1/15/2023 Wildcard Weekend - Dolphins @ Bills - Post Game Thread

BuffaloBill

Just now, UKBillFan said:

I don't mind deep shots now and again in those circumstances, but not consistently. Especially when they're not connecting.

I agree.  But if they are going to put 8 in the box, and lurk a safety, then you need to take those chances...especially when the short pass game was struggling.

Dolphins played a smart scheme, basically go for broke on defense...either force turnovers, or get smoked.  We took advantage 1st qtr, and at times throughout, but they clearly knew they weren't gonna win without some splash plays by their defense.  

Any other day, this could have been 41-13 type of win...just missed too many chances to bury them.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, EasternOHBillsFan said:

Dunno if this was mentioned or not...

Is Josh's ankle bothering him more than he is letting on and that's why he was throwing those last second passes instead of just taking off and running full sprint? He didn't look himself today with the runs at all.

maybe at minimum it has neutered his ability to explode like we’re used to seeing.

• Thank you (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, Solomon Grundy said:

Bills definitely need to upgrade RT. Maybe even LT too

I think if we upgrade LG LT will look better

8 minutes ago, Sestak4ever said:

Are you seriously saying Josh is a problem?

Nah.  He’s a troll.  Pay him no never mind

Edited by Beck Water

2 minutes ago, Toledo Bill said:

And Oliver had a sack where he wasn’t blocked. Didn’t notice him other than that.

The Dolphins had 42 rushing yards.  How do you do that with an invisible DT?    

I know most people here are just happy to see the Bills struggle so they can point out every potential flaw ans pretend they see the real game when no one else does. But the reality is... this is a good team with a lot of good players.   We’re in the Divisional round.. again.  And hosting it, because of players like Oliver.  

Not every player sucks.  Enjoy just a little bit having a team win games in Buffalo.  Its kinda nice when you stop criticizing everyone. 

4 minutes ago, Paul Costa said:

Both Beasley’s arms were being held . He was like a piñata 🪅 getting drilled with that ball. Went right to the defender. Easy interference call that was missed. Huge game turning play

I thought it was PI too. However, it was a bang bang play so I can see the no call too. 

Just now, Process said:

I was at the game so didn't have a great view of everything. But it seemed like the o line absolutely sucked most of the game. Were they worse than usual?

Holy **** I just saw Allen got sacked 7 times. That has to be a record for him?

4 minutes ago, Bimmer323i said:

The Dolphins couldn’t beat there way out of a wet paper bag last week against the jets then they show up and look like hall of famers against us…. Can’t wait to see what kind of soft coverage Frazier dials up for the Bengals next week or who ever….

Hall of famers lol...can you at least look at there offensive stats before posting this.

Edited by BillzFreak

1 minute ago, newcam2012 said:

I thought it was PI too. However, it was a bang bang play so I can see the no call too. 

There were two huge calls which, had they gone the Bills way, could have led to a more comfortable afternoon - the Knox 'catch' in the end zone and the non-penalty on the Beasley interception.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Dan said:

The Dolphins had 42 rushing yards.  How do you do that with an invisible DT?    

I know most people here are just happy to see the Bills struggle so they can point out every potential flaw ans pretend they see the real game when no one else does. But the reality is... this is a good team with a lot of good players.   We’re in the Divisional round.. again.  And hosting it, because of players like Oliver.  

Not every player sucks.  Enjoy just a little bit having a team win games in Buffalo.  Its kinda nice when you stop criticizing everyone. 

I didn’t say he sucked. My comment was that he didn’t do much of notice.

43 minutes ago, DD4Bills said:

It wasn’t the “3rd string chump” that the Bills struggled against today. 

18 of 45 for 220, 2 pics, 4 sacks, 1 sustained drive for a TD, etc. If the D puts up those numbers against any of those 3, I like the Bills’ chances. 

the game was close only due to 3 turnovers (1 of which was the fumble TD) and short fields due to long INT returns and a long punt return. 

He led an O that put up over 30 PTS vs our D.  What do you think elite qb’s will do?

Edited by PayDaBill$
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, LabattBlue said:

Rousseau? Rousseau?   Where are you? 

Repeat replacing Rousseau with AJE. 

Replace groot with AJE?  Did you watch AJE last week?  He ran himself out of almost every play.

I think Groot was seeing some double teams and chips today. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.