Carr Benched. Stidham Starting Rest of Season

wjag

21 hours ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

someone is going to Miami. It it is clear  Tua can not be counted on there. 

Who they cannot afford anyone. They have 6M over cap. 35 players on roster and really no way to free cap. 

how they affording a 35M a year QB? 

33 minutes ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

Xavien Howard most likely restructures or gets traded. Tyreek hill restructure etc. Grier will find a way to manipulate the cap

Howard doesn’t save them much for next year as his base is only 1.5 million.

Hill can get them around 10 million converting base to a bonus and spreading that out the remains 4 years, but his signing bonus is enormous and makes it harder to get out as he ages.

4 minutes ago, Rochesterfan said:

Howard doesn’t save them much for next year as his base is only 1.5 million.

Hill can get them around 10 million converting base to a bonus and spreading that out the remains 4 years, but his signing bonus is enormous and makes it harder to get out as he ages.

Also Emmanuel Ogbah is another restructure or traded off the team. Byron Jones is also a goner as well

24 minutes ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

Also Emmanuel Ogbah is another restructure or traded off the team. Byron Jones is also a goner as well

I mean that’s great… but that just makes them worse… say they restructure Tyreek Hill, Ogabh and either Howard or Jones. Then have to trade the other. 

Then replace Tua with Derek Carr or Jimmy G… did they really get better? 

23 minutes ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

Maybe - Ogbah could net them almost 10 million in a conversion, but with limited term left - it makes it nearly impossible to cut him.

Byron Jones is a 14+ million cap hit.  They could save 3 million+ cutting him, but then have to replace him.

They can certainly find a bit of money to do what they need, but being that far over the cap without paying a QB makes things harder.

2 minutes ago, JGMcD2 said:

I mean that’s great… but that just makes them worse… say they restructure Tyreek Hill, Ogabh and either Howard or Jones. Then have to trade the other. 

Then replace Tua with Derek Carr or Jimmy G… did they really get better? 

Derek Carr is better than Tua and Jimmy G, yes. 

And I wouldn't be worried about cutting Ogbah (not that good had a couple of years of flattering numbers but I said even then he wasn't good) or Byron Jones. 

But the upgrade from Tua to Derek Carr isn't making you a Superbowl contender. So why give up draft picks for that (especially when you are short of picks anyway)? If Carr was cut and hit the open market that is different. Then it is worth them looking into it. But I suspect there will be a team (the Jets) willing to give up picks. And it makes more sense for the Jets because they have no QB (Miami has a serviceable guy in Tua), and a real solid core of young talent. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Just now, GunnerBill said:

And I wouldn't be worried about cutting Ogbah (not that good had a couple of years of flattering numbers but I said even then he wasn't good) or Byron Jones. 

But the upgrade from Tua to Derek Carr isn't making you a Superbowl contender. So why give up draft picks for that (especially when you are short of picks anyway)? If Carr was cut and hit the open market that is different. Then it is worth them looking into it. But I suspect there will be a team (the Jets) willing to give up picks. And it makes more sense for the Jets because they have no QB (Miami has a serviceable guy in Tua), and a real solid core of young talent. 

Idk if Carr at this point is better than Tua. More durable 100 for sure but better as a QB??? Might have to disagree on that but Miami has practically next to zero choice it’s either Carr or Jimmy G

2 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Also I doubt the jets trade for Carr especially when he’s guaranteed 45 million for the next 2 seasons

15 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Yeah I think we’re on the same page Gunner. 

2 hours ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

Xavien Howard most likely restructures or gets traded. Tyreek hill restructure etc. Grier will find a way to manipulate the cap

Already did. So a trade costs them 22M in cap space. Their cap is disgustingly bad 

1 hour ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

Idk if Carr at this point is better than Tua. More durable 100 for sure but better as a QB??? Might have to disagree on that but Miami has practically next to zero choice it’s either Carr or Jimmy G

Also I doubt the jets trade for Carr especially when he’s guaranteed 45 million for the next 2 seasons

They won’t be trading him, they will be cutting him before February 15th, they can basically walk away from him for next to zero cap hit.  The only reason Carr is on the bench is an injury would have guaranteed him next year’s salary and locked them in.  

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.