Gonna throw this out there and then duck lol. Pass rush.

John from Riverside

Just now, JohnNord said:

I understand the logic behind the move but I wouldn’t be too optimistic given their track record.

At the same time I recognize the importance of a good edge rusher in the defense , and just because they haven’t been overly successfully in the draft, doesn’t mean they should stop trying.  

I would agree with some other members here who felt that the past few drafts have been heavy on defense.  I’d love for offense to get a higher priority in terms of OL and WR

I am actually wondering if this is the year that we start unloading guys like boogy and Epenesa for draft picks

4 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

I am actually wondering if this is the year that we start unloading guys like boogy and Epenesa for draft picks

I’ve also seen guys like Davis and Oliver mentioned too. I can’t see either of them, but who knows what beane has up his sleeve. 

I can’t imagine Davis’s value is too high right now, so it might be smart to keep him. Oliver has underwhelmed as well and it will be interesting to see if he’s in their long term plans or they plan on letting him walk. 

A safety will be taken in the first 2 rounds and 1 probably later in the middle rounds. Poyer will be turning 32, and can't stay healthy, and contract is up. Hyde is 32 .

I do agree they need pass catcher help, be it a WR or TE . IOL is a concern also. 

LB is a concern, don't think they give 49 15+ mil

DT is also a concern. Oliver regressed IMO.  Was Jones a 1 yr deal?

Many holes with no money, hope cap goes up significantly.  

GO BILLS!

We've just got to protect the franchise. Josh Allen is going to make magic happen with whatever weapons are at his disposal, but he can't always do it if pressure is in his face immediately. I hope they go OL-OL in the first two rounds. There's usually good value in those spots for potential quality starters. The OL needs fixed in a big way. 

At this point, I don't really trust this FO to identify that talent in the draft, so I'd be pretty upset.

They went for a pass rusher in the 1st & 2nd rounds, then still had to commit even more resources to sign Von Miller the next off-season.

Early in their tenure, they attempted to bolster the DT's by going after Star & drafting Oliver. 

And if we're looking beyond just the front 4, you get a 1st round pick that loses out the starting role to a 6th rounder from the same class. 

So please, please, please try something else!🙏 🙏🙏🙏🙏

They've done plenty of great things too, but the first 2 rounds in the draft are filled with underperformers & wasted potential. 

2017 - CB Tre White

2018 - QB Allen

2018 - LB Tremaine Edmunds

2019 - DT Ed Oliver

2020 - WR Stefon Diggs

2020 - DE AJ Epenesa

2021 - DE Greg Rousseau

2021 - DE Boogie Basham

2022 - CB Kaiir Elam

2023 - Another DE? 

Ford was a complete bust in 2019, other than Diggs and Morse, the Bills have bargain shopped everywhere around Josh. 

Josh is the only reason any of this is on the table. 

• Awesome! (+1) 2

Based on the list below... They definitely need a tackle and guard/center in this draft somewhere.  I could see tackle in the first.  I'd love to see an upgrade at WR2 - But it's tough.  Depends what happens with poyer and edmunds because their depth is not even close to the level of their play.  

1 - T or DT - Depends on Oliver/phillips status, but i think its probably a tackle.  Could see them trading out of the first. 

2 - WR - Depends if T was first pick, i think it would be

3 - DT or S - Depends if DT was first pick

4 - G - I think they sign a starter but i'd like another option

5 - TE - Push Morris 

5 - QB/LB/BPA

Offense:

Saffold - Lot of money for a pretty lousy return. 

Quessenberry - Absolute liability in pass pro, but so is Brown 

Van Roten - Appreciate the flexibility, but he's not very good

Boettger - TBD on this playoff run in my eyes

Crowder - Gone

Bease - Fun swan song

Brown - See above

Singletary - See how the RB dominos fall, if he doesn't sign early you can probably get him at a pretty reasonable rate.  

Keenum

Defense:

Poyer - No other option on the roster, he'll be 32 and if he doesn't come back its a problem.

Edmunds - No other option on the roster, he's played really well this year at times and is only 25

Lawson - 29 - will want some cash to return but i could see it.  Helps ease the miller injury timeline. 

Phillips - 30 - I'd pay him less than he made in 2022 to play here again.

Special Teams:

Matakevich - Probably replaced by Spector

Jones - Can probably be had again for his low cap hit in the 1-2M range as a gunner.  He's a ST captain so i'd assume he sticks around as long as he wants to play like Slater with NE. 

Kumerow - Didn't really do much in his walk year, cheap if you want him 

Martin - I like him - hope they bring him back.  

Just now, Straight Hucklebuck said:

2017 - CB Tre White

2018 - QB Allen

2019 - DT Ed Oliver

2020 - WR Stefon Diggs

2020 - DE AJ Epenesa

2021 - DE Greg Rousseau

2021 - DE Boogie Basham

2022 - CB Kaiir Elam

2023 - Another DE? 

Ford was a complete bust in 2019, other than Diggs and Morse, the Bills have bargain shopped everywhere around Josh. 

Agreed. Sign or Trade for an impactful WR AND Draft a WR in Round 1.  

Diggs

______  Impactful WR via Sign/Trade
______  1st Round WR
Davis
Shakir
McKenzie

6 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

Eh the best player at the end of the first round is likely to be a defensive player. Also, with Miller's injury mid season, I don't think he will be ready to start the season. The upgrade is needed there. It wouldn't bother me. 

So you would spend a first round pick on a DE to cover for Von the first half of the season?  Sorry…that philosophy seems way off to me. Meanwhile…Davis has been a huge disappointment and there isn’t anyone behind him as a boundary receiver. That’s more of a need than a fill-in DE IMO. 

8 minutes ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

2017 - CB Tre White

2018 - QB Allen

2019 - DT Ed Oliver

2020 - WR Stefon Diggs

2020 - DE AJ Epenesa

2021 - DE Greg Rousseau

2021 - DE Boogie Basham

2022 - CB Kaiir Elam

2023 - Another DE? 

Eventually we're going to bargain shop our way to Josh getting injured for the season.

9 minutes ago, Bleeding Bills Blue said:

Based on the list below... They definitely need a tackle and guard/center in this draft somewhere.  I could see tackle in the first.  I'd love to see an upgrade at WR2 - But it's tough.  Depends what happens with poyer and edmunds because their depth is not even close to the level of their play.  

1 - T or DT - Depends on Oliver/phillips status, but i think its probably a tackle.  Could see them trading out of the first. 

2 - WR - Depends if T was first pick, i think it would be

3 - DT or S - Depends if DT was first pick

4 - G - I think they sign a starter but i'd like another option

5 - TE - Push Morris 

5 - QB/LB/BPA

Offense:

Saffold - Lot of money for a pretty lousy return. 

Quessenberry - Absolute liability in pass pro, but so is Brown 

Van Roten - Appreciate the flexibility, but he's not very good

Boettger - TBD on this playoff run in my eyes

Crowder - Gone

Bease - Fun swan song

Brown - See above

Singletary - See how the RB dominos fall, if he doesn't sign early you can probably get him at a pretty reasonable rate.  

Keenum

Defense:

Poyer - No other option on the roster, he'll be 32 and if he doesn't come back its a problem.

Edmunds - No other option on the roster, he's played really well this year at times and is only 25

Lawson - 29 - will want some cash to return but i could see it.  Helps ease the miller injury timeline. 

Phillips - 30 - I'd pay him less than he made in 2022 to play here again.

Special Teams:

Matakevich - Probably replaced by Spector

Jones - Can probably be had again for his low cap hit in the 1-2M range as a gunner.  He's a ST captain so i'd assume he sticks around as long as he wants to play like Slater with NE. 

Kumerow - Didn't really do much in his walk year, cheap if you want him 

Martin - I like him - hope they bring him back.  

No option behind Edmunds?  Did you forget about the third round pick that they wasted this past draft?

10 hours ago, BuffaloBillsGospel2014 said:

I think that would be a mistake, Allen has been literally running for his life most games and this OL needs a boost in a major way.

It makes less and less sense to spend on DL, and D in general, when the league & refs allow / turn a blind eye to OLs holding on every play.

League wants scoring, at the expense of having good defensive players but getting boned by the rules changes so in favor of offenses. They want an arms race and comparatively besides Diggs, we’ve gotten Josh just a few drones to work with. I mean, he can do a hell of a lot by himself, but if we got him some REAL WRs and better protection on IOL & RT who were also not liabilities in the run blocking… we’d be unstoppable on O against anyone.

• Thank you (+1) 1

42 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

I'm all for unloading those guys, but what type of value would we get? I have a hard time believing we'd get better than a 4th for either of them 

I think the plan for pass rush next season just needs to be cross your fingers and hope Von Miller returns to play at the level he was prior to the injury. 

Just now, DabillsDaBillsDaBills said:

I'm all for unloading those guys, but what type of value would we get? I have a hard time believing we'd get better than a 4th for either of them 

I think the plan for pass rush next season just needs to be cross your fingers and hope Von Miller returns to play at the level he was prior to the injury. 

I don’t think that beane is a cross your fingers and hope type of guy

I would be happy with fourth round picks for guys like basham at this point

3 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

I don’t think that beane is a cross your fingers and hope type of guy

I would be happy with fourth round picks for guys like basham at this point

Yeah it will be interesting. Epenesa is on the last year of his rookie deal next year and I wonder if he’s in their plans. If he is, keep him and move Basham. If we got a 4th for him, we could use that pick to move up in the draft of a player we like is there. 

10 hours ago, MJS said:

Going into a draft planning to draft only on one side of the ball is not smart. What if you get to your pick and there are no offensive players there worth the value? And what if you trade back and get to your next pick and it is the same?

You have to follow your draft board. Besides, the Bills need depth on defense as well. Draft the best player available on your board.

Draft impact positions high too.  Draft players you will pay to keep if they make a ProBowl once in their rooke contract.

Which includes EDGE/CB/WR/OT only.  Drafting an OG in the first is just as bad as drafting a RB unless he's the best in the league.  And even then.....

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.