It’s gonna be cold in the Windy City next week….

bills6969

18 hours ago, Mojo44 said:

Interesting. Not that I doubted you at all but I went and googled why Chicago is called the Windy City. Of course you are quite right. And all these years I had that assumption that it was because it was really windy there all the time as in the weather. I learned something tonight.

It’s on the west side of the lake. Buffalo is on the east side of the lake, and hence far windier than Chicago.

Chicago forecast watches just issued

...WINTER STORM WATCH IN EFFECT FROM THURSDAY EVENING THROUGH LATE FRIDAY NIGHT... * WHAT...Blizzard conditions possible. Winds could gust as high as 55 mph. * WHERE...Portions of central, east central, north central and northeast Illinois and northwest Indiana. * WHEN...From Thursday evening through late Friday night. * IMPACTS...Falling and blowing snow may result in white out conditions with zero visibility at times, making travel extremely difficult, if not impossible. Power outages will also be possible as a result of strong damaging wind gusts to 55 mph. * ADDITIONAL DETAILS...Bitterly cold wind chills as low as 25 below zero are likely during the height of the storm. Wind chills of this magnitude can cause frostbite on exposed skin in as little as 30 minutes.

6 hours ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Expecting 3-5" here Friday & Saturday.  That's nothing. But hopefully wind and cold doesn't turn put it on steroids.

https://www.accuweather.com/en/winter-weather/chicago-could-get-a-pre-christmas-blizzard-as-major-snowstorm-unfolds-across-midwest/1387482/amp

You going to the game?  Curious to see how many Bills fans will be in attendance for this one

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.