Ryan Jensen: Torn ACL, MCL, PCL plus meniscus "flip" and bone chip healed by itself in 5 months?

TheFunPolice

I didn't see this posted anywhere but how is this even possible?

According to Jensen himself he had a torn ACL, MCL, PCL, plus a bone chip and a meniscus injury and he "healed" on his own with no surgery in 5 months?

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2023/01/17/ryan-jensen-im-proud-of-myself-for-being-out-there-after-a-severe-knee-injury/#comments

Edited by TheFunPolice
  • Like (+1) 1

Man, I injured my patellar tendon from squatting when my knee buckled and I probably should have had surgery and didn't.  I can tell you it still bothers me to this day with only the slightest aggravation to it.  This dude is going to be in a world of hurt at some point and it isn't going to take much for it to happen.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

Man, I injured my patellar tendon from squatting when my knee buckled and I probably should have had surgery and didn't.  I can tell you it still bothers me to this day with only the slightest aggravation to it.  This dude is going to be in a world of hurt at some point and it isn't going to take much for it to happen.

That's the thing... Without surgery I didn't think ACL's healed. 

So eventually he will go under the knife playing the position he does. IMO if Brady leaves he has ACL surgery this offseason. 

• Like (+1) 1

22 hours ago, TheFunPolice said:

I didn't see this posted anywhere but how is this even possible?

According to Jensen himself he had a torn ACL, MCL, PCL, plus a bone chip and a meniscus injury and he "healed" on his own with no surgery in 5 months?

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2023/01/17/ryan-jensen-im-proud-of-myself-for-being-out-there-after-a-severe-knee-injury/#comments

Well , you can function without those ligaments , but it’s not going to be or feel the same. Plus long term I am sure he will have limited function and may end up in the future with a total knee replacement.  Short term is much different than long term prognosis ; hey look at guys who have hands with angled and broken fingers ( McFarland) who didn’t get fractures repaired correctly or at all.  Pain tolerance, other supporting muscle groups and individual anatomy play a role for each individual.  
But you don’t have to have intact ligaments to walk. Would love to see how he feels about this decision in a few years and also look at post injury mri proof of the joint before and after “ healing”.  Making it back for a game is different than extending a career.  Everbody is different ; I’ve seen smokers live long lives but most don’t lead quality lives and one anecdotal case is just that , not a proven trend that leads to great future  outcomes. 

Edited by DrPJax
  • Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Herc11 said:

HGH and stem cells do injuries good

I read this and thought to myself. "Clueless"

Back in 1981 I was 11 years old and a foot smaller than the rest of my class. I took real HGH to grow, 2cc 3x a week. During the 10 years I took this medicine, (before they went synthetic do to a bad batch) I had 2 bad injuries. Complete dislocation of the left kneecap was the worst. If real growth hormones did not speed my recovery than sure as heck, extreme small amounts they take now... would not do a thing. HGH is an performance enhancer and that is it. It does not speed up a recovery. What ever Doctor or youtuber said this is wrong. Its a myth.

significant ACL injuries that he supposedly had? requires some kind of surgery... so sorry. Not buying it or this horrible narrative of yours. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BearNorth said:

If I recall, Thurman Thomas tore an ACL at Oklahoma State and his backup was a guy named Barry Sanders.  Thurman claims to have played his entire 13 year career with a torn ACL, ~2900 carries and ~500 receptions, 16,500 yards from scrimmage.

How about Mickey Mantle too? Tore his acl rookie year in the WS and still the bedt switch hitter of all time 👀 

2 hours ago, PrimeTime101 said:

I read this and thought to myself. "Clueless"

Back in 1981 I was 11 years old and a foot smaller than the rest of my class. I took real HGH to grow, 2cc 3x a week. During the 10 years I took this medicine, (before they went synthetic do to a bad batch) I had 2 bad injuries. Complete dislocation of the left kneecap was the worst. If real growth hormones did not speed my recovery than sure as heck, extreme small amounts they take now... would not do a thing. HGH is an performance enhancer and that is it. It does not speed up a recovery. What ever Doctor or youtuber said this is wrong. Its a myth.

significant ACL injuries that he supposedly had? requires some kind of surgery... so sorry. Not buying it or this horrible narrative of yours. 

Your experience is flawed. You as an 11 year old didnt have access to the trainers and doctors these athletes have. Also, you didn't experience the same injuries WITHOUT HgH, so you have nothing to compare your recovery to. 

You did not even attempt to address stem cells. How in the hell do you think payers are able to return to their careers after devastating knee injuries with latest treatments? If you think they don't include these kinds of treatments, you are wrong.

Edited by Herc11

4 hours ago, Herc11 said:

Your experience is flawed. You as an 11 year old didnt have access to the trainers and doctors these athletes have. Also, you didn't experience the same injuries WITHOUT HgH, so you have nothing to compare your recovery to. 

You did not even attempt to address stem cells. How in the hell do you think payers are able to return to their careers after devastating knee injuries with latest treatments? If you think they don't include these kinds of treatments, you are wrong.

you seriously have no clue what I had access to. I had the best endocrinologist team in the planet at Childrens Hospital. I was not talking about stem cells. I am 100% focused on HGH. I know what and how I was when i was on the real thing. Have you ever been on the real thing? Doubt it. And you go to assume I did not have the same injury without? That also is not true, I have.

get a clue man. You know nothing of the drug of what I know. Very few took the amount of drug I took even when it was stronger and not synthetic. get a clue man. 

46 minutes ago, PrimeTime101 said:

you seriously have no clue what I had access to. I had the best endocrinologist team in the planet at Childrens Hospital. I was not talking about stem cells. I am 100% focused on HGH. I know what and how I was when i was on the real thing. Have you ever been on the real thing? Doubt it. And you go to assume I did not have the same injury without? That also is not true, I have.

get a clue man. You know nothing of the drug of what I know. Very few took the amount of drug I took even when it was stronger and not synthetic. get a clue man. 

I can continue to shoot holes in your arguement, but its not worth my time or energy. You win big guy, or I guess, little guy 🤷

• Vomit 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.