Josh Allen Bashers, what's your solution?

ChicagoRic

All I know, is that if Allen takes the Bills to the SB this year, he will be about #19 in Passing Yards (3000) for ALL TIME Career Playoffs Leaders- 900 yards behind Jimbo. #11

If he has a 4 TD game against the Bengals, he will TIE Kelly with 21 TDs as #18. With 10 TDs, he goes to #12 ALL TIME Career Passing Touchdowns Playoffs Leaders!

He & Mahomes will be chasing the GOAT, should they play 10 more injury free years at the same high level.

BE VERY CAREFUL WHAT YOU ASK FOR!

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, NUT said:

Allen is likely highly influencing the playcalling. And it seems so many of the concepts with Dorsey have a deep option.

I think the difference isn't so much that he's influencing, just that Dorsey isn't reigning him in like Dabol used too. He knows what Allen is capable of and he thinks back to when he played QB and what plays he would've made with talent like Josh has.

• Agree 1

I'd much rather have an aggressive QB than one who checks down on 4ht down, with the game on the line, giving his team no chance to convert.  I would love for Josh to take the easy throw more often, but not at the expense of losing the two long TDs vs NE, the long bomb to Diggs yesterday, the 25 yd td to Davis yesterday and the 55 yd pass to Shakir (dropped) yesterday.  

3 minutes ago, Turbo44 said:

I'd much rather have an aggressive QB than one who checks down on 4ht down, with the game on the line, giving his team no chance to convert.  I would love for Josh to take the easy throw more often, but not at the expense of losing the two long TDs vs NE, the long bomb to Diggs yesterday, the 25 yd td to Davis yesterday and the 55 yd pass to Shakir (dropped) yesterday.  

Being able to understand the situation and what's good for the team in that situation is the most important part of playing QB. I don't think those big plays go away if Josh throws for 5 yards on 2nd and 2 to a wide open Beasely. I think they actually become higher percentage plays the more he's able to spread the ball all over the field. That's why he was so efficient last year and the offense just looked unbeatable. He could strike deep but you never knew when it was coming as the opposing defense.

This year it's more predictable. It happens in situations it doesn't exactly need too.

20 hours ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

I’ve defended for him and I’ve said some things about him in frustration. But I’m glad he’s our QB and I wouldn’t trade him for anyone. The guy was born to play here

Just for laughs, go to the Bengal's "Jungle" and see how beloved Joe Cool Burrow is. He is a real good, an Ohio boy and may win. Allen is an adopted Buffalo mafia boy who I would not trade, even to win on Sunday.

Pity the Jets, Ravens, Cardinals, Raiders, Dolphins, Rams, Green Bay, Vikings, for their QB situation.

1 hour ago, Luka said:

Being able to understand the situation and what's good for the team in that situation is the most important part of playing QB. I don't think those big plays go away if Josh throws for 5 yards on 2nd and 2 to a wide open Beasely. I think they actually become higher percentage plays the more he's able to spread the ball all over the field. That's why he was so efficient last year and the offense just looked unbeatable. He could strike deep but you never knew when it was coming as the opposing defense.

This year it's more predictable. It happens in situations it doesn't exactly need too.

Of course it’s predictable against Cover-0. And it’s usually wide open as it was yesterday on the passes to Diggs and Davis and last week to Diggs and Brown. Miami was lucky their defensive arrogance didn’t cost them more than it did. I doubt we will see much, if any, Cover-0 against Cincy especially with their banged up CBs. But it would be nice. 

On 1/16/2023 at 12:14 AM, ChicagoRic said:

Welp, I've been reading up on the board, and it looks like Allen had another TERRIBLE GAME, with the Bills winning DESPITE HIM for the 8th game in a row. 

3 Fumbles!  2 INTS!  Completions under 60%!  This guy is a liability. 

BAD JOSH!  I'm tired of HERO BALL.  The ARM ARROGANCE.  352 Yards with long shots to Diggs, Davis and Shakir just don't make up for it. Neither does the perfectly placed TD pass to Knox.  Or the timely run to pick up a key 1st down.  This guy does not deserve a roster spot, let alone a game ball. 

It's time to get Keenum and Barkley ready to go for next week, because they RESPECT BALL SECURITY.

Go Bills!

It’s all fugazi. Lot of degenerate takes. Allen will be fine.

• Like (+1) 1

Josh has a combined 32 INTs and fumbles on the year (including playoffs) most in the NFL. He always says “I’ve gotta do a better job protecting the ball,” but then the game starts and well… 

The offense often feels like it has ADHD and can’t have that surgical focus for an entire 60 mins. How much more dangerous would the Bills be if they seldom turned the ball over? Hopefully those gaffes won’t be our undoing. Beane did say the playoffs are often a microcosm of the season, exposing what ails the team the most.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

On 1/16/2023 at 1:14 AM, ChicagoRic said:

Welp, I've been reading up on the board, and it looks like Allen had another TERRIBLE GAME, with the Bills winning DESPITE HIM for the 8th game in a row. 

3 Fumbles!  2 INTS!  Completions under 60%!  This guy is a liability. 

BAD JOSH!  I'm tired of HERO BALL.  The ARM ARROGANCE.  352 Yards with long shots to Diggs, Davis and Shakir just don't make up for it. Neither does the perfectly placed TD pass to Knox.  Or the timely run to pick up a key 1st down.  This guy does not deserve a roster spot, let alone a game ball. 

It's time to get Keenum and Barkley ready to go for next week, because they RESPECT BALL SECURITY.

Go Bills!

Bills have went out and picked up 2 over the hill WRs in December and they are a 13-3 team. How many times you see that happen before? Bills have a problem and Allen ain’t it. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.