Man just about every single person on ESPN picking the Bengals

78thealltimegreat

1 minute ago, TheyCallMeAndy said:

4 turnovers by the offense and they will. 

Zero mistakes and if Burrow keeps meeting the turf Bills will win. 

I’m not preaching zero mistakes if I’m McD.  I’m saying play hard and bold but smart.  Mistakes happen sometimes when you take necessary risks.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

9 minutes ago, Drew21PA said:

Followed up on The Herd with Colin Cowherd stating “cincinatti will blow them out”

interesting comments and commentary consistently flowing from FS1 media personnel 

He said only IF the Bengals didn’t have the injuries on the O line. He’s picking the Bills to win now.

• Like (+1) 2

23 hours ago, Success said:

Every narrative I read now is "bumbling Allen."   The Bills COULD win, but our many turnovers will result in a loss.

Give me a break.  He was perfect in the postseason last year.  The team got all of their mistakes out of the way against Miami.

I'm not usually one to be over-confident, but I don't think this one is particularly close, especially w/ Cincy's O-line situation.  We're going to look like we did for some of those games in September & October.

I agree. I hope we look like we did against the Titans. My biggest hope is not being afraid to attack on defense. My biggest hat throwing, remote throwing, shot drinking, floor stomping cussing tirades come after successful blitzes only to give a QB all day long to complete a 3rd and long.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, I am the egg man said:

Being a SB loser does escalate next season expectations.

That is what I remember through the losses.

It goes beyond that. The Bengals keep winning playoff games in the most dramatic fashion. It really feels to their players and fans like they cannot lose in the AFC playoffs now. That play to win the game last week was rabbit's foot up the backside type of stuff.

• Agree 2

WRT specifically Burrow's quote: Nor should he.

Not sure why anyone would be surprised by the QB of the team saying that. It isnt a crazy statement or even bulletin board material. Everyone who is playing wants/expects to win.

Joey B is all good in my book. He isnt one of the bad guys.

1 minute ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

I guess Joe Burrow doesn't understand how lines work. 

Most of the country is rooting for the Bills. That's why they are the favorites. More people think the Bills will win. Gotta balance the books.

Come on Joe,  you're smarter than that. 

He knows all that. But he said exactly what he is supposed to say.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

To me, any game that matches up Buffalo, Cincy, and KC is a coin flip at this point. Betting lines may say Cincy is an "underdog", but real life says all of these teams are about as evenly matched as they come. 

• Like (+1) 4

Just now, DrDawkinstein said:

Not sure why anyone would be surprised by the QB of the team saying that. It isnt a crazy statement or even bulletin board material. Everyone who is playing wants/expects to win.

They all feel that way.  Most just aren't dumb enough to say it.  The proper response is something like- "they're a great team, we're going to have to play well."

1 minute ago, SWATeam said:

They all feel that way.  Most just aren't dumb enough to say it.  The proper response is something like- "they're a great team, we're going to have to play well."

What he said isnt much different and certainly nothing to be offended or outraged over. He just focused on his own team. Big ol nothingburger.

• Agree 1

Just now, DrDawkinstein said:

What he said isnt much different and certainly nothing to be offended or outraged over. He just focused on his own team. Big ol nothingburger.

I'm not offended or outraged.

Just doesn't seem smart the CIN has no issue putting out potential bulletin board material.  I'm all for it.

I said on Sunday that I can handle a loss to KC or Cincinnati - it’s hard to put them in order from 1-3 but they and Buffalo are obviously the top of the conference. 

I don’t actually see either team as an underdog in this matchup. It’s definitely not Jax vs KC. 

Just now, SWATeam said:

I'm not offended or outraged.

Just doesn't seem smart the CIN has no issue putting out potential bulletin board material.  I'm all for it.

It's not bulletin board material tho. There isnt a pro in the room that would be shocked or somehow more motivated by what he said.

It means nothing to our or any players. And shouldnt mean anything to the fans.

8 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

He knows all that. But he said exactly what he is supposed to say.

Totally agree.  I like Burrow.  Love his attitude and demeanor.  He's gonna be a great quarterback for many years to come.  After the Bills win a Super Bowl, I'd be more than happy to see Burrow/CIN win one, too.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, DrDawkinstein said:

It's not bulletin board material tho. There isnt a pro in the room that would be shocked or somehow more motivated by what he said.

It means nothing to our or any players. And shouldnt mean anything to the fans.

You must not know how pro athletes think.  They look for any potential slight to use as fuel.  I guarantee they are very aware of Mixon an Boyd's comments as well.

There's a reason the Bills, and most other teams, are very careful and complimentary in their comments to the press.

49 minutes ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

Tell that to the Eagles who won the Super Bowl a few years back being the underdog in every game they played so much so they wore dog masks on the sidelines 

No way are LBs a push Edmunds and Milano are way superior to the Bengals crew 

I was going to put Bills, but then changed it to PUSH. You won't get an argument from me.

2 hours ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Burrow is Allen’s equal. Burrow does things better than Allen and Allen does things better than Burrow. That’s a push.

The difference in this game is the offensive playmakers on the Bengals.

The difference in the game is whether or not Jordan Phillips plays. No DL pressure, more blitzes, more of an opportunity for Burrow to beat us.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.