Christmas storm could be “Paralyzing” for Buffalo

CountDorkula

21 minutes ago, Not at the table Karlos said:

Yep. I walked right past my house a couple times when walking in it. The wind was blowing in my face and snow getting in my eyes. You had to keep your head down and look up every so often. With goggles and face coverings it was disorienting 

Even walking with wind at our back. We would hear something that sounded like a large truck driving up to us but it was just a gust with a ridiculous amount of snow in it. If you got caught in them just right it's just black with flashes of white. 

Had 4 feet the other day on my front lawn. Now all grass 

Wow!

God giveth,  God taketh. 

Maybe the almighty knows to get ready for rounds 3, 4, and 5. It's only the end of December.  All merciful for letting each round melt.  😉 

• Like (+1) 1

Was in college at UB back in 77.  The day BEFORE the blizzard, I had go up to Amherst for a Physics lab.Had a license but no car yet, so had to take the bus. Broadway Metro bus to Bailey  then up to the Main Street campus. From there a campus shuttle to Amherst. Was a shuttle bus, not the big ones they have now as about the only thing open on the Spine was the Physics dept, the  rest were built but not open yet.

The shuttle would circle the spine but the snow was deep enough that the bus let us off by Clemens hall (English  Dept) and we had th walk outside to the other end of the spine and  the Physics building.  Were bent over and trudged like Sherpas mountain climbing. 

Got to the lab and as soon as I walk in, they said anyone who had to go back to Main Street leave now as the busses would stop running in an hour.  The closest  buss stop was at the Governors dorms, now just a parking lot away.  But back in 77, that lot was fields.  Had to trudge through snow between knee and thigh deep and made it to the stop, Made it back  to Main Street. There met a friend from high sci]hool and his father was coming by car to pick him up and take him home to Cheektowaga. He gave me a rid the rest of the way home.  Had left home at 7 AM and made it back at 2 PM.  The next day, when the Blizzard hit, I was smart and stayed home.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.