“Lapping the Field” Sunday

SoCal Deek

Even if Miami loses this Sunday, if they beat the Bills later on, they still win the division.  Even if Miami wins this Sunday, if the Bills beat them, the Bills win the division.  

Assuming both teams win out otherwise.

So this week's Miami game isn't as critical as the KC-Cincinnati game, which is probably the Bill's last best hope for getting home field through the playoffs.

2 hours ago, Utah John said:

Even if Miami loses this Sunday, if they beat the Bills later on, they still win the division.  Even if Miami wins this Sunday, if the Bills beat them, the Bills win the division.  

Assuming both teams win out otherwise.

So this week's Miami game isn't as critical as the KC-Cincinnati game, which is probably the Bill's last best hope for getting home field through the playoffs.

All of that is of course true but remember the season doesn’t end on Sunday. We want these teams to pile up losses everywhere they can get them. You never know what’s going to happen or what tiebreakers are going to come into play down the road. 

• Agree 1

5 hours ago, PatsFanNH said:

100% question will your O line be healthy for the Jets game? They have an amazing pass rush and a very good secondary… their weakness is a meh to god awful O. 

the truth is 3 of the next 4 games will be rather tough games for the Bills.. and the 1 lay up could be hard if their starting QB is back.  So hardly an easy run for the Bills. 

I’ve got the same evaluation for the jets game as I had pre pats game lol…if edmunds and Milano play the jets won’t win…barring mike white being a hidden gem of course.  Jets just went after the bills depth linebackers all game last game.  They would not have cracked double digits if edmunds and poyer played. 

bills won’t be firing on all cylinders on offense if Dawkins/quessenberry are out but they should win comfortably 

Miami is honestly not a bad matchup for us…unless they have really sorted their defense out which may or may not be the case.  It took the bills being down 5 offensive linemen for them to generate any kind of pressure last game.  They’ve also lost armstead for several weeks minimum which is a huge loss 

The bills had a really quirky schedule…lots of injuries early and the three road division games came before any home division games.  I’d be pretty surprised if they don’t finish 2-1 or better in their last 3 division games 

it’s possible the dolphins have just been buoyed by a stretch of pretty easy games and they lose two or three down the stretch.  Or they could be the dominant team people think they might be.  Should be a fun finish 

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan

52 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Miami's remaining schedule isn't all that tough...after Sunday away at the 49ers.

LA Chargers (A)

Buffalo (A)...this one of course

Green Bay (H)

New England (A)

NY Jets (H)

But....on any given Sunday

Outside of Buffalo I don’t see a potential loss in that group.. unless Miami totally implodes. 

1 hour ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

I’ve got the same evaluation for the jets game as I had pre pats game lol…if edmunds and Milano play the jets won’t win…barring mike white being a hidden gem of course.  Jets just went after the bills depth linebackers all game last game.  They would not have cracked double digits if edmunds and poyer played. 

bills won’t be firing on all cylinders on offense if Dawkins/quessenberry are out but they should win comfortably 

Miami is honestly not a bad matchup for us…unless they have really sorted their defense out which may or may not be the case.  It took the bills being down 5 offensive linemen for them to generate any kind of pressure last game.  They’ve also lost armstead for several weeks minimum which is a huge loss 

The bills had a really quirky schedule…lots of injuries early and the three road division games came before any home division games.  I’d be pretty surprised if they don’t finish 2-1 or better in their last 3 division games 

it’s possible the dolphins have just been buoyed by a stretch of pretty easy games and they lose two or three down the stretch.  Or they could be the dominant team people think they might be.  Should be a fun finish 

I think the Jets game could be difficult. Specially if your O line is hurting. Their pass rush is better than NE and well the Pats were living in the backfield all night.  Yes I know Allen can make plays on the run but their secondary is also LIGHT YEARS better than NE.  This game IMO will be won or lost by Buffalos D because the Jets O is not as good as NE, that or they are still hexed by BB. Lol

• Eyeroll 1

28 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

Outside of Buffalo I don’t see a potential loss in that group.. unless Miami totally implodes. 

Really you don't see a potential loss in that group? I don't think it's far-fetched to come up with a scenario where they lose three of those five. I'm not saying it's likely, I would say 3-2 is most likely, but I'm not sold on Miami to the point that them going 4-1 in the last 5 is a given.

• Agree 5

51 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

I think the Jets game could be difficult. Specially if your O line is hurting. Their pass rush is better than NE and well the Pats were living in the backfield all night.  Yes I know Allen can make plays on the run but their secondary is also LIGHT YEARS better than NE.  This game IMO will be won or lost by Buffalos D because the Jets O is not as good as NE, that or they are still hexed by BB. Lol

I definitely don’t disagree with what you’re saying are the strengths of the jets…but the bills defense without scrubs starting at lb/in the secondary is getting downplayed pretty hard in your assessment imo. We got quite a few big time defensive players back for the NE game.  

bills will probably win it in similar fashion to the pats game score wise…I’m expecting low 20s to low 10s. 

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan

I said a few weeks ago in a different thread (perhaps after the Jets game, cant really remember) that by the end of week 13 the Bills would be the number 1 seed in the AFC again.  We just needed to take care of business with our schedule.

Granted, I thought the Chiefs were going to lose the game to the Chargers for that to happen and I thought the Fins would be riding into SF as the number 1 seed, rife for a reality check.  But the end result will be the same.

Go Bengals

LFG 49ers. 

14 hours ago, SoCal Deek said:

With the Bills having taken care of their own business last night, we turn our attention to the rest of the AFC contenders, all of whom play on Sunday this week. I don’t recall a weekend where the schedule lines up quite as nicely as it does for the Bills…at least on paper anyway. All of the contenders (with the exception of Baltimore) are playing difficult road games. All are underdogs except the Chiefs who are barely favored in Cincinnati. 

Jets at Vikings

Titans at Eagles

Dolphins at 49ers

Chiefs at Bengals

Chargers at Raiders

Could the Bills ‘lap the field’? Let’s hope so! 

The interesting part is that the teams that we want to lose are ALL on the road and playing tough teams.  A win for them is not a given.  All of them except the Chargers could lose on Sunday.

4 hours ago, inaugural balls said:

There's 2 losses in there somewhere

The Dolphins are playing THREE straight road games with two WC road trips before they come to Orchard park.  I think the two losses might be right there in this 3-game road trip.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

On 12/2/2022 at 9:13 AM, SoCal Deek said:

With the Bills having taken care of their own business last night, we turn our attention to the rest of the AFC contenders, all of whom play on Sunday this week. I don’t recall a weekend where the schedule lines up quite as nicely as it does for the Bills…at least on paper anyway. All of the contenders (with the exception of Baltimore) are playing difficult road games. All are underdogs except the Chiefs who are barely favored in Cincinnati. 

Jets at Vikings

Titans at Eagles

Dolphins at 49ers

Chiefs at Bengals

Chargers at Raiders

Boom! Exactly. Can’t ask for better than that except for maybe the Ravens over the stupid Broncos.

Its really rare that you get that kind of opportunity to lap the field in the NFL….but the schedule Gods smiled on WNY today.

Go Bills! 

• Like (+1) 1

On 12/2/2022 at 12:13 PM, SoCal Deek said:

Jets at Vikings

Titans at Eagles

Dolphins at 49ers

Chiefs at Bengals

Chargers at Raiders

turns out you were quite prophetic 

• Thank you (+1) 2

On 12/2/2022 at 8:03 PM, PatsFanNH said:

I can't believe I am telling you this but that Pats* Miami game is not gonna be a walk in the park in Foxboro with the weather. Then the Jets will likely want to smash them in week 18, but I do agree that Miami should be favored each week.

On 12/2/2022 at 12:13 PM, SoCal Deek said:

Jets at Vikings

Titans at Eagles

Dolphins at 49ers

Chiefs at Bengals

Chargers at Raiders

Wild that all 5 lost

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

58 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Boom! Exactly. Can’t ask for better than that except for maybe the Ravens over the stupid Broncos.

Its really rare that you get that kind of opportunity to lap the field in the NFL….but the schedule Gods smiled on WNY today.

Go Bills! 

Stupid, stupid Broncos. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, SoCal Deek said:

Go Bills! 

This was nirvana for a NFL regular season week, everything went our way. I'm not used to that, but I'm open to more of the same going forward. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.