TUA in Concussion Protocol Again!

wppete

15 minutes ago, BigdaddyinOrlando said:

I saw this out of the corner of my eyes live and said to my wife that he whacked his head on the ground. Was amazed at not seeing any replay of it but sadly not shocked about him in protocol. However I am shocked and disappointed that he wasn’t put in this protocol during the game! This kids brain is being scrambled and not being caught or team isn’t in his best interest! Sad actually 

It doesn't help that he lies about how he's feeling. He refuses to protect himself, which is a ticking time bomb that appears to have gone off.

• Like (+1) 3

47 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Every single player reacts to concussions differently… Some get one and they’re messed up for life

Some people get 5 and it doesn’t affect their long-term health… Tua becoming Stiff and twitching was definitely scary 

I lost my college football career because of concussions…. You can see CTE brain damage in guys like Antonio Brown

Thankfully Morse doesn’t seem to be in that category as of now

Yeah, I "only" had two that I was officially aware of. That was enough for me and I didn't go past high school. I knew I wasn't ever gonna go further than that, and having those cobwebs get worse each time wasn't worth it for me.

That said, if I was getting paid millions upon millions of dollars, it's a different story.

• Thank you (+1) 1

So correct me if I’m missing something here…it’s either:

A) He suffered a 3rd concussion this season, in the first half, and played the entire rest of the game? Again?!

or

B) His terrible 2nd half is being explained about by reporting of minor or even false symptoms, in an effort to make his dreadful performance understandable.

Either way, this is a TERRIBLE look for the dolphins.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Dick_Cheney said:

Yeah, I "only" had two that I was officially aware of. That was enough for me and I didn't go past high school. I knew I wasn't ever gonna go further than that, and having those cobwebs get worse each time wasn't worth it for me.

That said, if I was getting paid millions upon millions of dollars, it's a different story.

20 30 40 50 60 years ago These guys got there bell rung …. And it was just that… Cobwebs and you got your bell rung 

Thankfully science caught up to that… Because As we know… It’s not just getting your bell rung 

There are serious long-term effects

• Like (+1) 1

The continued ineptitude by NFL and Dolphins is crazy. No coach in his right mind would want to put a concussed player back on the field. Tua’s stats pre and post concussion tell one reason why. Short and long term health impacts are another. But the NFL continuing to screw this up is even more shocking. As focused as they are on optics, missing this is unacceptable. Remember that they fired the doc that missed it last time.  Now the replacement misses the same guy bouncing his head off the ground. Wow!

Edited by BarleyNY
  • Disagree 1

19 minutes ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:

So correct me if I’m missing something here…it’s either:

A) He suffered a 3rd concussion this season, in the first half, and played the entire rest of the game? Again?!

or

B) His terrible 2nd half is being explained about by reporting of minor or even false symptoms, in an effort to make his dreadful performance understandable.

Either way, this is a TERRIBLE look for the dolphins.

Not a doctor, but one of the symptoms of concussions is bad depth perception which could explain the 3 INTs in the 4th quarter. 

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, BarleyNY said:

The continued ineptitude by NFL and Dolphins is crazy. No coach in his right mind would want to put a concussed player back on the field. Tua’s stats pre and post concussion tell one reason why. Short and long term health impacts are another. But the NFL continuing to screw this up is even more shocking. As focused as they are on optics, missing this is unacceptable. Remember that they fired the doc that missed it last time.  Now the replacement misses the same guy bouncing his head off the ground. Wow!

If the expectation is catching every single head injury, you may as well fire the next three guys today too. It’s just not going to happen. You wont even 100% catch the obvious ones, yet alone every last head bounce, etc… without symptoms shown 

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, BuffaloBaumer said:

That whole organization makes me freaking sick to my stomach. What a fckn disgrace

I agree.

I still think it's pretty messed up what happened to Josh in the Green Bay game, and nobody officially said anything about it. That said, these things do happen on a spectrum, although even a minor concussion is not something to mess around with.

If what happened to Tua had happened to Josh, especially the hit that sent Tua into a near seizure on the turf, I genuinely would not have felt great about him coming back at any point this year. Sure, it's easy to say that from a spectator standpoint discussing a hypothetical, but it's a hypothetical until it isn't. That's the kind of hit that takes years off of a man's life, and although I want a Super Bowl as badly as a Bills fan can want a Super Bowl, I'm still able to take a step back and say that it is not worth a person's life.

We've been lucky thus far and I hope it stays that way. Every game is a gamble for these guys, and they know the stakes better than anyone, but still. It can't be easy to walk away when you have the pressure of an organization and millions of fans demanding your performance. It's sad to say, but it's almost in Tua's best interest for one more bad hit to happen that really, finally puts things into perspective and he reconsiders what he's doing.

Twitter and the rest are going crazy on this story.

It's really one of my least favorite things about the internet.  Instantly, everyone feels like they know everything, and are quick to judge.

From the sounds of it, he only exhibited some symptoms after the game.  And they're not even sure yet if it's really a concussion.  This doesn't sound like it was something that was instantly clear or obvious, or even suspicious. But we all need more details to come out.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Success said:

Twitter and the rest are going crazy on this story.

It's really one of my least favorite things about the internet.  Instantly, everyone feels like they know everything, and are quick to judge.

From the sounds of it, he only exhibited some symptoms after the game.  And they're not even sure yet if it's really a concussion.  This doesn't sound like it was something that was instantly clear or obvious, or even suspicious. But we all need more details to come out.

He exhibited symtpoms as soon as he started throwing the ball again.

Edited by Dick_Cheney
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.