Detroit Lions knock Pack out of playoffs; gratz Geno

Punching Bag

2 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

Sorry @Ice bowl 67

I was rooting for Packers.

Gino Smith is now a starting QB in playoffs. 

I would never have guessed this would happen except by injury.

Geno had an amazing year. I guess it should be a lesson in perseverance for all of us. Congrats to him!

Edited by clayboy54
  • Like (+1) 6

• Punching Bag changed the title to Detroit Lions knock Pack out of playoffs; gratz Geno

Detroit from 1-6 to a winning season. Jets and Dolphins should take some notes. Packers were able to get some things going but overall a bad year given their high expectations as they once again gave Rodgers no help. He has WR's that resemble the 2018 Bills. I don't see how it gets any better for them next year either

• Agree 3

5 minutes ago, KDIGGZ said:

Detroit from 1-6 to a winning season. Jets and Dolphins should take some notes. Packers were able to get some things going but overall a bad year given their high expectations as they once again gave Rodgers no help. He has WR's that resemble the 2018 Bills. I don't see how it gets any better for them next year either

Was hoping to see Lions as our counterpart in the SB:cry:

There was a stretch of a month and a half or so, during the second half of the season, where Detroit was nearly undefeated, losing only to the Bills, and that was a tough game for the Bills.  I was really impressed by how well they played together.  Their roster still has holes, but almost every roster does.  Goff (and Mac Jones too, I have to say) looked like a very good professional QB.  

I was rooting for Detroit, partly because Aaron Rodgers has turned into such a jerk, and partly because the Green Bay organization failed to put a team around him, who despite being a jerk is still a good QB.  An organization that makes so many mistakes doesn't deserve to win.  And partly because I really appreciate the effort that Detroit put in, to turn into an above-.500 team in one year.  

15 hours ago, KDIGGZ said:

Rodgers just isn't as good as he used to be. That's part of the problem. We've been saying for YEARS now that they give him no help, but elite QB's elevate the team around them and make do with sub-par weapons. They have to, given their exorbitant contracts.

Not saying Rodgers isn't elite, but at what point do people start giving him some of the blame?

4 minutes ago, MJS said:

Rodgers just isn't as good as he used to be. That's part of the problem. We've been saying for YEARS now that they give him no help, but elite QB's elevate the team around them and make do with sub-par weapons. They have to, given their exorbitant contracts.

Not saying Rodgers isn't elite, but at what point do people start giving him some of the blame?

He's still very good. You have to watch the games to see that the receivers are absolute garbage. He almost put them in the playoffs when they had no business being there. Take him away from that team and they are the Texans

• Disagree 1

9 minutes ago, MJS said:

I blame him for demanding such an exorbitant contract that they couldn't put any talent around him. I agree with you that he's not as good as he used to be, but if they had Davante Adams in the lineup, they wouldn't be cleaning out their lockers today.

9 minutes ago, KDIGGZ said:

He's still very good. You have to watch the games to see that the receivers are absolute garbage. He almost put them in the playoffs when they had no business being there. Take him away from that team and they are the Texans

Agreed, but let's think about the implications of that.

Packers: no playoffs, no cap space, mid-round drafting next year, ten draft picks total

Texans: no playoffs, lots of cap space, two first-round picks (including #2 overall), twelve draft picks total

Situationally, at least, the Texans are better off.

6 minutes ago, WhoTom said:

I blame him for demanding such an exorbitant contract that they couldn't put any talent around him. I agree with you that he's not as good as he used to be, but if they had Davante Adams in the lineup, they wouldn't be cleaning out their lockers today.

Back to back MVP wants to get paid the most salary in the NFL?  He seems to have a leg to stand on regarding negotiations.  

They signed watkins, stood pat with Cobb, and played rookies.  Watkins and Cobb both missed time - and are both sort of washed at this point of their career.  WR free agent market is a mine field of bad deals - but the players they probably should have targeted would be JuJu, Crowder, Beasley, or Landry.  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.