NFL grants YouTube TV exclusive NFL Sunday Ticket rights in the US starting in 2023(deal worth $2B+)

Big Turk

2 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

I'm getting the same "verify your current playback area" on all my devices except the laptop I purchased

the student discount on.  I get all the games there and I'm using an HDMI cable into my smart tv.

Did you also have the student discount?

I'm trying to figure out why that's happening.

No student discount.  This is the most infuriating thing I’ve seen yet.

1 minute ago, oldmanfan said:

No student discount.  This is the most infuriating thing I’ve seen yet.

I can get the games on my laptop and tablet.

When I try to watch on the TV it gives the "location" thing.  Even when I try to cast it from my tablet.

If you have a smart tv that uses a google account (used by youtube) check to make sure it's the same

and you are logged in correctly.  That's all I got to try.

I'm going to google it because I'm positive we are not the only ones!

8 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

I can get the games on my laptop and tablet.

When I try to watch on the TV it gives the "location" thing.  Even when I try to cast it from my tablet.

If you have a smart tv that uses a google account (used by youtube) check to make sure it's the same

and you are logged in correctly.  That's all I got to try.

I'm going to google it because I'm positive we are not the only ones!

Same thing.  I can pull it up on my phone but not TV.  I wonder if my TV is too old.

Someone help me out.  Is you tube different than you tube tv?  On our TV (which is like 7 years old) we can go to things like Amazon TV, Netflix, and you tube.  I can pull up you tube videos on this TV as well as shows on the other services.  But today when we try to bring up the games it keeps asking to verify our location.  And we try to do that with no success.  I am able to watch games on my phone though.  So what is going on?

Edited by oldmanfan

17 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

I personally have had a great YTTV experience today. No glitches or issues, multiview is cool, it's pretty easy to switch to other teams. I previously had Hulu Live and had issues all the time so I'm happy.

Good especially 4 games at once. There was a couple freezes but pretty good.

35 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

Someone help me out.  Is you tube different than you tube tv?  On our TV (which is like 7 years old) we can go to things like Amazon TV, Netflix, and you tube.  I can pull up you tube videos on this TV as well as shows on the other services.  But today when we try to bring up the games it keeps asking to verify our location.  And we try to do that with no success.  I am able to watch games on my phone though.  So what is going on?

Yes, YouTube and YoutubeTV are 2 different apps.

If you don't use YTTV for streaming, and just signed for Sunday Ticket...then you should open YouTube app.  Then log in with your credentials and should see NFL live streaming.

6 minutes ago, MasterStrategist said:

Yes, YouTube and YoutubeTV are 2 different apps.

If you don't use YTTV for streaming, and just signed for Sunday Ticket...then you should open YouTube app.  Then log in with your credentials and should see NFL live streaming.

But when we do that it keeps asking us to verify our location.  We go to YouTube/location and it asks us to put in the email.  We do that then give the password and when we try to open the game it goes right back to the verify thing.

We think it may be that our TV is under one email address and the You Tube NFL package is under another?

1 minute ago, oldmanfan said:

But when we do that it keeps asking us to verify our location.  We go to YouTube/location and it asks us to put in the email.  We do that then give the password and when we try to open the game it goes right back to the verify thing.

We think it may be that our TV is under one email address and the You Tube NFL package is under another?

Your last comment is likely the issue.

I have mine setup, both smart TV and YouTube under same email account (it's on an android/Google system).  You might want to log out, at the home screen of your apps (log out of TV) and see if that works.

41 minutes ago, HurlyBurly51 said:

How do you get 4 games at once?  Do you select one of the many multi view options only?  Or can you go in and select any 4 games of your choosing?

There is a "multiview" button.  They select about 8 combinations of 4 games, which for the early slate doesn't cover them all.  And you can't pick what 4 teams you want.  Hopefully they either give every combination or allow you to choose.

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, JDubya76 said:

I have a Samsung smart TV but all I’m doing is pushing the down arrow to get to the description and you can access multiview, networks, stats, key plays, scores, fantasy and more.

We decided to try out the YYTV full package for live TV and HBO max as well. Compared to DIRECTV I believe we pay $82 for YouTube and then 15 for HBO Max. I’m totally digging not having a dish. Not to mention, I think my last DIRECTV bill was 240something, so liking the savings as well.

Ahh I am using the appletv app was gonna try the samnsugntv plus app another time.  Might be better navigation with remote

37 minutes ago, MasterStrategist said:

Your last comment is likely the issue.

I have mine setup, both smart TV and YouTube under same email account (it's on an android/Google system).  You might want to log out, at the home screen of your apps (log out of TV) and see if that works.

We changed to having the same email for each.  Still trying to figure it out

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.