), but also Cincy.  Miami and Jets (assuming they find a QB) will push us for the division as well.  Chargers, if they stop Chargering will also be in the mix.  

Not to mention Jacksonville seems to be a great team in waiting. 

What a brutal conference.

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, colin said:

He should be dejected, every single year his team gets blown out by a physical team, and he loses with his coaches looking a mess in the playoffs.

What is odd is the Bills, last off season, brought in big physical players on both lines.   The game plan was awful.   I give Dorsey a pass due to his first year as OC but I have lost patience with Frazier. 

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, Steptide said:

Lots of hot takes will happen this week, but I feel like the bills forgot how to have fun this season. Everything kinda felt like a struggle. Gotta get back to playing loose and just having fun 

I agree with you on the field.  But off the field I would argue the opposite.  Off the field they were having plenty of fun.  Kyles basement, Vons podcast, locker room karaoke, frequent McAfee visits, etc.

There was a weekly Josh Allen MVP tracker and Jordan Poyer had a weekly interception tracker when he was smiling about maybe averaging 1 a week (both trackers proceeded to fall off of a cliff after week 5).

I can’t remember a year since the early 90s where there was so much Bills content to watch outside of Sundays.

I think this team was reading its press clippings and halfway through the season realized oh crap we aren’t just going to stroll to this super bowl and then pressed when they realized their destiny wasn’t just a given.

Winning is fun

21 minutes ago, Nitro said:

What is odd is the Bills, last off season, brought in big physical players on both lines.   The game plan was awful.   I give Dorsey a pass due to his first year as OC but I have lost patience with Frazier. 

that's a great point.

here's my read on that:  We had some guys banged a little bit on the DL, jones is our big nasty and he was out.  hyde obv out at S, and von out changed who we could put on the pitch.  but OL were out for cinci too.  our problem is we have these "scheme" guys, instead of more just big strong guys (or fast, or whatever).  anyone being out and our princess and the pea scheme just won't work, and it also limits our ability to change it up.

cinci scouted us, knew what we wanted to do on o and on d formation by formation, and just took our lunch money, with back ups.

we get boat raced by guys who will adjust blocking and run up the gut too much, we need a new dc AT LEAST.

• Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, bostonadguy said:

Watching his post game news conference he seemed just utterly defeated. You could see it in his eyes. I hope he takes a good break, refocuses with his QB coach and maybe some sports psychology. His body language was off all season. 

I do think they need to really assess the OC position. They got someone Allen trusted when they really need someone to hold Josh accountable. Daboll did that. Comes with experience.

After that Green Bay game it seemed to always be push pull with those two.

I’m not sure running it back for continuity’s sake is gonna work unless Beane acknowledges it was lack of talent on the OLine and Wide Receiver that held them both back.

I can’t help but think we need a coordinator that won’t waste Josh’s prime years.

Yeah poor Josh.  He did not seem utterly defeated.  He was utterly defeated on the field.  He had home field, he had the fans, he had the snow, he had everything but the mental aspect.  The moment gets too big for him and he just can't perform.  

• Eyeroll 2
  • Disagree 1

12 hours ago, What a Tuel said:

Balling out with 3 field goals. Don't deny we need more weapons though. Spring for Deandre Hopkins. I dont want to hear we dont have the cap space.

Yes, find a way to get Deandre Hopkins, use a couple premium draft picks to get O lineman, hope for a healthy Von Miller, a fully healed T. White, that Kair Elam can take a year two leap and sign Edmunds to a long-term deal.

Also, we really have to look into playing more aggressive coverage at the DB spot and that falls on Frazier.

In terms of the offense, I think we should somehow look to have a similar approach that the Eagles and 49ers have which is dependent on having a strong O-line and a commitment to the run game with lots of play action.     When I watch their offenses play, they seem to have a real purpose, there is a clear rhyme or reason.

One side note, Daquan Jones was very missed this game and for that matter so was Von Miller.

30 minutes ago, Reverse Meathead said:

Yeah poor Josh.  He did not seem utterly defeated.  He was utterly defeated on the field.  He had home field, he had the fans, he had the snow, he had everything but the mental aspect.  The moment gets too big for him and he just can't perform.  

You need to take the reverse out of your screen name.

12 hours ago, bostonadguy said:

Watching his post game news conference he seemed just utterly defeated. You could see it in his eyes. I hope he takes a good break, refocuses with his QB coach and maybe some sports psychology. His body language was off all season. 

I do think they need to really assess the OC position. They got someone Allen trusted when they really need someone to hold Josh accountable. Daboll did that. Comes with experience.

After that Green Bay game it seemed to always be push pull with those two.

I’m not sure running it back for continuity’s sake is gonna work unless Beane acknowledges it was lack of talent on the OLine and Wide Receiver that held them both back.

I can’t help but think we need a coordinator that won’t waste Josh’s prime years.

in the future if you reference something it is customary to also post the link to it. I will go to the Bills official web page to see it but just for future posts. Thanks.

Edited by muppy

Look…  the OLine is awful, we have an offensive scheme that’s basically built on hero ball, the qb hangs onto the ball too long instead of utilizing the TE, Backs, Quick Slants & Check downs. Our offensive schemes suck.

As far as defense we get no pressure on opposing QBs & always seem to cave on 3rd and whatever.  Bengals did pretty much everything they wanted to do yesterday. Awful defensive effort & game plan.

Changes need to be made. 

Edited by PayDaBill$

43 minutes ago, Reverse Meathead said:

He did not have an OL that was effective yesterday. The blame for yesterday is not only  his to bear. This is a TEAM loss. #17 has performed brilliantly under the lights a LOT of times.  So on the bolded I call baloney. He had a bad game, for HIM especially.  But to say he "can't perform" geesh

the other reality we are forced to endure is a bit of rebuild the next few years. Our drafting has been so so , and our salary cap is extremly tight. Cap gymnastics will only make it worse because we need new players and a few different key positions and FA is out of the question....

So now we need to draft way better but we are already 2 drafts behind the 8 ball now with role players instead of difference makers

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.