This coaching staff…

RiotAct

6 minutes ago, BuffaloRebound said:

You gotta admit, we are and have been horrible in situational football the past couple years.  You might not coach that exact situation in practice, but it’s definitely on the coaches to put guys on the field they trust to make the right plays.  

I dont agree with that.  We are USUALLY good in situational football.  We have had lapses in execution during nuanced situations, but people have taken 2-4 bad things over the past 3 years and have labelled us "horrible in situational football".

I'd love to know 10+ times this season we have been bad in situational football.  Then I would consider "horrible in situational football".

3 hours ago, MPT said:

They couldn't make a single play against Jefferson all game. 

And why I hate zone defense.  Here, let me pass him to you.  Double team the man.  He might still make a play with the smurfs we have as DBs, but at least make it harder.  They do the same thing vs Kelce when they play KC.

In one way it’s simple math.  At a minimum, the opponent will have 5 O-linemen and their QB not out in pass patterns.  That leaves 5 possible receivers.  The Bills rush 4 most of the time which leaves 7 guys defending the pass.  7 vs 5 and guys are running wide open and beating single coverage?!

14 minutes ago, ChronicAndKnuckles said:

This loss is 75% on Allen and 25% on Dorsey. The game was lost on that fumbled snap. Plain & simple, but an extra 3 points would’ve helped us a lot. Defense held their own and got the Bills in position to win twice. Frazier is working with the pieces he has. 

Game was lost by coaching. Everyone played a part but the coaching gotta be looked at. 

19 minutes ago, ChronicAndKnuckles said:

This loss is 75% on Allen and 25% on Dorsey. The game was lost on that fumbled snap. Plain & simple, but an extra 3 points would’ve helped us a lot. Defense held their own and got the Bills in position to win twice. Frazier is working with the pieces he has. 

It wasn't Josh's or Dorsey's decision to not kick the fg and extend the lead. This game is 50% on Josh and 50% on the 3 headed monster. McD, Frazier,  Dorsey.

14 minutes ago, Cray51 said:

I dont agree with that.  We are USUALLY good in situational football.  We have had lapses in execution during nuanced situations, but people have taken 2-4 bad things over the past 3 years and have labelled us "horrible in situational football".

I'd love to know 10+ times this season we have been bad in situational football.  Then I would consider "horrible in situational football".

Too much crazy stuff happens to this team at end of games to pass it off as a couple bad things.  Hail Murray, 13 seconds and whatever happened in the last 5 minutes of the 4th quarter today are 3 of the biggest meltdowns in the NFL over that timeframe.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, RiotAct said:

😐😐😐😐😐😐

Going for it on fourth down when a field goal would have put the Bills up 7, then idiotic play calling once again in the Red Zone in overtime.

One of the worst coaching decisions I've seen. We were winning 27-17, with an injured QB, FG makes it 30-17 with 10 min to go.  Absolutely horrible inexcusable call.  Negligent

He coached us into a 1 score game then lost it as always. 

• Agree 3

18 hours ago, Bferra13 said:

With all due respect... shutup. This is a place where people can vent after a loss. Nothin personal dude. Still like ya. Just saying let people vent. Don't like it... leave.

Don't what I say put me on ignore.

This ranting is like children having temper tantrums.

temper-tantrums_web.jpg

Holding your breath until you turn red, white and blue is also an option.

On 11/13/2022 at 5:16 PM, PayDaBill$ said:

Also of note …

What I don’t like is that our star QB is regressing, hum? What’s changed?

lack of discipline?  

On 11/13/2022 at 5:17 PM, newcam2012 said:

Time? Are you serious? Hoping this is sarcasm.

I am very serious.  I favor the long term coaching approach like the Pittsburg Steelers.  Let them have the keys for a while and learn on the job.  They are smart guys, they will figure it out.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

On 11/13/2022 at 1:51 PM, newcam2012 said:

Coaching staff absolutely stinks. No other way to put it. Should have kicked the field goal. Cost the Bills the game. 

It's like someone said a couple days ago regarding McDermott. When he first started out he was very conservative. Always went for the fgs most of the time. Then when we tried to keep up with KC using fgs, it clearly was a failed strategy. Now it's like we've completely "over-corrected".  It's OK to be aggressive 60-70% of the time but that 4th & 2 was screaming kick the damn fg.  Get points and go up 30-17. With all the redzone mistakes we're getting nothing.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, LABILLBACKER said:

It's like someone said a couple days ago regarding McDermott. When he first started out he was very conservative. Always went for the fgs most of the time. Then when we tried to keep up with KC using fgs, it clearly was a failed strategy. Now it's like we've completely "over-corrected".  It's OK to be aggressive 60-70% of the time but that 4th & 2 was screaming kick the damn fg.  Get points and go up 30-17. With all the redzone mistakes we're getting nothing.

Truthfully, was anyone confident in real time that the Bills would successfully convert that 4th down? I wasn't...

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.