Week 15: Dolphins at Bills on Saturday Night Football

YoloinOhio

19 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

Another Matt Milano is awesome stat...

And surprisingly Taron Johnson has been one of the best at this as well for CB's.

No surprise Dane Jackson has been among the worst among all CB's:

I said it last week in the Dane vs Isaiah thread, what bothers me the most and what is most troublesome for the Bills D, are his missed tackles! Just confirmation of the eye test. 

2 minutes ago, HeHateMe said:

Has Dane Jackson really performed better than Elam??

Dane knows what he's supposed to be doing all the time. That's valued more highly in Mc'ds system over talent. See James Cook who missed a blovking assignment on the Diggs screen and then was put on the bench most or all the rest of the game.

It seems they either draft a lot of dummies, or they aren't very effective at teaching young players the scheme.

• Agree 1

51 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

I'm not sure where I have gone wrong as a father...my 11 year old daughter just told me that her biggest Christmas wish is that the Bills lose to the Patriots Week 17 and they miss the playoffs.  Do I have the right to disown her?? 😂

I think you may need to have a chat with your wife as well.... j/k :) 

54 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

I'm not sure where I have gone wrong as a father...my 11 year old daughter just told me that her biggest Christmas wish is that the Bills lose to the Patriots Week 17 and they miss the playoffs.  Do I have the right to disown her?? 😂

Someone call Children’s Services. Now!

26 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

Another Matt Milano is awesome stat...

And surprisingly Taron Johnson has been one of the best at this as well for CB's.

No surprise Dane Jackson has been among the worst among all CB's:

I am surprised at how much Dane Jackson has struggled this year and the stats bear that out, I’m guessing he leads the league in the latest one to turn and look for ball stat as well. Hopefully it clicks soon, but hope Elam gets back in the field asap!

1 hour ago, Nineforty said:

And if you take it a step further (pun unintended), someone (my brain initially) will say, "yeah but once the receiver sticks his foot in ground to cut, the defender will have to react and because of the snow, his reaction and time it takes to cut/accelerate will be slower than usual."

To which I reply, wouldn't the receivers' cut be slower than usual as well (and what if the receiver slips due to surface? Advantage defense.)

Is this just something everyone has said for so long? Or is there a valid counterpoint?

I think separation stats would answer this. They are a bit subjective but compare snow games to other games played by the same team that season. That would be a good indication if the offense is getting a separation advantage. I don’t have access to the stats

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, BRH said:

But but I was told by some stats geek at the Athletic that he's 22nd against the blitz or something.

Bills also have an absurd conversion rate on 3rd and 10+ of like 40%...which is higher than like 15 teams normal 3rd down conversion rate

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Big Turk said:

Bills also have an absurd conversion rate on 3rd and 10+ of like 40%...which is higher than like 15 teams normal 3rd down conversion rate

Yeah but what's our opponents' conversion rate on 3rd and 10+?

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, BRH said:

He'll have a "back injury" that magically heals.

Please, BRH.  Snow is very soft.

Like a cozy, big, puffy blanket!

We all know it is the sting of the snow getting smacked in his face as he goes down that is going to be the issue.

😁

Edited by dollars 2 donuts

The Frenchman et all will dine on sushi 🍣 🍱

Tua will need an “Ambulance” also French…, 

GO BILLS!!!

• Like (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, BRH said:

But but I was told by some stats geek at the Athletic that he's 22nd against the blitz or something.

Not clue what his numbers are vs the blitz…..but being “under pressure” and “against the blitz” are two completely different things. The opposing D could send 1 pass rusher and sit back 10 in coverage, as long as that pass rusher is against Spencer Brown, Josh will be under pressure.  

22 minutes ago, BRH said:

Yeah but what's our opponents' conversion rate on 3rd and 10+?

That’s a great question and it seems to be our Achilles heel this year.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.