Stay classy buffalo

Maybe less investing in green electricity sources and carbon credits. more to actual infrastructure/equipment that's been failing and why so many are without power right now.

less pandering and funding social programs and a little more on things like police, fire, roads and energy infrastructure.

After Katrina the Cajun Navy was formed. its helped in the storms since. its not a government program.

15 minutes ago, T master said:

If you could put Bidens face on every face in these that has Trumps face on it they would or could both work EXACTLY the same but that's the thing you REFUSE to see you might need to go to the optometrist & get your eyes checked .

Well on second thought never mind no matter how good your eye sight may be or what you see it will never over come your unwavering bias .

Sorry i forgot who i was replying to ... Hope you got all the free bees that Biden sent you for Christmas & like they did with the gift for Kamala i hope you get a bus load of some of the 2378944 "Undocumented Immigrants" that came across the border in 2022 delivered to your front door seeing as this is what your vote has brought us .

Yah great job Joe from from 458,088 in 2020 to 2,378,944 in 2022 but hey that border is for sure secure just imagine if this administration gets it's way & they do away with another law put in place by the former president yep he's doing a great bang up job ...

Insert the picture of Trump here _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ .

As requested:

giphy.gif?cid=5e214886mm4t27euh8tzbh569g

39 minutes ago, B-Man said:

Business Owner Opens Fire on Looters During Buffalo Blizzard

I’ve seen some suggest that this is acceptable because they are just stealing necessities. Yeah, well except they aren’t just stealing necessities, as other videos of the picked-over interiors of these stores show. Two, I’m not sure that’s an excuse anyway.

Some store owners in the city aren’t buying it either. A video that appears to be from Sunday night includes gunfire as a business owner defends his store from looters.

(WARNING: Language)

At the top of the video, you see a group of people in a confrontation across the street. The woman holding the camera then starts screaming about an “Arab” (I’m assuming that’s the business owner) having a gun and telling people to run. A few seconds later, gunshots ring out and chaos ensues.

What’s also notable in the video is that the power is still on and cars are driving around. What possible excuse could there be for trying to loot a store in those conditions? Buffalo’s mayor addressed the anarchy by calling looters the “lowest of the low.”

https://redstate.com/bonchie/2022/12/27/watch-business-owner-opens-fire-on-looters-during-buffalo-blizzard-n679565

There will always be scum bags that try to take advantage of others in the worst of situations they are called scavengers !

POS people that can make a excuse for anything they do to make it look justified . They say things like well they have insurance or they are better off than we are and society has kept me down so that's why i'm a thief ! 

It's much easier to make up a excuse or lie about a disability than it is to go out & try to earn a living . And i can almost bet who they voted for .

But as the old adage says "Excuses are like A holes every one has one & usually they stink" !! 

• Like (+1) 1

44 minutes ago, Chris farley said:

Maybe less investing in green electricity sources and carbon credits. more to actual infrastructure/equipment that's been failing and why so many are without power right now.

less pandering and funding social programs and a little more on things like police, fire, roads and energy infrastructure.

After Katrina the Cajun Navy was formed. its helped in the storms since. its not a government program.

Yeah the police can just arrest the blizzard next time, that'll work about as well as those SWAT tanks our tax dollars paid for. 

1 hour ago, Chris farley said:

Trumps infrastructure plan is just two weeks away…

• Sad 1

Or maybe people needing help for "necessities" during a blizzard could just follow the countless examples we are witnessing and rely on the kindness of neighbors for help instead of stealing from local businesses. 

If you assume that people from poor areas are incapable of this because of the color of their skin then you're a racist.

Sorry, not sorry. Your rules.

1 hour ago, Roundybout said:

What policies do Republicans have that would be better? 

Maybe when Republicans hold power in every major city for 50 years we can find out what their policies might do.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, BillsFanNC said:

Or maybe people needing help for "necessities" during a blizzard could just follow the countless examples we are witnessing and rely on the kindness of neighbors for help instead of stealing from local businesses. 

If you assume that people from poor areas are incapable of this because of the color of their skin then you're a racist.

always 

giphy.gif?cid=5e21488694vcxujw20iby1d5j0

I'm aware. I am sure the people stealing TVs and whatnot will be apprehended. I'm just not going to wring my hands and scream "LOOTERS" and ignore the good stories that have come out of this blizzard like conservatives are choosing to do. 

the issue is the looters will cause a store or two to close down making life more difficult for the locals. It’s not just a one night problem. One more small business that closes. You can ignore that but that shows you don’t actually give a ***** about the minorities in that community 

I'm aware. I am sure the people stealing TVs and whatnot will be apprehended. I'm just not going to wring my hands and scream "LOOTERS" and ignore the good stories that have come out of this blizzard like conservatives are choosing to do. 

the issue is the looters will cause a store or two to close down making life more difficult for the locals. It’s not just a one night problem. One more small business that closes. You can ignore that but that shows you don’t actually give a ***** about the minorities in that community 

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, T master said:

NOT !!! Prove those numbers wrong then big guy !!! Do your research even though it will make no difference !! 

I don’t have to do your research. 

Read @Albwan comment - then read my response to his comment.

And then look at your unhinged response to my comment.

You're a mess dude.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1

20 minutes ago, BillStime said:

City of Good neighbors

But some guys took a tv from Rent a Center so it’s all invalid 

1 hour ago, aristocrat said:

Doesn’t look like many small businesses were hit, just the chains like Family Dollar where the good merchandise is.

• Like (+1) 1

41 minutes ago, Roundybout said:

Doesn’t look like many small businesses were hit, just the chains like Family Dollar where the good merchandise is.

Justify it all you can.

A nurse who was stuck at Oshei Childrens Hospital due to the storm over the Christmas weekend returned to her home yesterday morning and found looters had broken in and stolen all her electronics and the presents she had under her Christmas tree for her children. But hey, the burglars probably thought that stuff was essentials, amirite?

Edited by wnyguy
  • Sad 1
  • Angry 2

4 minutes ago, wnyguy said:

Justify it all you can.

A nurse who was stuck at Oshei Childrens Hospital due to the storm over the Christmas weekend returned to her home yesterday morning and found looters had broken in and stolen all her electronics and the presents she had under her Christmas tree for her children. But hey, the burglars probably thought that stuff was essentials, amirite?

Roundy says if you teach a man to fish, he can fish, but if you teach a man to rob the homes of neighbors specially targeting electronics and flat screen televisions in excess of 45” screen size, he can binge watch Netflix all year long. 

• Haha (+1) 2

1 minute ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

Roundy says if you teach a man to fish, he can fish, but if you teach a man to rob the homes of neighbors specially targeting electronics and flat screen televisions in excess of 45” screen size, he can binge watch Netflix all year long. 

While there were many wonderful stories of good hearted people helping and even saving lives throughout Western New York there are also the stories of good people being victimized by low life creatures. Billsy and Roundy want us to think that looting and vandalism and robbing is no big deal. How can you live with that set of values and morality? Did their parents not teach them right from wrong?

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, wnyguy said:

While there were many wonderful stories of good hearted people helping and even saving lives throughout Western New York there are also the stories of good people being victimized by low life creatures. Billsy and Roundy want us to think that looting and vandalism and robbing is no big deal. How can you live with that set of values and morality? Did their parents not teach them right from wrong?

Seems to me Roundy is a troll, just looking to throw some cr@p out there to see what sticks.   He tossed a couple lines out in an effort to race-bait, and when that failed launched the post about “the good stuff” being looted from chains and Family Dollar.    

• Agree 2

12 minutes ago, wnyguy said:

In other words:

Black Americans should respect law and order while white Americans can do whatever they want.

Thats WHY this thread exist. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, BillStime said:

In other words:

Black Americans should respect law and order while white Americans can do whatever they want.

Thats WHY this thread exist. 

Seems it's you who made it a black/white issue, I'm sure there are plenty of fine people on both sides.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

Seems to me Roundy is a troll, just looking to throw some cr@p out there to see what sticks.   He tossed a couple lines out in an effort to race-bait, and when that failed launched the post about “the good stuff” being looted from chains and Family Dollar.    

Not at all, just someone who understands how poverty works and doesn’t think of cities as bombed out war zones filled with Mad Max characters. 

4 hours ago, BillsFanNC said:

Maybe when Republicans hold power in every major city for 50 years we can find out what their policies might do.

We don’t need to, we can just look at Mississippi, a deep red state that’s the biggest welfare queen in the union!

2 hours ago, wnyguy said:

The looters are being arrested. Why is it such a big deal to you? Hmmmm. 

• Eyeroll 1

3 hours ago, Roundybout said:

What the **** does that even mean?

The good merchandise??

@KDIGGZ like at his store too? 

It’s acceptable to hit family dollar because it’s a chain? Guess what that’s why the stores leave and don’t come back

Don’t downplay it when the mayor is calling it despicable

Edited by Buffalo716
  • Thank you (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, BillsFanNC said:

Yep. A troll.

Hey @Roundybout...

***** off!!!

Anything not in your echo chamber is trolling, apparently. 

2 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

What the **** does that even mean?

The good merchandise??

@KDIGGZ like at his store too? 

It’s acceptable to hit family dollar because it’s a chain? Guess what that’s why the stores leave and don’t come back

Don’t downplay it when the mayor is calling it despicable

Good merchandise = high end TVs, electronics, baby formula, etc. Not liquor. 

• Vomit 1

2 minutes ago, Roundybout said:

Anything not in your echo chamber is trolling, apparently. 

Good merchandise = high end TVs, electronics, baby formula, etc. Not liquor. 

Oh So you’re allowed to steal high-end TVs or electronics just because it’s a blizzard?

Got it

That’s Why nobody wants to open businesses there

Edited by Buffalo716
  • Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Oh So you’re allowed to steal high-end TVs or electronics just because it’s a blizzard?

Got it

That’s Why nobody wants to open businesses there

You could always reread what I wrote about poverty and people doing desperate things, but why would you do that when you can keep harping on a few scattered cases? 

the police already arrested 12 people for looting. Think conservatives will move off this point? Nah. Whatever helps them reinforce their echo chamber belief that the city is just a horrible wretched place unsuitable for decent people.

If you disapprove of people STEALING...

Therefore you hate black people...

@Roundybout

You're either trolling or a monumental moron.

Take your pick fuk c stick.

19 hours ago, Roundybout said:

We get it, you don’t like black people and have zero understanding of socioeconomic history. 

Proof before he deletes it.

• Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Roundybout said:

You could always reread what I wrote about poverty and people doing desperate things, but why would you do that when you can keep harping on a few scattered cases? 

the police already arrested 12 people for looting. Think conservatives will move off this point? Nah. Whatever helps them reinforce their echo chamber belief that the city is just a horrible wretched place unsuitable for decent people.

Dude I know all about poverty and socio economics

My entire family grew up on the east side.. Still have the family house.. I spend a lot of time on the east and west side… I know a bunch of homeless people on the east side by name

And I also know the love in the community

Desperation is a hell of a thing… We are still better than looting TVs and electronics

There’s no reason for bullets to be firing during a blizzard

• Like (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, Roundybout said:

One store closing already. Likely more on the way according to him. Thoughts?

9 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Dude I know all about poverty and socio economics

My entire family grew up on the east side.. Still have the family house.. I spend a lot of time on the east and west side… I know a bunch of homeless people on the east side by name

And I also know the love in the community

Desperation is a hell of a thing… We are still better than looting TVs and electronics

There’s no reason for bullets to be firing during a blizzard

Of course not. And I am very happy that the looters are being apprehended. It's ridiculous to cause damage to stores for frivolous things. 

I just refuse to get caught up in it and think it's the end of the world. Conservatives have been talking about this nonstop and ignoring the wonderful stories of community togetherness and courage that are coming out of the blizzard. It's so frustrating. 

1 minute ago, aristocrat said:

One store closing already. Likely more on the way according to him. Thoughts?

I'll believe it when I see it. Hannah Buehler doesn't have the greatest track record of fair reporting. 

10 hours ago, Roundybout said:

I'll believe it when I see it. Hannah Buehler doesn't have the greatest track record of fair reporting. 

when you see it? lol what part of buffalo you in bud. you unaware of all the delapitated buildings that had good thriving buisnesses before crime and violence hit the neighborhood? when buisnesses pack up there isn't a rush of reinvestment. for some odd reason. people might not want to take the ones in operation for granted. meaning.. you might want to put info and attention out when they are ransacked so the community who depends on its employment service can come together to catch the jack azzes who would rather destroy it. 

its usually people with outside perspectives that don't rely on the buisness that brush it off as no big deal. of coarse they rather hear only heart warming stories or think in some weird dream those that do good are ignored for those that dont. they dont have to exist independently. keep your post in mind when your confused on why there is lack of investment and segments of our society are in never ending cycles of poverty when you think more money allocated is what is needed to turn it neighborhoods around.

Edited by Buffarukus

On 12/26/2022 at 10:49 AM, Roundybout said:

Who cares? They're still pulling dead bodies out of cars. 

I'm sure Rent-A-Center will be just fine. 

im pretty sure this owners cares. here is what he posted at the time. just to reiterate my point above.

Update !!! 4:45 pm
Street-Game clothing store attached to my restaurant is still being looted. 
I called the police for the 10th time. 
My restaurant finally boarded up. 

Update: 12:16 pm on Monday !!!

I’ve been at my restaurant since sunrise trying to clean up the carnage. 
I opened the door that attaches my business with Street Game and 

THEY ARE STILL STEALING RIGHT NOW OUT THE BACK DOOR LEADING TO RUSPIN AVE. 

I CALLED “E” DISTRICT AGAIN AND 911 again. 

What’s NOT being reported or talked about. I own the Louie's Texas Red Hots on Bailey Ave.  I’ve literally served the community on Bailey Ave personally for over 22 years. 
I’ve hired from the community, given to the community, and embraced the community. 
My Christmas Day was spent watching my security cameras covering my Restaurant Louie's Texas Red Hots and Street Gear, a sneaker and apparel store in the same building. 
What I witnessed was heart breaking and disgusting. I was repeatedly burglarized and vandalized. 

ill let him know that a segment of people who never owned a buisness or served a community think he will be fine. i mean its just time and money from his family on the holidays. he should take down the post. 12 people were arrested. case closed. don't point it out if it happens again. wouldn't want anyone to harp on it. 👍🏻🙄

Edited by Buffarukus
  • Thank you (+1) 2

7 hours ago, Roundybout said:

Of course not. And I am very happy that the looters are being apprehended. It's ridiculous to cause damage to stores for frivolous things. 

I just refuse to get caught up in it and think it's the end of the world. Conservatives have been talking about this nonstop and ignoring the wonderful stories of community togetherness and courage that are coming out of the blizzard. It's so frustrating. 

Apprehended ? Lol … no longer amounts to squat in NYS unfortunately. They’ll walk… Sadly that’s due to folks with your mindset.