Tua ruled out vs Buffalo, Skylar Thompson expected to start

Process

2 minutes ago, ArdmoreRyno said:

I wouldn't sleep on Skyler Thompson when he was 100%. 

I watched him play at Kansas State and the dude call ball. He was like Brock Purdy in the Big XII. 

Have you seen the numbers?  We are facing a rookie QB who hasn't looked very good and is likely a fringe backup in this league. Let's stop trying to pretend he might be like Brock Purdy. He isn't...hasn't shown anything to suggest that in any of the games he has played so far. He has started 3 games and thrown 1 TD and 1 INT in it.  Basically this game should be over by halftime if the offense plays remotely competent and doesn't turn the ball over.

image.thumb.png.1a477fdf580908ac8319a31f62b7ef00.png

Edited by Big Turk
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, LABILLBACKER said:

I just hope we get a big enough lead to pull and rest starters. I guess we get a bye after all.

That's the best possible scenario right there, but I'm going to assume that doesn't happen so I can be pleasantly surprised if it does.

Just now, ArdmoreRyno said:

Yes... and I don't care to be honest. I've see him up front in college do the same thing... then ball out one game. They haven't used him like he should be used (duel threat). 

ST.JPG

And I don't care either because this isn't college and there is a big difference between playing in a conference where they don't play defense as a general rule and the NFL against one of the better defenses in the NFL.  Especially with what the Bills do to rookie QBs.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Big Turk said:

And I don't care either because this isn't college and there is a big difference between playing in a conference where they don't play defense as a general rule and the NFL against one of the better defenses in the NFL.  Especially with what the Bills do to rookie QBs.

Our secondary right now vs Waddle + Hill = I wouldn't be so sure they don't both go off again. But you can pretend the dude can't do crap against us based on a few starts in the NFL. 

2 minutes ago, ArdmoreRyno said:

Our secondary right now vs Waddle + Hill = I wouldn't be so sure they don't both go off again. But you can pretend the dude can't do crap against us based on a few starts in the NFL. 

I doubt he has more than 175 yards passing in the game. And a lot of that will come in garbage time.

Just now, JakeFrommStateFarm said:

I would love to see a close game where the Bills pull it out at the end.

Noooo!!  My nerves can't handle that, especially against the fish and backup QB, lol.

Get a nice lead early and give our starters a break. Best possible outcome.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Just now, Airseven said:

A physical run game from Miami, a couple flash plays from Waddle/Hill, and a couple Allen turnovers and this thing is close with all the pressure on the Bills.

Why would you expect those to happen?  I think it is far more likely the Bills go in at halftime with a 3 score lead than it being a close game.

2 minutes ago, WotAGuy said:

McDaniel was pretty funny a couple times when talking about Mike Glennon and Sean McDermott. He also emphasized that Skylar is the QB as of today, but I felt like there is a chance Teddy might play, if not start. 

Teddy might be available, just depends how available.  Probably expect Skylar to start with the possibility of Teddy being emergency QB or depending on the finger, come in if Skylar lays an egg.

Says he's working to be available.

https://www.cbssports.com/fantasy/football/news/dolphins-teddy-bridgewater-working-to-be-available-vs-bills/

Edited by Billz4ever
  • Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.