Play of the year Nominee

djp14150

5 hours ago, skibum said:

I didn't have a chance to watch any games this weekend, so I am seeing this for the first time. It didn't occur to me until I watched it a second time that the score was tied when they did that! WOW. 

That's the worst part of it.  Maybe Myers thought the Pats were losing and needed a last-minute miracle.  But no, all they had to do was hold on and go to overtime.  The Pats had the momentum since they'd come back from a big Raiders lead. 

1 minute ago, WhoTom said:

"The Backfire"

OK, that's better than my submission.

2 hours ago, WhoTom said:

Damn - now I wish I would have watched that game.

I just happened to watch it live. I was about to put it back to the Cincy game. I laughed so hard and loud that the entire household including the dog came into the room. My wife wondered if I had lost it as I fist pumped the air in total joy!!

• Like (+1) 3

I can't help but feel bad for Meyers.  Seems like a good dude, and all players make mistakes.

But this was a wonderful thing to have happen for that coach, and that fanbase.  Yesterday was a pretty symbolic ending for the "Dynasty."  At least for this week, they're a laughingstock.  They're the Patsies again.

20 hours ago, Livinginthepast said:

Its somewhat similar to Mckelvins fumble vs the Pats that lost them the Monday night game as an unforced error. But it really is the Mt Everest of dumb plays! I dont think anything (even the Pisarcik fumble) cant touch it for stupidity and weirdness!

20 hours ago, Livinginthepast said:

Its somewhat similar to Mckelvins fumble vs the Pats that lost them the Monday night game as an unforced error. But it really is the Mt Everest of dumb plays! I dont think anything (even the Pisarcik fumble) cant touch it for stupidity and weirdness!

a fumble muffed punt happens tor ery retutner.

that stuff….there is no comparison

the Bellichuk play

3 hours ago, djp14150 said:

a fumble muffed punt happens tor ery retutner.

that stuff….there is no comparison

the Bellichuk play

I agree the Pats play is the worst ever. But the McKelvin play is similar for the Bills because of its complete stupidity and because its an unenforced error. McKelvin takes the ball in his own end zone and there is no reason to bring it out.  He then fights for extra yards instead of going down and loses the ball which gifts the greatest QB ever awesome field position to win the game easily.  Totally inexplicable and dumb decision and a completely unforced error.

On 12/18/2022 at 7:29 PM, Andy1 said:

Chandler Jones’s stiff arm on Mac is a thing of beauty. I could watch it all day.

Edelman: Oooh, Burrrrrn

I mean, at some point in his life, Jones has to have learned to tackle.  And in this case, he didn't need to stick it, he just needed to hang on and slow Jones up enough to send the game to OT

He's Right, you know:

https://www.bostonglobe.com/2022/12/22/sports/mac-jones-other-patriots-have-shown-surprising-lack-respect-their-coaches/

By all accounts, there were no orders from Bill Belichick or Matt Patricia to lateral the ball and try to create a scoring play. As the play unfolded, Patricia could be seen clapping and then raising his hands high, trying to get the players’ attention to stop the craziness and just end the play.

Whether it was premeditated or spur of the moment, the players came up with their own plan — a brazen lack of respect for the coaching staff. Since when do the Patriots go off-script and do things not instructed by Belichick and the coaches? Certainly not in the glory days.

When a team is 7-7 and fading out of the playoff picture, it’s understandable to see a little finger-pointing and blame-shifting. But whether the players truly believe in Patricia and their coaches, they are still the coaches, and players still should be mindful of showing more respect in public.

“It’s a team game and it always will be,” center David Andrews said Wednesday. “I think the minute you start trying to blame somebody, without taking a look at yourself, saying, ‘What I can do better?’ That’s a bad place to be as a human.”

Regarding the play where NE gave the win to the Raiders with their desperation lateraling for no reason...

How does anyone explain that?

The only thing I can think of is that at least the first guy who started to lateral thought they were losing on the scoreboard.

Other than that, there is no explanation for it.

3 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

How does anyone explain that?

The only thing I can think of is that at least the first guy who started to lateral thought they were losing on the scoreboard.

That is exactly it right there. If the Pats were losing this doesn't even matter. 

It clearly wasn't called from the sideline. Stevenson's lateral just triggered muscle memory for Meyers in that split second.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.