Bengals @ Bills - Post Game Thread - January 22, 2023 - NFL Divisional Round Playoffs

BuffaloBill

1 minute ago, klos63 said:

I'm waiting for a reporter to ask how much the Araiza situation hurt us today.  Comical excuses.

It's a build up of one setback after another eating away, until mental exhuastion becomes a thing. I think that's where the Bills were but, as I said, even if half of the stuff hadn't happened and the Bills were mentally fresher, they would have still lost today. Nowhere near good enough in terms of talent or play calling.

Came out with no passion or cohesion and was punched in the mouth and took it.

Back to back TD's and three and outs by the offense.

They were beaten at every facet of the game and the coaches had no answer.  

One of the worst playoff performances I've ever seen by a home team.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, JayBaller10 said:

Andy Reid said after the Jags game that blitzing was his favorite thing to do. I agree that I’d rather run a high risk/high reward defense over one that is reactionary and cautious. You’ll get more boom or bust plays, sure, but the cautious one isn’t stopping a good offense, so what are we doing? Give me some boom plays that translates to our offense getting the ball back. Frazier is out of his element with blitz calls, they’re not his forte. 

I want my defense to dictate play. Not sit back and hope the offense makes a mistake. Why would any good QB be just allowed to stand there freely and find an open guy? The good guys are going to do it 80% of the time. The name of the game is making them uncomfortable. It’s like we are the dumbest team in the nfl that accidentally has good players. It can’t get better if this staff comes back

• Like (+1) 3

Just now, skibum said:

Very disheartening after all the investment in the DL this offseason. I honestly thought the depth players were better than this, but we just saw what happens when all the grown men on the D line are out. Rousseau/Oliver/Basham/Epenesa - all young guys who don't seem to have 'it'. Will any of these high draft picks ever be more than a solid rotational player? We confirmed tonight that it was Miller/Jones/Phillips carrying the line all year. 

I guess this is the wrong time to remind Beane I would have Drafted DK Metcalf over Oliver that year, and he could have had him over Cody Ford anyway...

9 minutes ago, BananaB said:

Control what? Without Josh this coaching staff would have been gone long ago. Our O put up 34 points when our staff let him play football and 10 when they tried to play conservative. Down 14-0 and you run back to back run plays, that’s MCD

Control the hero ball, third and two in your own end you don’t lob 30 yard passes in a snow storm. You get the first down. You all said no problem last week we scored over 30 points. Well this week exposed the flaw in your thinking. It’s a combination of play design and hero ball mixed with a pathetic o line. Recipe for play of disaster. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, WideNine said:

Yup, those "scrub" OL players starting for the Bengals were driving our DL players 4 yards off the ball on many of those carries.

It does make life a whole lot easier when you and keep down and distance short and have Chase and Higgins that defenders give huge cushions.

Made it look real easy just driving down the field on us.

I think this was truly a look in the mirror moment Brandon Beane really missed on some of these draft picks 

• Like (+1) 3

7 minutes ago, UmbrellaMan said:

The Bengals are a terrible matchup for Buffalo. Had Baltimore pulled the upset last week the Bills would be going to the AFC championship game.

Cincy is built to exploit all of our weaknesses. Chase is arguably the best WR in the NFL. 

Plus, to all of you talking about firings, do you remember where we were for almost 2 decades!?! I am enjoying this run. Josh Allen makes you a contender all by himself. Maybe next year the ball bounces our way.

Sorry, some heads must roll; Frazier's at a minimum, and I'm not crazy about either Eric Washington, or Aaron Kromer either.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, NUT said:

His slow progression approach to building a championship team was just passed by a franchise who has done it in two offseasons. McDermott is never going to win a SB let alone get to one  Pegula is too much of a you know what to do anything about it.

McD isn't the best HC in the NFL, but he is one of the top 5 or 10.  

People calling for his head are like the people calling for Tony Dungy's head in Tampa.  In Tampa, they didn't believe Dungy could win a Super Bowl despite his success getting his team into the playoffs.   So, after Tampa canned him, Dungy won the Lombardi for Indy instead.  

• Like (+1) 1

The worst game we have played since the Colts mid last season. It was a point of interest to me that in 2022 we had avoided that seemingly standard one clunker game per season of this regime. Sadly we just saved it for today. 

Bad coaching. Bad Quarterbacking. Bad execution. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, FrenchConnection said:

This is so much worse. I wasn't embarrassed to be a Bills fan last year. This is the worst loss in Buffalo Bills history, given the stakes and the context. This was also the last year that we will win the AFCE. It's the Fins division now.

I’m afraid you’re right. The fins are coming and let’s be honest should have beat us every game. They will come charging and will make improvements and we will do nothing and expect to win by just showing up. 

Just now, GunnerBill said:

The worst game we have played since the Colts mid last season. It was a point of interest to me that in 2022 we had avoided that seemingly standard one clunker game per season of this regime. Sadly we just saved it for today. 

Bad coaching. Bad Quarterbacking. Bad execution. 

We had two.  Losing to Zach Wilson was also a bizarre clunker.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.