2022 NFL All-Pro Teams Announced

JGMcD2

4 hours ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

They gave second team to Hurts who has nowhere near the stats Allen has…Josh got screwed 

I agree.  i don’t really get why Allen cannot ascend to the very top of award lists like this or even #2.  Some of the stats he puts up have never been accomplished in the history of the game. I can’t rattle them off now but you see examples put out there by national media from time to time.

Also, the Bills this season are the only team above 50% on 3rd down conversions.  Which is a QB stat. That’s one of the most important stats in all the NFL.  Anyway, whatever..Hurts who misses some games and rarely plays in awful weather, lol.

4 hours ago, BRH said:

The Edmunds hate is a joke.  We saw what happened when he was out of the lineup.

Milano is 100% deserving, but both of our linebackers are elite and, when both are healthy, greater than the sum of their parts.  Almost like Poyer and Hyde.

The faction of the fan base that dislikes Tremaine will never go away. They'll die on that hill

• Like (+1) 2

8 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

So there are 50 voters.  They are each allowed to vote for 2 players per position (1st team and 2nd team, I assume).  1st team tally for QB, RB, TE, LT, LG, RG, RT, C all equal 50.  Makes sense.

Yet for WR there were 150 1st place votes by 50 voters.   Edge rusher produced 100 1st place votes. Interior lineman got 100 1st place votes cast. LBs received 150 1st place votes, etc.

seems weird. how do 50 people give 50 1st place votes to Jefferson and 47 1st place votes to Hill, and then still have 43 more 1st place votes to doll out at WR for example.

They were probably told to vote for three first place WRs and three second place WRs.  Since most teams play three WR sets.  Same with two edge rushers…two starters.

2 hours ago, zow2 said:

I agree.  i don’t really get why Allen cannot ascend to the very top of award lists like this or even #2.  Some of the stats he puts up have never been accomplished in the history of the game. I can’t rattle them off now but you see examples put out there by national media from time to time.

Also, the Bills this season are the only team above 50% on 3rd down conversions.  Which is a QB stat. That’s one of the most important stats in all the NFL.  Anyway, whatever..Hurts who misses some games and rarely plays in awful weather, lol.

I think there is a bias against Allen and has been since his rookie year. People outside Buffalo seem to think Allen is a product of a great organization and that his development has little to do with his natural talent it’s was more Daboll and Diggs etc…..

Phill Simms today on the radio talking to Chris Russo even said Allen is even better then I thought he was. I’m sure that sentiment is with many people who don’t really follow up the Bills. 
I wish Josh where a little more cocky but he’s such a humble guy that him not being a real braggart to the press in todays modern sports probably hurts him too. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Stretch said:

They were probably told to vote for three first place WRs and three second place WRs.  Since most teams play three WR sets.  Same with two edge rushers…two starters.

maybe but every explanation of the voting rules I see published say 2 players each position only

12 hours ago, FireChans said:

Cody Ford was *this* close to getting a vote per my sources in Arizona.

Josh almost led the league in picks and had a stretch of a couple games riddled with some head scratching plays.

The standard being "third in All-Pro voting" in a relatively not historically insane year is pretty good.

I think Josh would be the first to admit it wasn't his best year. 42 total tds in 16 games is still amazing but having a rookie OC and really one reliable wr held him back. 

9 hours ago, No_Matter_What said:

This looks like a good thread to ask @GunnerBill - you have that theory that any SB winning team needs to have 3 (or 4?) difference makers, right?

So, before playoff starts, do we have them? :) If yes, who is the 3rd right now? Is it clear right now, or is it something which can change during playoffs?

Also, which other teams have 3 so they stand a chance to win SB?

Being completely honest I am not sure we do unless Tre rounds back into form or someone really emerges in this run - maybe Knox goes off? The Bengals do. The Chiefs do. The Eagles do. The 49ers do. 

18 hours ago, dave mcbride said:

Better QB rating. Far fewer turnovers (fewer INTs, fewer fumbles). Better completion pct. Better YPA. These are key categories, particularly YPA. And one of the reasons his ypc was lower is because he had so many touchdowns (touchdown runs lower the yards you would have gained if the EZ line wasn't there). 

Anyway, as I mention in my thread below, Allen and Hurts were deemed by PFR to tie for the league lead in approximate value. He was entirely deserving. Allen was deserving too, but I have no issue with Hurts getting it given JA's propensity for red zone turnovers this season. It was a problem.  

Right on.  It’s not MVP, Allen deserves that award by definition.  Hurts ultimately was more efficient than Josh this year.  Allen had to shoulder the load more than Hurts, which may be why he made some big mistakes, I don’t know.

20 hours ago, JayBaller10 said:

Congrats to Matt Milano, well deserved. 

EDIT: Also, it’s a bit concerning for a potential BUF vs PHI matchup that Philly has 4/5 OL who received multiple All Pro votes, either first or second team.

Lane Johnson is hurt. I don’t think Eagles will even make it to NFC Championship 

1 hour ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

Lane Johnson is hurt. I don’t think Eagles will even make it to NFC Championship 

There was some talk about him being ready for the playoffs, but I hope you’re right. They didn’t look too impressive against the Giants 2nd team.

15 hours ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

I think there is a bias against Allen and has been since his rookie year. People outside Buffalo seem to think Allen is a product of a great organization and that his development has little to do with his natural talent it’s was more Daboll and Diggs etc…..

Phill Simms today on the radio talking to Chris Russo even said Allen is even better then I thought he was. I’m sure that sentiment is with many people who don’t really follow up the Bills. 
I wish Josh where a little more cocky but he’s such a humble guy that him not being a real braggart to the press in todays modern sports probably hurts him too. 

When he wins the SB MVP this year, they will come around. 

3 minutes ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

This will happen when you’re a one man offense 

Yup. Hard to argue with people who have an agenda. JA is the best QB in the nfl right now. Period. He may be the best football player in the league. No excuses but Josh had a great year with a rookie OC, dropsie WRS, one big time WR and a subpar OL. Everyone has issues they deal with But Josh is the O. 

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.