Hyde and Crowder practicing! 21-Day practice windows opened *UPDATE* Hyde out WC and Divisional

Process

3 minutes ago, Bigvinny said:

Hyde has been working with trainers off to the side for weeks. Not like this is his first day out there. 

I'm sure he has, but all that changes once you start adding contact back into the equation.  He'll have to gauge how he feels once that starts.

From what I saw you posted, he's in a non-contact jersey today.

Edited by Billz4ever

11 minutes ago, BigAl2526 said:

Miami will have to play the game Sunday without Tua, and possibly without Mostert.  Unless Buffalo completely "discombobulates," they will beat Miami handily.  The following game will most likely be against Cincinnati.  Having Hyde back and healthy would be absolutely huge in that game.

ED90A39A-58C5-4B35-8B32-6FC084A20DE5.jpeg.3b6821127db97bd377209dc753972b96.jpeg

1 hour ago, Billz4ever said:

That's fantastic news.  The million-dollar question is how effective would they be at this point after being out for so long?

I still look at both of them as next season guys.  I'd love to be wrong though.

Wait.  Isn't waiting all the way to next year "being out for so long" even longer.

I don't follow the logic of waiting.

If they are ready, they are ready.

Edited by ExiledInIllinois
  • Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Wait.  Isn't waiting all the way to next year "being out for so long" even longer.

I don't follow the logic of waiting.

If they are ready, they are ready.

I don't understand what you're saying.  Being medically cleared to practice is drastically different than playing a game.  

Ask Tre.

He's in a non-contact jersey today.

26 minutes ago, BuffaloBaumer said:

Uh, wuh? You can bet 100% that Hyde will be playing vs Cinci if that game happens...One Hundred Percent. He already said that all he needed was clearance and he was good to go. He is practicing today so what would ever stop him from playing in 10 days???

I hope you're right, since a 50% hyde is still better than a full Marlowe. 

2 minutes ago, Billz4ever said:

RIght, but I'd still rather see Beas or Crowder than McK. 

McKenzie has been a big disappointment.  I didn't think Crowder seemed to have much chemistry with Josh back when he was healthy.  I'm glad he may be available, but Beasley's chemistry with Josh is immediately evident.

• Agree 1

We'll see what happens in practice but if Marlowe or whoever is going to play the whole postseason, he needs as many reps as possible. If Hyde is coming in and taking reps, the team clearly feels like he has a chance to play and play a big role. 

I have no concerns about his ability to jump in and play after so much time off. And just him being out there next week will give Burrow and the Bengals something to think about it at least to start. 

As far as Crowder goes - man that is going to be a tough role to step in to but you're asking for a lot less out of that WR than you would be asking from Hyde

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.