Patriots @ Vikings - Turkey Day Special

Scott7975

1 minute ago, Airseven said:

Just wait until next week. Can you imagine what Belichick will draw up against this Bills OL?! Allen is walking the green mile.

OMG man why are you so every team but Buffalo envy all the time?  We are 8-3 with a disaster of an injury report every week including QB.

• Like (+1) 2

9 minutes ago, DapperCam said:

What a hilariously bad final drive for Mac. 

I still can’t believe we lost to the Vikings. Has there ever been a fumble for a TD on a botched snap where the offense could run out the clock before in NFL history? What a flukey BS ending that was.

Umm miracle at the meadowlands 

Not a botch snap but a botched handoff before teams kneeled out the clock 

8 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

Jefferson had two of his more important catches against us off of defenders helmet or hands, and we literally should have won without that safety, that kind of stuff is ridiculous.

As much as I despise tinfoil hats, I do feel that the NFL has narratives it supports, and others it attempts to squelch out. 

Josh Allen is literally Harrison Bergeron (Reference: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harrison_Bergeron), and the NFL Handicapper Generals play dirty, burden him with non-calls that Tommy Boy was always blessed with, and generally do everything in their power to keep the man (and our team) down.

I know... Too much turkey and wine, but I have yet to locate The Cigarette Smoking Man's grave:

2 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

OMG man why are you so every team but Buffalo envy all the time?  We are 8-3 with a disaster of an injury report every week including QB.

Noble of you to try reasoning, but unfortunately a waste of keystrokes and energy.

• Agree 1

15 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

Your team played tough.  A lot tougher than I thought they would today tbh.  Refs missed stuff on the Pats too.  I think the receiver slowed down because he couldnt find that moonball.  It was pretty high up there.  He probably lost it.  Good throw but it was a huge moon.

Ya was a high throw very accurate.. as I told my son that just shows you got to keep running your route.. (of course he then reminds me he is a RT and a LB lol) 

all and all a fun game to watch! And I am expecting them to get killed next Thursday. Our D will not stop the Bills O.. they haven’t the last 2 games.. I just want see progress by Mac again and hell maybe Mac wins a shoot out roflmao… (for those going respond seriously I am joking!)

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, WyoAZBillfan said:

I’m honestly not sure about Vikes being better team. Penalties are always going to factor in now days it seems though…really could go either way, or at times how Vegas wants it seems. I do think this was Macs best game, best as a pro from my limited views. The team played tough and I feel represented the AFC East well. Nothing to hang the head about too much. 

Special teams killed us tonight! Running into the kicker and a kick off return ended up being 14 points.. a HUGE swing.. I’m not angry they lost, as I said before more disappointed in the D inability to limit Jefferson.. guy is a freak of nature!

3 minutes ago, Johnnycage46 said:

He has to draw up a play to force a punt first.

He hasn’t the last 2 games!  Our best HOPE is to confuse Allen into hopefully making a few mistakes.. doubtful but it could happen.. 

• Agree 1

17 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

no pressure??

At that point of the post he hadnt been touched all game.  He didnt face pressure until the end of the game.

13 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

Ya was a high throw very accurate.. as I told my son that just shows you got to keep running your route.. (of course he then reminds me he is a RT and a LB lol) 

all and all a fun game to watch! And I am expecting them to get killed next Thursday. Our D will not stop the Bills O.. they haven’t the last 2 games.. I just want see progress by Mac again and hell maybe Mac wins a shoot out roflmao… (for those going respond seriously I am joking!)

I dont think we are going to kill your guys this game.  We are fighting through some stuff right now and I dont mean just injuries.  Our O just doesnt have the chemistry or playmakes we had in the last two games where we did kill your guys.  I expect to win but Im not expecting a blowout.  See ya next week on primtime.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, Scott7975 said:

At that point of the post he hadnt been touched all game.  He didnt face pressure until the end of the game.

I still see Jones as fool's gold.  He can throw well w/ an immaculate pocket - and even then, most of his throws are dump-offs that often go for big gains.  

Get pressure on him, and his quality of play worsens noticeably. That's not a big revelation - most QB's don't play as well under pressure. But Jones can't move very well, and always seems to hang onto the ball a bit too long.

• Agree 2

3 minutes ago, Success said:

I still see Jones as fool's gold.  He can throw well w/ an immaculate pocket - and even then, most of his throws are dump-offs that often go for big gains.  

Get pressure on him, and his quality of play worsens noticeably. That's not a big revelation - most QB's don't play as well under pressure. But Jones can't move very well, and always seems to hang onto the ball a bit too long.

The game plan was obvious tonight and I bet be similar next week.. throw fast and accurate throws.. Mac was releasing the ball before 2 seconds was up.. he has to our O line is terrible!  He also threw a few beautiful deep balls one just missed by Agahlor for a game tying TD.

Also most QBs need time to throw to look good..  Tonight Mac looked like Brady because he was playing like Brady quick fast releases to not allow the rush to get to him. Is he a franchise QB? (Shrug) to early IMO he has shown flashes and had good games like this and then some duds. He would definitely benefit from having a true #1 WR. (I think Parker is the closest we have to that, and IMO Meyers has better hands.. FYI if the Pats don’t resign him I think the Bills be foolish not to try and get him.. he be a great outlet receiver for Allen.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1

29 minutes ago, Airseven said:

Just wait until next week. Can you imagine what Belichick will draw up against this Bills OL?! Allen is walking the green mile.

Yes, walking the green mile. How is it your takes are repeatedly this bad? Since the start of 2020 Josh is 4-1 against Belicheat with the only loss coming in a wind Strom that had gusts almost as powerful as a cat 1 hurricane. During those games Allen has 13 TDs, only 1 Int and 1 rushing TD. 

The last time we played them in the regular season we traveled to their place with an offensive line that was struggling and Dawkins wasn't starting. The first of 2 straight dominating performances by the offense against Belicheat's defense that saw our punter never see the field except to hold for extra points.

After both those games Belicheat was quoted as saying we had no answers for Josh Allen today. I don't expect anything different when we play in their place next Thursday.

1 minute ago, LOVEMESOMEBILLS said:

Yes, walking the green mile. How is it your takes are repeatedly this bad? Since the start of 2020 Josh is 4-1 against Belicheat with the only loss coming in a wind Strom that had gusts almost as powerful as a cat 1 hurricane. During those games Allen has 13 TDs, only 1 Int and 1 rushing TD. 

The last time we played them in the regular season we traveled to their place with an offensive line that was struggling and Dawkins wasn't starting. The first of 2 straight dominating performances by the offense against Belicheat's defense that saw our punter never see the field except to hold for extra points.

After both those games Belicheat was quoted as saying we had no answers for Josh Allen today. I don't expect anything different when we play in their place next Thursday.

All true! What’s funny is the 2nd game last year (up here in Gillette) it was a 1 score game and Allen threw a ball right into JC Jackson’s hands and he dropped it!  He catches it, it’s a pick 6 and the Pats lead. My point, is while you didn’t punt the game was far from one sided and the Pats had a chance to win that game. 

Now the playoff game that was downright Madden on Rookie bad defense.

• Eyeroll 1

48 minutes ago, Airseven said:

They've worked great lately haven't they?  Getting the Bills to punt for a change would be a huge win for him.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Big Turk said:

They've worked great lately haven't they?  Getting the Bills to punt for a change would be a huge win for him.

What’s sad is he said against the Bills O line.. based on what? The Pats D rush vanished tonight except for Uche sack.. The D played terrible tonight they play half way decent the Pats win going away with ease. 

2 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

What’s sad is he said against the Bills O line.. based on what? The Pats D rush vanished tonight except for Uche sack.. The D played terrible tonight they play half way decent the Pats win going away with ease. 

Justin Jefferson is a problem. Bills found that out the hard way as well. Honestly I am not sure why every play isn't throw it to Jefferson.

18 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

I dont think we are going to kill your guys this game.  We are fighting through some stuff right now and I dont mean just injuries.  Our O just doesnt have the chemistry or playmakes we had in the last two games where we did kill your guys.  I expect to win but Im not expecting a blowout.  See ya next week on primtime.

I understand we've had some redzone turnovers of late and we've punted more than we usually do, but this keeps getting repeated and is an over reaction.

Our offense last year averaged 381.9 yards a game and 28.4 points per game. This year we're averaging 415.9 yards and 28.1 points per game against a far harder schedule than last year. 

Now some will say, yeah but the hot start on offense this year is inflating the season averages. Ok, if you go off our last 3 games we are averaging 414.7 yards and 29.4 points per game.

That's not to say the offense is playing perfect, by no means are they, but the results are just as good, if not better, than last season when we had an easier schedule and far less injuries.

Just looked up 2020, when we all thought the offense was really humming. We scored about fg more, but gained about 20 yards less per game than this year. Still pretty close when everything is factored in. We're still a top 3 offense, fix the redzone turnovers and they'll be #1.

21 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

All true! What’s funny is the 2nd game last year (up here in Gillette) it was a 1 score game and Allen threw a ball right into JC Jackson’s hands and he dropped it!  He catches it, it’s a pick 6 and the Pats lead. My point, is while you didn’t punt the game was far from one sided and the Pats had a chance to win that game. 

Now the playoff game that was downright Madden on Rookie bad defense.

True, but the game in Gillette was closer than it should've been. On 1 drive Buffalo went for it on 4th down from the 1 when Emanuel Sanders dropped a sure TD. Another drive they were at NE's 12 and on 1st down had a TD taken off the board because of penalty that had nothing to do with the result of the play. Only to follow that up with another penalty the next play making it 1st and 25 from the 27. And another drive stalled inside the 10 resulting in a fg. NE on the other hand scored nothing but TDs when they were inside the redzone.

The total yards for the game was 428 for Buffalo vs 288 for NE, NE had 2 turnovers, Buffalo had none and Buffalo had the ball for over 10 minutes more than NE. It's amazing it was only a 12 point victory.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.