Mahomes vs Allen or Mahomes vs Burrow

Mikie2times

11 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Sure, but you can spin the question around and say if Josh were more consistent, would he need to do all the Superman stuff? 

he doesn’t need to keep so often on the run option plays, he doesn’t need to hold the ball so long and refuse the check down or chain mover. 

The inconsistency and superhero moments go hand in hand. 

the most poignant example is boring Brady just completing 7 yard pass after 7 yard pass all the way to canton 

At no point was I talking individual.  plays, so I don't know where the superman stuff line is coming from. And also..........God shoot me if that becomes our offense. No thank you, a very big pass. Josh is going to Canton also, 1 hurdle at a time.😉

1 hour ago, KzooMike said:

The narrative is Mahomes and Allen, but only Burrow and Mahomes have reached a Super Bowl. Burrow has never lost to Mahomes. 

I stumbled across this video on Burrow and it really made me think.

One, I have eaten at the restaurant this is being filmed in. More importantly. Joe "Kool", he's not really Joe ____ . He just doesn't give that many F's. Which made me think of this video on you tube 

It's not that he's an elite leader, he's just indifferent to the noise because he knows its all just WWE and holy hell that has to matter in clutch moments.

Josh on the other hand is a puppy and that is not an insult. Outside of two-three countries we all love puppies. They're pure energy and enthusiasm but puppies will get too excited and piss on the carpet. Puppies have higher swings. They burn brighter and fade quicker. 

The video is intimidating, this guy actually makes me more nervous than Mahomes and the start of that game we didn't finish didn't ease my concerns.  

Ok. Thanks for telling us. 
tell you what, I’d take Josh over any other QB all day. Burrow and Mahomes are great too but I’d still take Josh. 

there’s room on the Bengal bandwagon if your interested. 

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, ScottLaw said:

Your puppy analogy does suck though… no idea why the bengals being a threat means Josh is a puppy?

I see him that way. I see him growing up a lot. At the end of the day I know so many people that just don't have any puppy demeanor. These people exist, they have low anxiety, low anxiousness, few high/ high's or low / low's, they live in the middle. They exist and I think these people are generally better to play QB from a consistency stand point. I do think what make's Joe B such a threat is his psych profile. He's not Joe Kool as I thought. That name and image to me made me feel as if he put on a show of sorts. 

When you see his video you can tell the guy just doesn't care. It's in a way where it's not like he doesn't care about winning at all, he just recognizes football is just a game and that's all it is. It's not something to get all excited about. 

5 minutes ago, KzooMike said:

When you see his video you can tell the guy just doesn't care. It's in a way where it's not like he doesn't care about winning at all, he just recognizes football is just a game and that's all it is. It's not something to get all excited about. 

And this right here is why I want Josh as my QB. Because to him it isn't JUST a game, it's about bringing a Lombardi home to the City of Buffalo. And that is something to get all excited about. I'll take Josh's edge over Joe's Kool any day of the week.

1 hour ago, LABILLBACKER said:

That puppy is going to piss all over Belichick this Sunday. I guess the biggest fear I have with Joe is the ages of his top 2 wrs. At 22 & 23, Chase and Higgins are going to be a problem. 

Those two are gonna have to get paid at the same time. Chances are they won’t be able to retain both of them on top of the Burrow contract. My guess is one of them will leave Cinci

11 minutes ago, VaMilBill said:

Those two are gonna have to get paid at the same time. Chances are they won’t be able to retain both of them on top of the Burrow contract. My guess is one of them will leave Cinci

It’s Higgins. He is as good as gone because he was drafted with Burrow so he has to be paid ASAP. Mike Brown doesn’t have the cash.

Edited by FrenchConnection

37 minutes ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

Do we really think Burrow is just going to go undefeated against Mahomes?

Or that Herbert will never break through?

Or Joe-Cool will never lose a game again?

These are all media driven kind of narratives. 

Nooo. ugh, we have never played the Bengals in the JA, which is why everybody is on PM's nutties

3 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

That all its is. Most of us know who Joe Burrow is, he just hasn't been too relevant to the Bills until now.

Maybe I have PTBD but he looks like Tom as far as release time and ambivalence. I want nothing to do with him. 

1 minute ago, KzooMike said:

Maybe I have PTBD but he looks like Tom as far as release time and ambivalence. I want nothing to do with him. 

It's a similar timing offense to what Brady runs, designed to get the ball out quick, because Burrow like Brady is not going to improvise as well on the move. As opposed to the Bills offense, which is willing to let things develop because of Josh's abilities and tendency to want to push the ball downfield.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

6 hours ago, LOVEMESOMEBILLS said:

At no point was I talking individual.  plays, so I don't know where the superman stuff line is coming from. And also..........God shoot me if that becomes our offense. No thank you, a very big pass. Josh is going to Canton also, 1 hurdle at a time.😉

you can dislike it, but that style offense has value, especially if you can turn it on and off and vary tempo… Allen would be all world if he embraced the short game more often and took what’s there. 

it’s his choice. Ability is there. He can have a cam newton career or a Ben R career. 

7 hours ago, Kiva said:

Both burrow and Mahomes are over rated. Josh could be the best if he’d play consistently. 

Mahomes puts up the best numbers and the most highlights with receivers that are open half as much as Cincy’s and Buffalo’s, especially Cincinnati. 

Sure seems overrated. 

• Agree 1

I fear Burrow over Mahomes more at the moment more due to his weaponry at his disposal. With Chase, Higgins, Boyd and Mixon he has a far greater choice of talented offensive players to utilise his game than Mahomes and Josh currently have - far more rests on their shoulders to get the respective offenses of the Chiefs and the Bills clicking. That's not to detract from Burrow, who is a future HoF QB.

1 hour ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

you can dislike it, but that style offense has value, especially if you can turn it on and off and vary tempo… Allen would be all world if he embraced the short game more often and took what’s there. 

it’s his choice. Ability is there. He can have a cam newton career or a Ben R career. 

Alright, you just lost 100% credibility with the Cam Newton line.😂😂😂😂😂Talk about going way over the top just to try and prove a point. Josh's last 3 years have all been better than Cam's best year and it'll keep going like that for another 10-15 years. Their careers are exactly alike except for the completion percentage(sub 60), yards(only 32,000 in 11 seasons, 218 ypg) and td to int ration(194 tds, 123 ints). Yup besides all those things(Basically everything to do QB play) they'll be identical. Cam Newton career, damn I ain't heard something that funny in awhile.😂😂😂😂😂

13 hours ago, KzooMike said:

The narrative is Mahomes and Allen, but only Burrow and Mahomes have reached a Super Bowl. Burrow has never lost to Mahomes. 

I stumbled across this video on Burrow and it really made me think.

One, I have eaten at the restaurant this is being filmed in. More importantly. Joe "Kool", he's not really Joe ____ . He just doesn't give that many F's. Which made me think of this video on you tube 

It's not that he's an elite leader, he's just indifferent to the noise because he knows its all just WWE and holy hell that has to matter in clutch moments.

Josh on the other hand is a puppy and that is not an insult. Outside of two-three countries we all love puppies. They're pure energy and enthusiasm but puppies will get too excited and piss on the carpet. Puppies have higher swings. They burn brighter and fade quicker. 

The video is intimidating, this guy actually makes me more nervous than Mahomes and the start of that game we didn't finish didn't ease my concerns.  

Last season Allen was embarked on one of if not the greatest runs by a QB in NFL playoff history. His clutch performance against KC, leading TWO late 4th quarter TD drives clearly shows he is not a "puppy". 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.