Alexa Is Pissing Me Off

Gugny

I've always enjoyed the convenience of asking Alexa to play an entire album when the mood strikes me.

Like many of you, I'm sure, there are certain (lots of them) albums that I enjoy in their entirety and in the original track order.

The other night, I was in the mood for the White Album.  So I politely said, "Alexa ... play the White Album by the Beatles."

The little B word responds with, "shuffling songs from the Beatles White Album with similar songs."

ARE YOU ***** KIDDING ME?!?!

Trying to turn shuffle off does not work.  I've looked into it and it looks like there is NO solution to this.  In the end, I just pulled up the White Album on You Tube on my tablet and connected to Alexa via bluetooth.  But that is NOT convenient.

Anyone have a permanent fix to this bullsh*t?

1 hour ago, Wacka said:

Buy the CD and throw out Alexa. It's always ;isteni g.

I have the CD and I know Alexa, my tablet and my phone are always listening.  Other than likely being on one of the FBI's lists, I don't care about devices listening to me.

I've been streaming music with "Tidal hi-fi" for a couple years now and absolutely love it.  (Some of their "Master quality MQA" files are amazing on a good sound system.

Forget about Spotify and all the other low quality streaming services.  You only live once... enjoy quality music!

https://tidal.com/

5 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

Use Pandora you cheap bastard. 

EDIT:  So we can say bastard but not B word??

Sort of sexist I agree.

The same thing happens with Google search so not surprised. 

In fact there are complaints about something similar with Ivona in Polish forums which Alexa is based on.

9 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

Sort of sexist I agree.

The same thing happens with Google search so not surprised. 

In fact there are complaints about something similar with Ivona in Polish forums which Alexa is based on.

People are surprised that Polish Alexa leans far more toward artificial than intelligence?

1 hour ago, Gugny said:

The other night, I was in the mood for the White Album.  So I politely said, "Alexa ... play the White Album by the Beatles."

The little B word responds with, "shuffling songs from the Beatles White Album with similar songs."

You would have preferred to hear "I'm sorry Gugny... I'm afraid I can't do that."?

2 hours ago, Limeaid said:

Sort of sexist I agree.

Not really.

"Bastard" refers to males or females born outside of marriage, although today it's mostly applied to males.

"B word" refers to a female dog but is more commonly applied almost exclusively to women.

1 minute ago, SoTier said:

Not really.

"Bastard" refers to males or females born outside of marriage, although today it's mostly applied to males.

"B word" refers to a female dog but is more commonly applied almost exclusively to women.

I have always used Bastard in reference to my father who was not born outside of marriage.

• Haha (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Gugny said:

I've always enjoyed the convenience of asking Alexa to play an entire album when the mood strikes me.

Like many of you, I'm sure, there are certain (lots of them) albums that I enjoy in their entirety and in the original track order.

ARE YOU ***** KIDDING ME?!?!

Trying to turn shuffle off does not work.  I've looked into it and it looks like there is NO solution to this.  In the end, I just pulled up the White Album on You Tube on my tablet and connected to Alexa via bluetooth.  But that is NOT convenient.

Anyone have a permanent fix to this bullsh*t?

totally agree. I think this is some new Alexa feature and it is the worst. Best part of Alexa before was ordering her to play specific songs and albums. 

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

totally agree. I think this is some new Alexa feature and it is the worst. Best part of Alexa before was ordering her to play specific songs and albums. 

Amazon changed their music app. They stated that they added music. But they ALSO no longer allow you to play songs,  or albums or Playlist without shuffling and them adding songs. In addition you no longer have unlimited skips or the ability to fast forward or rewind.  In order to do this you now have to sign up for Amazon music UNLIMITED  which is an extra 8.99 a month. It's shameful, like they need any more money.

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, JMM said:

Amazon changed their music app. They stated that they added music. But they ALSO no longer allow you to play songs,  or albums or Playlist without shuffling and them adding songs. In addition you no longer have unlimited skips or the ability to fast forward or rewind.  In order to do this you now have to sign up for Amazon music UNLIMITED  which is an extra 8.99 a month. It's shameful, like they need any more money.

of course. I have resisted Amazon music unlimited for years. Now they put on the clamps. Just ridiculous. I really don’t use Alexa for anything other than music (and the weather). 

6 hours ago, WotAGuy said:

How does someone that loves the Beatles not own the White Album?

You expect him to own it, store it somewhere, and when he wants to play it, pull it out of it's packaging, place it on/into a playback device, and push start?

Do you not realize how inconvenient that is?!

• Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.