Week 17 Gameday Thread - Around the NFL

chongli

45 minutes ago, SCBills said:

That’s me, with Cousins.  With Brady on my bench. 

I don’t know how people do it with players we’re going up against.  I always bench a player we play.  

I can't...my backup option was Mac Jones.

7 minutes ago, NyQuil said:

Expect Lions at GB and Rams at Seattle to be 4pm times next week. I'd also expect Giants at Eagles, Cowboys at Commanders and Vikings at Bears to all be 1pm games.

Wouldn't be surprised to see the GB / Detroit game moved to 8pm 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, billybob71 said:

wait so if the Bills can win tomorrow they can secure 1 seed and eliminate the pats in front of home crowd? that would be sweet

I THINK if the Pats lose they can still get in if both the Steelers and Dolphins lose next week.  But eliminating them would be cool.

• Like (+1) 1

50 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

CMC was worth every asset the 49ers traded

He’s why they’re winning the SB. And can we clear up all the discussion about it being a lot of assets? He’s the best RB in the league and it’s not even close when you consider the system he’s in now. They gave up a 2, 3, and 4 this year, and a 5 next year. Sounds like a lot until you realize they had assets to play with considering they got comp picks for losing minority coaches. That’s free assets. Considering Carolina wanted multiple 1sts at the start of the trade deadline, I’d say SF fleeced them. And the injury concerns weren’t a real thing. He wanted out of Carolina. His family has deep ties to the Shanahans. He’s obviously all in. Only the bills and chiefs have better odds to win the SB and it’s a slight advantage. Just gotta pray eagles get healthy so we don’t have to play SF in the Super Bowl. 

• Agree 1

4 minutes ago, Process said:

This is not unrealistic at all. Good move by the jags not resting starters. Though they should blow the titans out next week.

I was playing around with the NYT simulator and couldn't understand why the Titans/Jags game had relevance over other AFC teams for playoffs (thought maybe it was some deep tie-breaker like common opponent, or SOV/SOS).

3 minutes ago, BeavercreekBillsFan said:

He’s why they’re winning the SB. And can we clear up all the discussion about it being a lot of assets? He’s the best RB in the league and it’s not even close when you consider the system he’s in now. They gave up a 2, 3, and 4 this year, and a 5 next year. Sounds like a lot until you realize they had assets to play with considering they got comp picks for losing minority coaches. That’s free assets. Considering Carolina wanted multiple 1sts at the start of the trade deadline, I’d say SF fleeced them. And the injury concerns weren’t a real thing. He wanted out of Carolina. His family has deep ties to the Shanahans. He’s obviously all in. Only the bills and chiefs have better odds to win the SB and it’s a slight advantage. Just gotta pray eagles get healthy so we don’t have to play SF in the Super Bowl. 

Damn, frankly I would have given up a 1st and 2nd. Holy cow we would be unstoppable with him. Just imagine. 

11 minutes ago, BeavercreekBillsFan said:

SF is playing very well, but they only have 2 wins this year against playoff teams (TB and LAC), so I'm not sure they're as good as everyone seems to think, more like they've had an easy schedule.

• Agree 1

17 minutes ago, BeavercreekBillsFan said:

I’d prefer a Bills / 49ers Super Bowl actually . Berman can finally take that jacket he had made up in the 90’s out of storage . Amazing that matchup never happened then as both teams were excellent. 

• Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.