Your Top 3 Favorite Xmas Movies of All Time

EmotionallyUnstable

9 hours ago, qwksilver said:

Christmas Carol (Alastair Sim Version black and White) I catch it every year at least once and it's not easy to find.

Christmas Vacation

Christmas Story

As a kid I LOVED "Emmet Otter's Jug Band Christmas" If you are unfamiliar and have kids under 8 do yourself and them a favor. It's a muppet production from the 1970's

I just watched this with my wife last night, as we own the DVD and watch it every years as we grew up with it as we're in our 40s. 

Christmas Story

Christmas Vacation 

Emmet Otter's Jug Band Christmas.

Honorable mentions; How the Grinch Stole Christmas (animated original) and Love Actually. 

• Like (+1) 1

a top 3 list  is so limiting. If  allowable I would add 

Scrooged

The Grinch who stole Christmas original version 1966

The Nightmare before Christmas.

A Christmas Carol Patrick Stewart version was brilliant too

Edited by muppy

It's A Wonderful Life

A Christmas Story

Die Hard (hell yes it's a Xmas movie!)

Honorable Mention:

Home Alone

Polar Express

Elf

Hallmark Xmas movies(can't pick one...all are kinda the same...random person comes to town for Xmas, meets a person who lives there, falls in love, has a significant other that they end up breaking up with to be with them, has to move away/break up due to xxx, realizes the person is the love of their life and moves back to be with them, gets married, ends happily ever after...I'm such a sucker for them tho, can't stop watching them 😂)

Wonderful life;

Joyeux Noel;

A Christmas Carol...pick em on who plays Scrooge.

Christmas Vacation;

Charlie Brown;

Pee Wee Christmas

Look at that cavalcade of late 80's A and B list celebrities who pop into the Playhouse for holiday greetings

11 hours ago, shrader said:

Die Hard

Gremlins

and then I guess Christmas Vacation

Man....your two favorites were BOTH summer movies? I know they are based around Xmas but for people who saw them in the theatre it's hard to not remember them as a summer escape from the heat.    I literally remember the day going to each of those movies.     Gremlins was hyped and we went to the theatre specifically to see it but Die Hard had zero publicity and we had just gone to the theatre to get out of the heat and figured it was going to be horrible.

19 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

Love, Actually is great. But new?! Where have you been the last 20 years? 

Dude, I KNOW!!!  I'd never even heard of it until about a week ago.  SO glad I watched it.  Cried like a baby!!!

• Like (+1) 1

A Christmas Story

Christmas Vacation

Elf

I'm also a fan of the Xmas slasher movies and Bob Clark who directed "A Christmas Story" actually also directed "Black Christmas"......the original one of the genre.....in the 70's. :devil:

I think "You Better Watch Out" with Fiona Apple's crazy dad as the deranged Santa is my favorite of those movies though.    

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.