NFL Week #14 - Jets at Bills - Post game thread

BuffaloBill

The AfterGlow

1.  Weather was not an issue in the stands..  So much fun.

2. The 4th down Offside was an enormous play in this game.

3. White took a pounding..

4. Tre not quite up to it yet.. His coverage was loose.  His tackling looked okay.

5.  Some monster sacks for both teams in this one.

6.  2-0 turnovers  was really what separated both teams

7.  From my angle I could not tell if the drops were bad throws or bad drops

8. Jets LBs are fast.  They close to the ball really well.

9. 10-3 baby

10. Beautiful TD to Knox... 

11.  The 1st down play to Knox almost worked.  Mosely had good coverage.

Edited by wjag
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Slack_in_MA said:

You're drunk too. Is it possible the result of those two drives was execution, not play calling? By advocating that they can the guy right now, your credibility is crap. Big picture...

Yes it is. You don’t need a long pass play. Just run it up the gut where Williams used to be and force them to call time outs.

1 hour ago, PromoTheRobot said:

So I guess I should have a rabbit's foot for luck now? What happened to our dominant football team?

Cheer up Promo. You are not far off, but the Bills did manage to pull out the win.

The loss of Daboll cannot be just swept under the carpet. He was a good coach. 

Drove me nuts sometimes, but was able to find a way to get a lot of weapons involved on offense and get points on the board.  He has not done too shabby with the NYG in his first season to help right that ship.

Winning has brought its own challenges and losing coaches and FO personnel is going to be part of that equation.

Also, every team brings their "A" game against the Bills. Winning programs like ours are considered a benchmark for teams to measure themselves. 

1 minute ago, WideNine said:

Cheer up Promo. You are not far off, but the Bills did manage to pull out the win.

The loss of Daboll cannot be just swept under the carpet. He was a good coach. 

Drove me nuts sometimes, but was able to find a way to get a lot of weapons involved on offense and get points on the board.  He has not done too shabby with the NYG in his first season to help right that ship.

Winning has brought its own challenges and losing coaches and FO personnel is going to be part of that equation.

Also, every team brings their "A" game against the Bills. Winning programs like ours are considered a benchmark for teams to measure themselves. 

Loss of Beasley.

3 minutes ago, Roundybout said:

Yes it is. You don’t need a long pass play. Just run it up the gut where Williams used to be and force them to call time outs.

If Josh leads Knox a little more on that pass... If Cook doesn't miss the block on the screen to Diggs... you'd have been high-fiving your dog. It's OK, you can admit. Even Josh said they need to do a better job finishing. I'll admit that I'm concerned with our ability to run the ball when we need to (except for Josh...)

Just now, JohninMinn. said:

Loss of Beasley.

I won't get drawn into a Beasley-specific discussion, BUT I would agree that this offense hums when it has a true posession slot WR.

I think Crowder was just starting to come along when the injury bug hit again and left us with no great options for the slot.

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, WideNine said:

I won't get drawn into a Beasley-specific discussion, BUT I would agree that this offense hums when it has a true posession slot WR.

I think Crowder was just starting to come along when the injury bug hit again and left us with no great options for the slot.

This x 1000

14 minutes ago, finn said:

See the last line in my post. Allen throws the ball into the hands of his receivers and sometimes they even catch it. If not, Allen runs the ball and, at times, Singletary and Cook also pick up yards. I would say that sometimes Saffold and Brown pick up their assignments, allowing Allen to take his time in the pocket, but I don't want to exaggerate.

No one but Chris Simms and the NFL Films guy seems to be seeing the obvious: Except for Allen and Diggs, this offense is mediocre from top to bottom. 

Let me put it another way. Say you put an truly incredible player--maybe the best overall player the league has ever seen--in an offense with just one blue-chip player. How would you say that would work out. Answer: the 2022 Bills. 

The drops were bad today but you are getting a little overly excited.   This was going to be a tough game.  The jets are physical and play hard. The weather was an equalizer. Division games can be tough to win. Sometimes you have to just be happy to get the win and be 10-3 and in the one seed.  Other teams struggle at times too.  See the forest through the trees. 

5 minutes ago, Slack_in_MA said:

If Josh leads Knox a little more on that pass... If Cook doesn't miss the block on the screen to Diggs... you'd have been high-fiving your dog. It's OK, you can admit. Even Josh said they need to do a better job finishing. I'll admit that I'm concerned with our ability to run the ball when we need to (except for Josh...)

Do you think the offense that Dorsey called on the last two drives is good enough to hang with the Dolphins or Chiefs?

15 minutes ago, ArtVandalay said:

I'm sorry but have the Chiefs been in a rut for 6.5 weeks? This team has. 

We have issues we need to iron out, that's not ground breaking unless you got you're head in the sand. 

Chiefs lost last week and have already given up 28 points to the pathetic Broncos offense this week.  Meanwhile we're on 4 straight wins.  So who's in a rut?

1 minute ago, Green Lightning said:

Well how about a few 1st downs instead of multiple 3 and outs to close out a game? Terrible and predictable play calls. Great win but unnecessary drama. We have to learn to close these games out.

Anyone who doesn’t see offensive playcalling as the top concern going forward is not paying attention. This is becoming a trend.

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.