Revisiting the Tre White to Safety thread

HOUSE

1 minute ago, Royale with Cheese said:

LOL at Tre running a 4.75 - 40 because he was beat by Waddle and Chase who are lightning fast.

I ran a 4.9 - 40 when I was timed at the gym over the summer.  I’m 41 and had back surgery a year ago and certainly do not speed train.  Tre White isn’t just a little faster than me, I promise you that.

Well you should be happy when he is torched in the Playoffs. 

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, HOUSE said:

I did a search and a pop up said the thread is old and to start a new one.

When I first saw the original I thought it was a bad idea.

Safety is a different animal,  the action is in front of you. A player with good instincts can pick off a lot of passes. 

Tre White is struggling at CB right now and he may be a better fit there till next season.

Just a thought.....

This post getting a lot of hate, but it’s something that is def possible especially if Tre has lost a little burst. We are not sure if he will ever get that back. He’s always been a guy who has a high football IQ and relied on instincts more than pure physical ability in my opinion so who knows. I’m not much of Xs and Os guy so I’m really not sure, but I don’t see why not?

Edited by ChronicAndKnuckles
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

LOL at Tre running a 4.75 - 40 because he was beat by Waddle and Chase who are lightning fast.

I ran a 4.9 - 40 when I was timed at the gym over the summer.  I’m 41 and had back surgery a year ago and certainly do not speed train.  Tre White isn’t just a little faster than me, I promise you that.

You forgot to add @teef was chasing you…naked.

• Haha (+1) 3

I feel bad for Tre.  He used to be a big personality on the team,,,loud, funny...at the front and center of all the laughs on Bills social media.  Since the injury he's been away from it, obviously lost his confidence and mojo.  We don't hear much from him anymore.  He's not happy with his performance, and the last we saw of him the other night he was emotionally broken after watching Hamlin go down.  Just feel bad for the guy and hope he gets his game back and his confidence back someday.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 1

28 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Humblebrag.

14 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

If Tre runs a 4.75 - 40, then he’s too slow to play safety too lol.  Maybe we should ask him to gain 40 lbs and play linebacker?

That's a little slow for a LB these days too.  We do have a need for interior offensive linemen though.

• Haha (+1) 2

The number one reason guys move from CB to safety, is speed or lack of fluidity. We've never been a big team, and are built on coverage, so it could work. I just think this team is to stubborn to try.

Just now, Allen2Moulds said:

The number one reason guys move from CB to safety, is speed or lack of fluidity. We've never been a big team, and are built on coverage, so it could work. I just think this team is to stubborn to try. Also, Tre's best trait is his smarts/instincts, which is the most important trait for a safety.

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Allen2Moulds said:

The number one reason guys move from CB to safety, is speed or lack of fluidity. We've never been a big team, and are built on coverage, so it could work. I just think this team is to stubborn to try.

I see no reason to let him struggle in the biggest games of the season..

His on field experience could help at safety. It was just a thought 

• Like (+1) 2

I’m not sure what the plan is with Tre but 1 thing I’d love to see is Elam on the field. I really can’t understand the issue. The guy would probably be our best cover corner at this stage. I’m willing to sacrifice the sure tackle if the guy he’s covering isn’t catching the ball constantly. Let’s get a young athletic guy out there that can keep guys from getting open in the first place 

• Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, LeGOATski said:

All the INTs I can remember him making were in zone.

I think this is still premature, though. The only way he can get better is to keep chugging along at CB. I think the coaches are going to be ultra patient with him (as they have been) and make coverage adjustments as necessary.

Absolutely hear ya. Never saw him as a freak inception ball hawk though.. if I remember he missed bringing in balls that other dudes make. Would he have been a great, or as great, a safety as he was a corner back in 2021 — sure. Now though? I’m afraid he’s bad as both. And there isn’t time for patience now. The Bengals were not looking too afraid of Tre on Monday. They were eating him for five whole minutes. Chiefs and Bengals. Mahomes and Burrow.. that’s gonna be a problem right now.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I ran a 4.5 in august… training with athletes … Clocked at 19 mph peak

And I’m sure I couldn’t even get off the line vs tre let alone beat him deep in a football situation lol

Waddle and hill have world class speed 

Edited by Buffalo716

1 minute ago, Buffalo716 said:

I ran a 4.5 in august… training with athletes 

And I’m sure I couldn’t even get off the line vs tre let alone beat him deep in a football situation lol

Waddle and hill have world class speed lol

Are you really trying to one up me?

Okay well....how many Belgian waffles can you eat in one sitting?

• Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.