NFL Week 10 - Vikings at Bills post game thread

BuffaloBill

1 minute ago, stevewin said:

My son was saying the same thing - if Lewis didn't even exist there, the ball is prob just overthrown

Truly unbelievable to play back so many critical, unbelievable plays that would have charged the outcome

WWE? Nice performance by the actors. It was that bad. Like Lewis was making sure Jefferson caught the ball. 

1 minute ago, ngbills said:

With Allen- take the short one, not there qb run. Fake the short and go deep. So many options but they insist on long developing, side line plays or the deep middle. 

Yeah and I get that you want him to stay aggressive, it’s how he won the Chiefs game, but that last pass was just awful and had absolutely no chance.

There was over a minute left, there was no rush there whatsoever. 

1 hour ago, AlCowlingsTaxiService said:

Motor is good, but when you really really REALLY need to count on your ground attack?  He’s not good enough. 

Well wasn't that why they drafted Cook & picked up Hines ? Also the FB is pretty trust worthy they aren't using only a small part of the weapons they have Knox isn't used as much,Morris either, Gilliam too, hell put Keanum out wide & use some trick plays they need to do something because teams have got them figured out .

Josh & Diggs are the only ones they use regularly last year they had Diggs, Davis, Beasely, Sanders, Knox, & McKenzie that they used this year they are using Diggs, Davis, Singletary, all the time & McKenzie, Knox, Shakir, Sweeney, Morris, Motor, Cook, Hines, Gilliam, Johnson,  are all after thoughts very seldom used .

Then you have 1 other that 2 years ago was used on the Houston team to put the Bills out of the play offs but is only used on ST's that being  Tiawan Jones so there are a ton of weapons not being utilized that if they want to save the season they need to start thinking about using more of what they have at their disposal with both players & experience .

7 minutes ago, Niagara Dude said:

Should have replaced and moved on from Frazier,  he coaches not to lose.  That 13 secs is not excusable 

You do know that Bilicheck lost to the Chiefs in the playoffs with seconds on the clock as well right?

wonder why he was not fired, literally almost exact situation but no one even considered firing him.

1 minute ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

Yeah and I get that you want him to stay aggressive, it’s how he won the Chiefs game, but that last pass was just awful and had absolutely no chance.

Add a couple wide open short options

3 minutes ago, Cray51 said:

We are out 3 pro bowl/all-pro players in the secondary.  That is absolutely hurting us.  Its an excuse as to why QBs are able to throw up 50/50 balls and actually complete most of them.  This game isnt even close if we have Poyer and White playing

And yet how do you explain the offenses being the one who lost us the game again.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Everything with staff seems like it moves an molasses pace.  Which is ok when they’re winning…

But now people are justifiably asking what is going on with Tre, why does RD2 pick Cook touch the ball so little, why did we trade for Hines…

Its like they want a half a season ramp up for everyone. 

I don’t get this Cook experiment.

You listen to this media and this coaching staff try to explain what they are trying to accomplish running the ball and it’s a test-tube, lab experiment, off a 207-step process.

Thats why I said during the game, this team just refuses to turn around and hand the ball off. They just can’t bring themselves to do it.

• Agree 2

The ending int strikes me as both a bad decision by Allen but also likely as a bad route run. When the pick is made; 3 Bills are at the the back of the end zone. It is very likely Davis was supposed to run along the goal line and instead went angling deep. 

Allen needs to be better as a whole with playing safe but his throw wasn’t a blind toss into triple coverage. It was a bullet meant for a guy near the goal line with nobody there.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

1 minute ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

I *believe* he expected Davis to cross the face of his defender and stay flat but instead Davis attempted to turn it up field.

Even so, it was a low percentage throw, especially when he had 10+ yards of free running room and may have scored on the play.

• Agree 1

4 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Everything with staff seems like it moves an molasses pace.  Which is ok when they’re winning…

But now people are justifiably asking what is going on with Tre, why does RD2 pick Cook touch the ball so little, why did we trade for Hines…

Its like they want a half a season ramp up for everyone. 

What is going on with White? Put him on the IR if he can’t go, something definitely sour.

• Eyeroll 1

Just now, Straight Hucklebuck said:

I don’t get this Cook experiment.

You listen to this media and this coaching staff try to explain what they are trying to accomplish running the ball and it’s a test-tube, lab experiment, off a 207-step process.

Thats why I said during the game, this team just refuses to turn around and hand the ball off. They just can’t bring themselves to do it.

Cook looks dynamic every time he touches the ball now.  

Even the run where he had a 3-4 yard gain, he literally dove 3 more yards for a 7 yard gain. 

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, Big Turk said:

I *believe* he expected Davis to cross the face of his defender and stay flat but instead Davis attempted to turn it up field.

Even so, it was a low percentage throw, especially when he had 10+ yards of free running room and may have scored on the play.

It’s hard to know how to feel.

The ball was whistling today, he showed no signs.

3rd-16 and he converts, 3rd-17 and he converts, he has two huge runs, and all that good is wiped out with two rookie level throws.

This team really needs to run the ball and steady this offense out. Like actually stick with it ALL game long.

They have 4 capable backs now, 4 backs!

• Agree 1

46 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

He’s not getting fired. Unless there’s some unforeseen off the field behavior situation. He’s earned several benefits of the doubt. But I want him to take over the defense permanently. I also want him to influence some balance on offense. If my name is on the Main Billing here, I’m not going down with another guys philosophy. I’m taking control of the Defensive play calling at minimum. I’m also in Dorseys ear all week telling him start running the ball effectively or I’m finding someone who will. Also get your QB to value the ball or I’ll find someone that will.

Earned several benefits of the doubt? What does this even mean?

How many examples of bad coaching have we been subjected to?

How many playoff heartbreaks?

How long and to what degree do these "benefits of the doubt" last? Do they expire, or can he use on each year he fails to get this team to meet their expectations? Maybe he uses two if they miss the playoffs entirely?

This team has a window, and you could argue this is year number three of that window. So, to me...I am not giving the coach anymore get out of jail free cards because some people think he's "earned" them. To heck with all of that 

Expectations were SB or bust. Not even winning the division or making the playoffs is inexcusable. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.