Bills Start Time vs. Patriots

jethro_tull

The Bills are playing this Sunday.  All Sunday game start times are TBD.  

First off the way the NFL holds everyone's schedule's hostage (game attendees, viewers and press) for TV ratings is getting very old.  

The Bills are prime time TV and have a good chance of the Sunday night spot.  

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, jethro_tull said:

First off the way the NFL holds everyone's schedule's hostage (game attendees, viewers and press) for TV ratings is getting very old.  

Ravens - Bengals or Packers - Lions have a better shot for SNF. Since the KC game is Saturday, I would guess the Bills game will be Sunday at 1:00

• Like (+1) 5

9 minutes ago, jethro_tull said:

You want teams playing when they still have a chance to make the playoffs. Obviously they are not going to play a West coast game at 10 am but if you can set it up that the games are meaningful then the NFL should do it. 

That said it is a pain when talking about travel and plane flights. 

Edited by Ethan in Cleveland
  • Like (+1) 1

I think the way it’s worked lately is all the teams with a shot at movement play at 4. I can’t see anyway the Bills are at 1 but Sal just talked himself in circles thinking it will be at 1. I think I might be dumber for having listened to what he just said, at point he was talking about when it will be if the chiefs lose lol I’m guessing at that point it’s a little too late to move the game time bud…I say it has to be 4 the game will have meaning for both teams 

17 minutes ago, jethro_tull said:

Not surprising Jethro Tull would think this with all he has smoked.  Keep dreaming, though many with tickets to game would call that more a nightmare to start.  There's many better games than Bills Pats for Sunday night as pointed out.

If Bills win tonight, then very likely Bengals Ravens will be Sunday night game for division title.  If they lose, then more likely Lions-Packers  or one of the NFC east games.

Edited by Ed_Formerly_of_Roch

27 minutes ago, jethro_tull said:

Buffalo wins they have a chance but than that makes Baltimore vs Cincy for the division.  I think its Ravens v Bengals or Lions vs Pakers are the games.  Buffalo playing for the 1 seed vs Patriots wildcard isnt as big as either of those games.  Most likely stand alone 4pm game with Nance and Romo.

Edited by Mat68

1 hour ago, Cheektowaga Chad said:

NFL would never do it but just schedule every game for the same time at like 230 or 3pm

Obviously sponsors and TV partners may be upset but if the ONLY goal is to provide no advantage to teams that's how you do it 

Fixed.  

it’s not though 

1 hour ago, jethro_tull said:

Bills won't be on SNF. The NFL is waiting until after tonight to announce it for a reason. If Bills win, then SNF probably will be CIN-BAL. If we lose, SNF probably will be GB-DET. For SNF, they want ratings but also a game with good playoff implications. A Bills team that has already clinched the #1 seed (if we win tonight and KC loses Saturday) or is locked in at #3 (if we lose tonight and KC and CIN wins next week) is of no interest to the NFL with just NE (without Tom Brady) playing for a WC spot. In that case, they would rather have GB, which is ratings gold. Could even be Rodgers's farewell.

Edited by chongli
  • Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

I think the way it’s worked lately is all the teams with a shot at movement play at 4. I can’t see anyway the Bills are at 1 but Sal just talked himself in circles thinking it will be at 1. I think I might be dumber for having listened to what he just said, at point he was talking about when it will be if the chiefs lose lol I’m guessing at that point it’s a little too late to move the game time bud…I say it has to be 4 the game will have meaning for both teams 

I think the Bills/Pats, NYJ/MIA, JAX/TEN, and CLE/PIT games will all be at the same time. They won't want to kill one with the result of another

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Mango said:

I think the Bills/Pats, NYJ/MIA, JAX/TEN, and CLE/PIT games will all be at the same time. They won't want to kill one with the result of another

Speaking of that, the NFL is trying very hard not to feature CLE in any game this year because of the whole Deshaun Watson thing. They never had a chance for Saturday (or SNF, obviously).

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, chongli said:

Speaking of that, the NFL is trying very hard not to feature CLE in any game this year because of the whole Deshaun Watson thing. They never had a chance for Saturday (or SNF, obviously).

I wish they would feature him. I would rather everybody watch him blow rather than keep him quite until he finds his footing. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Big Turk said:

It's win and in for the Patsies. Only issue is we typically drub them and they look uncompetitive unless there is a 70 mph wind storm.

The Bills can end their season 2 years in a row.

It doesn't make up for the last 20 - but it helps.

• Like (+1) 3

3 minutes ago, Success said:

The Bills can end their season 2 years in a row.

It doesn't make up for the last 20 - but it helps.

Look at it like gotta hit 2 yrs in a row on the way to 20 straight years.  Can't do what the Pats did to Bills without this start.  

• Like (+1) 1

I would have said no to SNF but KC/LVR is flexed to SAT. It will come down to if Bills win tonite. A Bills victory and SNF it will be : win and in for Pats ( Boston TV market) vs #1 seed for Bills. If CIN wins tonite Bills probably play at 4 or maybe even 1 pm if that’s the time assigned to Jets/ MIA. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.