Florio: Brady to the Dolphins "Definitely on the Table"

Nextmanup

27 minutes ago, Captain Hindsight said:

Purdy has been excellent. Why would they change that for a middle of the pack geriatric QB?

Purdy has been playing well and I agree with not wanting disrupting his rhythm, BUT I also feel that all options should be weighed.  

If he craps out against Dallas, I'd definitely consider the old man.

Edited by Chicken Boo

3 hours ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

Well let’s be honest. If your team went undefeated and your franchise has been able remain undefeated for 50 plus years with no one else being able to beat that record. I 1000 percent guarantee you’d be popping a bottle of champagne and celebrating 

Arguably with each additional game added to the regular season since the 14 they played, this accomplishment dims slightly—but yes, still worthy of recognition/respect. 

3 hours ago, TheBrownBear said:

Dude.  He threw 733 passes this season.  That's where all those yards came from.  He was 18th in quarterback rating, 18th in QBR, and 30th in yards per attempt.  He is a very mediocre quarterback at this stage of his career and he's got nowhere to go but down given his advanced age.

This exactly.

Tom Brady has somehow managed to dodge Father Time for so long, many people are starting to believe he's NEVER going to hit the age wall.  Which of course is an illogical assumption to make.  He cannot play forever.

The media wants to blame it all on his supporting cast, like he was surrounded by the Houston Texans or Chicago Bears.  Lots of quarterbacks would love to have the combination of Mike Evans and Chris Godwin.  More than likely, the biggest problem for the Bucs is their QB taking a significant step backwards in his skill level.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

2 hours ago, Chicken Boo said:

Purdy has been playing well and I agree with not wanting disrupting his rhythm, BUT I also feel that all options should be weighed.  

If he craps out against Dallas, I'd definitely consider the old man.

Respectfully, that’s insane. Purdy will be their week one starter without a doubt 

• Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, peterpan said:

Miami is a top team.  Great roster and well coached.  Just missing a QB.  

Brady is too old.  I’d be gunning for rodgers or even as option 2, mayfield 

I have no idea if this is sarcasm or not…the dolphins are well coached?? Really?? I kept hearing how great a coach Flores was and this year how great McDaniel is-but are they really? Once teams figured out how to play against his offense, McDaniel didn’t seem so great. Flores took a bad dolphins team and made them….slightly below average 

• Thank you (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, Ya Digg? said:

I have no idea if this is sarcasm or not…the dolphins are well coached?? Really?? I kept hearing how great a coach Flores was and this year how great McDaniel is-but are they really? Once teams figured out how to play against his offense, McDaniel didn’t seem so great. Flores took a bad dolphins team and made them….slightly below average 

Did you not just watch the game Sunday? Or the other two we played against them? They have our number. We won bc we have Allen and they have bums at QB.  A Non-homer would see we were out coached and out played in all three games.  Ironically we played our best in the heat stroke game.

On 1/12/2023 at 6:56 PM, Doc said:

Yup.  But they invested a lot in him.  It will be interesting to see how they handle the QB situation.

It will also be interesting to see what the Packers do after Rodgers is gone and they're left with that dud Love.

Love 🥰is all you need especially when it is cold.

• Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, peterpan said:

Did you not just watch the game Sunday? Or the other two we played against them? They have our number. We won bc we have Allen and they have bums at QB.  A Non-homer would see we were out coached and out played in all three games.  Ironically we played our best in the heat stroke game.

They have our number? 😆 🤣 😂 

That's why Miami is 1-9 against Bills since 2018. 

Maybe my sarcasm detection system is getting wonky... ??

Out coached, Nerdy McDaniel was out timeouts halfway thru the 4th... 😆 

4 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

They have our number? 😆 🤣 😂 

That's why Miami is 1-9 against Bills since 2018. 

Maybe my sarcasm detection system is getting wonky... ??

Out coached, Nerdy McDaniel was out timeouts halfway thru the 4th... 😆 

They had their third string 7th round rookie starting at QB and we were one pay away from losing.  They likely would have beat us with Tua or Bridgewater,as we played horribly.  

If the Dolphins can land Rodgers they’ll be SB Contenders.  With Mayfield or Care they could easily win the division next year. 

• Haha (+1) 2

9 minutes ago, peterpan said:

They had their third string 7th round rookie starting at QB and we were one pay away from losing.  They likely would have beat us with Tua or Bridgewater,as we played horribly.  

If the Dolphins can land Rodgers they’ll be SB Contenders.  With Mayfield or Care they could easily win the division next year. 

They were up by 17. Flukey 82 yards of offense nets them a tie, yet Bills go up 20-17 at Half... In under 30 seconds. Then down 4 after half... BUT Bills went up 10 to start 4th.

Aside from all the BFLo abuse through the years we suffered, Bills weren't losing this game. A few millimeters and a couple reversed calls and Bills are hanging +50 on those clowns... And still those felons had a fumble-6!...

One good thing, keeps us humbled... 

The story is Bills stunk and still magically hung 34 on them... They weren't losing. Miami wasn't winning. 

Was I nervous? Maybe... But then coach McNerd pooped the bed burning his timeouts and I knew it was over.

Our McD outcoached their McD by a mile even if right before half was a disaster.  Aberration. 

Edited by ExiledInIllinois
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

7 hours ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

Well let’s be honest. If your team went undefeated and your franchise has been able remain undefeated for 50 plus years with no one else being able to beat that record. I 1000 percent guarantee you’d be popping a bottle of champagne and celebrating 

They'd only played 14 games a season in 1972! Bills lost to them by 1 point in 1971-1972! LoL...

If Bills win SB... They'd have played 4 more games than the "perfect Dolphins and won 1 more game. The Dolphins lost in game #2 of the next season.

That perfect season will never be duplicated because teams back then had it easier.

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

25 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

They'd only played 14 games a season in 1972! Bills lost to them by 1 point in 1971-1972! LoL...

If Bills win SB... They'd have played 4 more games than the "perfect Dolphins and won 1 more game. The Dolphins lost in game #2 of the next season.

That perfect season will never be duplicated because teams back then had it easier.

Well, if there are any old videos out there you can see that the Bills played them tough & kicked the go ahead field goal late in the game. Penalty flags came out & they made the Bills kick 2 more times I think. There used to be a clip of Reggie McKenzie looking at the ref's in disgust. Good old NFL at it's finest.

• Thank you (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, 1st&ten said:

Well, if there are any old videos out there you can see that the Bills played them tough & kicked the go ahead field goal late in the game. Penalty flags came out & they made the Bills kick 2 more times I think. There used to be a clip of Reggie McKenzie looking at the ref's in disgust. Good old NFL at it's finest.

I was born in 1968... But my old man always had the conspiracy theory that Shula was on the competition committee with the Refs... I always wondered why he thought that way. He must have watched that game at the Orange Bowl!

It would be great to find video of it!

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.