Marquez Stevenson Released (update 12/10 - signed to Bills PS)

Dick_Cheney

23 hours ago, The Jokeman said:

Teams that would be interested in Stevenson might go after a more proven guy like Jaelon Darden who got cut from Tampa. 

It's 10:30 in NYC now, so I'm kinda thinking if someone claimed Stevenson on Waivers yesterday it woulda been reported by now.

I expect the Bills to re-sign him to the practice squad, but the coaches probably want to talk about which PS player to release and then talk to that player first, especially given they may want to change things up after yesterday's Von Miller news

5 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

Oh, wow, here we go:

I wonder if Stevenson was not claimed on waivers, but is off taking a physical for another team for a PS slot.

Maybe he doesn't feel he has a legit shot here, and is looking to see if there's a team where he has a better chance to get on the field?

They should still have an open slot after signing Brewer to the active roster.  That said, I thought something would have been done by now with Stevenson.

Edit - just checked the NFL transactions page and it lists Stevenson as having been waived on 12/7, not 12/6 when the Bills announced it.  If that is accurate, he is available to claim until 4:00 PM today.

Edited by FLFan

14 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

Someone will take a chance on him

Robert Foster got 3 years and 2 teams

”Can’t Coach Speed”

Yeah he’ll likely end up on a practice squad but the Bills have given up on him. I just don’t see him making it in the league.

• Disagree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

On 12/6/2022 at 4:33 PM, Royale with Cheese said:

Yep.  Stefon Diggs, Cole Beasley and John Brown did nothing here.  I can't believe Stefon Diggs is still on the team.

Not to Create an issue but you did see he qualified his statement saying Beane didn’t DRAFT wrs well Vs hiw he did with Free agents  which you just helped in proving his point.  I just started reading the thread , so don’t mean to pile on as I’m sure lots of cynical people were more than happy to get a shot at you ! Lol!  

Jk as I have taken plenty of shots , the latest in the shout box I guess was perhaps directed at me, ( amazing how ballsy someone is at a keyboard esp never having met in real life) as apparently I made the “ mistake” of re- entering 3-4 hours after a Bills marginal win required a nap, lol, and I just said I hoped the vikes won against their opponent as it helped the bills , and I found out I supposedly was too critical , and  the prick in an allegorical story and “ had no life outside of the Bills “ !  I appreciated this thoughtful coward  teaching me how sad that persons childhood must have been as it didn’t even closely  apply to any real thing in my life and was from one who devotes many hours to this type of site I am hoping  as a hobby?  Haha!  That site has deteriorated dramatically in treating people civilly as fellow Bills fans over the years!  

BTW,  I’ve always enjoyed your thoughts here. I did think this poster qualified things tho and if I misunderstood your post , please forgive me!   I do think our wr drafts have been pretty average so far , tho Davis / knox have been improving, shakir is a question, hodgkins

having some success elsewhere.  The FA acquisitions have been very good tho. 

IMO, its been a somewhat weird  season as despite all the success record wise, I have found it less enjoyable as great guys like Hyde , poyer, white,Phillips, Morse,  now Miller have had some significant  injuries and missed time ,  and for me being a fan / follower entails enjoying quality of the players as well as team building, and looking ahead.    I would not enjoy mimicking the mercenary Rams with their sole Lombardi, which may be the last they sniff for many years as they just keep changing the lineup almost hourly! Waited this long, if not this year, maybe we get 99% healthy with our own guys next year.    Happy holidays btw!!🎄
     I don’t see obj as a savior for this year , but might enjoy him if he actually planned on being here a few years as the one & done thing doesn’t remind me of the joy surrounding the run of the 90’s teams!😊🍸 That’s why millers injury is more bothersome as it not only hurts this year but a large part of next season , or possibly more given his age. 

5 hours ago, Process said:

Barkley took his number, so I guess he's not coming back? Or if Barkley took advantage of a procedural move and stole his number while he was off the team for 5 minutes, that would be pretty hilarious.

Either way, that's a veteran move right there, Matt Barkley.

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

This Take Aged Well.

He doesn’t even shine in preseason, has shown terrible instincts in the opportunities he has gotten and doesn’t play as fast as you’d think given his 40 time. Add in his inability to stay healthy and all of it adds up to a guy who won’t ever be productive in this league.

HOWEVER, he makes for a decent scout team guy so I guess worth a PS spot.

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, StHustle said:

He doesn’t even shine in preseason, has shown terrible instincts in the opportunities he has gotten and doesn’t play as fast as you’d think given his 40 time. Add in his inability to stay healthy and all of it adds up to a guy who won’t ever be productive in this league.

HOWEVER, he makes for a decent scout team guy so I guess worth a PS spot.

You mean, other than the KO return for a TD?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.