“Lapping the Field” Sunday

SoCal Deek

With the Bills having taken care of their own business last night, we turn our attention to the rest of the AFC contenders, all of whom play on Sunday this week. I don’t recall a weekend where the schedule lines up quite as nicely as it does for the Bills…at least on paper anyway. All of the contenders (with the exception of Baltimore) are playing difficult road games. All are underdogs except the Chiefs who are barely favored in Cincinnati. 

Jets at Vikings

Titans at Eagles

Dolphins at 49ers

Chiefs at Bengals

Chargers at Raiders

Could the Bills ‘lap the field’? Let’s hope so! 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 3

14 minutes ago, Bob in STL said:

I am hoping the 49er's and Bengals can come up big.    It will be fun to watch and not stress about the Bills, they are getting well-earned rest.  

Whatever happens we have to win our games, one at a time.  

We surely need to win, but it gets way way easier if others also lose. 

• Agree 2

Odds would say Chiefs won’t go 15-2, but if they don’t lose to the Bengals, I’m not sure where that L comes from. 

Would be nice, after everything this team has dealt with, to go into the final stretch in control of their post-season positioning.  

• Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

With the Bills having taken care of their own business last night, we turn our attention to the rest of the AFC contenders, all of whom play on Sunday this week. I don’t recall a weekend where the schedule lines up quite as nicely as it does for the Bills…at least on paper anyway. All of the contenders (with the exception of Baltimore) are playing difficult road games. All are underdogs except the Chiefs who are barely favored in Cincinnati. 

Jets at Vikings

Titans at Eagles

Dolphins at 49ers

Chiefs at Bengals

Chargers at Raiders

That's pretty amazing, that all the teams the Bills care about have tough games on the road.  

We can probably expect that two games will go our way, and three's possible.  Four would be great.  Only an idiot would bet on a five-game parlay.   Of course, I might fall into the idiot category.  

• Shocked 1
  • Haha (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, Bob in STL said:

I am hoping the 49er's and Bengals can come up big.    It will be fun to watch and not stress about the Bills, they are getting well-earned rest.  

Whatever happens we have to win our games, one at a time.  

100% question will your O line be healthy for the Jets game? They have an amazing pass rush and a very good secondary… their weakness is a meh to god awful O. 

the truth is 3 of the next 4 games will be rather tough games for the Bills.. and the 1 lay up could be hard if their starting QB is back.  So hardly an easy run for the Bills. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

100% question will your O line be healthy for the Jets game? They have an amazing pass rush and a very good secondary… their weakness is a meh to god awful O. 

the truth is 3 of the next 4 games will be rather tough games for the Bills.. and the 1 lay up could be hard if their starting QB is back.  So hardly an easy run for the Bills. 

I don't think it will be easy for the Bills.

I do think that they are in a good position to win their remaining games, because they have many players back from injury.

• Like (+1) 1

We have to beat Miami regardless - can’t go 0-2 against them but yes every loss will be nice.  

Going to need to beat a potentially only 4 loss team in Cincinnati at the end of the season to if a tiebreaker with them is necessary.   

We control our own destiny.  Well our training staff does anyway.   

22 minutes ago, Shaw66 said:

That's pretty amazing, that all the teams the Bills care about have tough games on the road.  

We can probably expect that two games will go our way, and three's possible.  Four would be great.  Only an idiot would bet on a five-game parlay.   Of course, I might fall into the idiot category.  

It is indeed. I’ve been so focused on the last few Bills games I guess I didn’t notice how this Sunday lines up. I’ll be watching with very little stress. 

Do we want the jets to lose or would we rather they win and put more talented teams on the hot seat? They arent a threat to our postseason unless we lose. Same with the titans.

I'm FAR more worried about the dolphins and even how we match up against the chargers.

Edited by BullBuchanan

2 hours ago, SoCal Deek said:

Jets at Vikings

Titans at Eagles

Dolphins at 49ers

Chiefs at Bengals

Chargers at Raiders

I'm trying to figure out what this game is doing here.

1 hour ago, SageAgainstTheMachine said:

I don't think of the Chargers and Titans as very consequential but why do you want the Jets to win?

Likely to reduce their chances of getting a good draft pick in 2023.

As long as Bills beat them and win our games it is to our advantage that they be competitive and make games tougher for other teams they play.

Once teams are out of playoffs they the foot off the pedal and tell players who are going to get surgery during off season to get it earlier.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.