Christmas storm could be “Paralyzing” for Buffalo

CountDorkula

32 minutes ago, BillsFan4 said:

Cheektowaga. We got slammed here. Yeah, snow blowing is rough. I can only do a few feet at a time and have to do it in layers. I have a metal rake/hoe and I’m using that to break up the snow before blowing it. So I break up what I can reach with the rake then blow it, rinse repeat.

Good luck! I’ll probably go out for another round later too. Like I said I’m not in a rush. It would be different if the streets were clear but I haven’t seen a hint of snow removal started yet. I think our neighborhood is lower down their priority list… lol

Good idea on the metal rake. The snow is clumped in ice blocks…wild. 

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, BillsFan4 said:

Cheektowaga. We got slammed here. Yeah, snow blowing is rough. I can only do a few feet at a time and have to do it in layers. I have a metal rake/hoe and I’m using that to break up the snow before blowing it. So I break up what I can reach with the rake then blow it, rinse repeat.

Good luck! I’ll probably go out for another round later too. Like I said I’m not in a rush. It would be different if the streets were clear but I haven’t seen a hint of snow removal started yet. I think our neighborhood is lower down their priority list… lol

I’m right at the airport basically and my street has been plowed

But like 1 little lane

Edited by Buffalo716
  • Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:

Not sure where you are. In Clarence, the drifts are making snow blowing impossible… as someone mentioned, we had high lifts down our streets yesterday but nothing since. I’m about 1/3 out of our driveway, and likely through the heaviest and biggest piles. Going back out for another round now.

I concur.

Last night seemed snowfall was not too bad.  This morning?  Holy schmoley! Drifts well over 3’ in the driveway. 3 foot at the apron from the street plowed overnight. I think it snowed over a foot last night.

Snowblowed about 2/3 of the driveway.  Enough for us to back out and get to the street and pull back in.

Edited by davefan66

4 hours ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:

8EAC4672-20BC-448E-BF5E-9F96FBDFFEBF.jpeg

I’ve seen this circulating. Has anyone confirmed this a legit photo? It looks older, there’s a lot of trees for that part of Transit. The vehicles and signs look older as well. I’m thinking it was a holdover from the Blizzard of 77. 

Edited by PetermansRedemption

My parents (Niagara County, near Lake Ontario) got lucky.  I *almost* trekked down from Maine on Thursday to ensure that two people in their 80s had enough food, and someone to clear the driveway.  They, being old school parents (I'm in my 50s now), were like, "***** that, stay home, enjoy Christmas with your wife, you both work too hard as it is."  Glad that they're okay, but my family in Buffalo and the surrounding areas?  Mixed bag, to put it mildly.

Hope that you all are well.

44 minutes ago, PetermansRedemption said:

I’ve seen this circulating. Has anyone confirmed this a legit photo? It looks older, there’s a lot of trees for that part of Transit. The vehicles and signs look older as well. I’m thinking it was a holdover from the Blizzard of 77. 

No idea 🤷‍♂️ 

57 minutes ago, PetermansRedemption said:

Absolutely crazy if it’s a legit photo! 

I think is from this morning.  We had some sun in the morning. It is a color photo. Alost all I have seen from '77 are black and white. Plus this is from a drone and they weren't around  then.  I think thesis from above the light at the McD's and Wegman's just north of Transit and Losson Rd /William. I see the Wendy's sign on the left which would be Lancaster. That is how it looks here.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Wacka said:

I think is from this morning.  We had some sun in the morning. It is a color photo. Alost all I have seen from '77 are black and white. Plus this is from a drone and they weren't around  then.  I think thesis from above the light at the McD's and Wegman's just north of Transit and Losson Rd /William. I see the Wendy's sign on the left which would be Lancaster. That is how it looks here.

I also noticed a Tim Hortons sign, and they didn’t enter Buffalo until 1984. So I think it must be legit! 

11 hours ago, PetermansRedemption said:

Those vehicles are a lot newer than 1977.  The cars would be huge boxy boats if they were made before the late 80s. And the semis didn't look like that back then. 

This looks exactly like my street right now. Bunch of cars stuck and a path through the middle of them. 

Edited by Not at the table Karlos

10 hours ago, Wacka said:

It was confirmed by NYSDOT on Facebook that this pic was taken on Sheridan Dr looking at Transit Rd Northbound. 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.