Tre White will be make a huge difference this week.

TC in St. Louis

On 12/8/2022 at 3:11 PM, clearwater cadet said:

I feel like Edmunds is the key, I never really appricated him till he was out,  unless im mistaken he did miss the 2nd half of the jets game which really seemed to help the jets offense.  The defense seemed lost without him until he return last week.

Edmunds played 100% of snaps.  He was injured 1st half of Vikings.

It was probably Rousseau you were thinking about as he was injured after 14 snaps into jets game.  He’s pretty stout vs the run, so losing him hurt.

On 12/8/2022 at 9:48 AM, Buffalo_Stampede said:

He will but we don’t shadow WRs. We didn’t have White, Poyer, or Rhodes playing. Milano was also out but he may miss this one as well.

Just having those veterans in the defensive backfield still make a huge difference.

White has shadowed WRs on several occasions. I don’t know if he will here or if that’s the plan right now post-injury 

Edited by YoloinOhio

Once Frazier figured out that Klein is not Milano and adjusted to Klein's limitations, Klein became productive in this defense.  There is a drop off, but it is more manageable now.  Having Poyer over Johnson is huge, as is the return of Tre White.  

Really, both teams are quite different from what they were when the Jets last beat buffalo.  Buffalo is without Miller and Jordan Phillips on defense, but I think on balance, they have a little more on defense than they had before.  

The Jets of course, have Mike white starting at QB rather than Zach Wilson.  Generally speaking, Mike White seems to be smarter than Wilson, but has far less in the way of natural physical gifts.  The thing is, I think Zach Wilson played just about his best game against Buffalo.  I don't know that White can improve on what White did.  The weather on Sunday is going to be less than ideal.  Both teams will have trouble trying to throw the ball deep.  It's going to come down to which team does a better job of sustaining long drives, and which defense can force the most mistakes.  I'm a homer, but I don't care.  I think Buffalo wins a tough game.

14 hours ago, Breakout Squad said:

How about the angle Hamlin took on the Patriots touchdown. I couldn’t believe how bad it was. 

Yeah...he has been a lot better lately but that wasn't one of his finest moments...he literally blocked himself and ran into the blocker who was kinda just standing there.

1 hour ago, Tulsabillsfanz said:

Wilson was getting open on every route vs White.  I was glad he didn’t get more targets. I don’t know if White was tentative, rusty or still not 100% physically.  Wilson was the 10th pick in the draft & he looks like a good pick. 

A year after the surgery. 

The team knowingly puts him out there at less than 100%. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.