BLOODBATH 2.0

2 minutes ago, Albwan said:

thats because many americans are cultist ######s who enjoy misery. 

good luck in this shithole your cult has created, wallow in the mire and be proud &^%$tard.

Something I've noticed when spending time here on PPP, as well as some other sites, is the tendency of people on the Right to make liberal Americans the enemy. Not just the Democratic Party, or the candidates, electeds, leaders, or pundits, etc, but the voters and people themselves. While I know that there are plenty of liberals who view Republican voters with disdain, I've never heard "Own the Cons" said unironically. It's mostly "what is wrong with these people?" I don't like that view point but it's certainly not as heated as what Albwan posted.

It seems that, on the Right, viewing people who disagree with you as the enemy is not just accepted, it seems to be expected.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 1

37 minutes ago, ChiGoose said:

Something I've noticed when spending time here on PPP, as well as some other sites, is the tendency of people on the Right to make liberal Americans the enemy. Not just the Democratic Party, or the candidates, electeds, leaders, or pundits, etc, but the voters and people themselves. While I know that there are plenty of liberals who view Republican voters with disdain, I've never heard "Own the Cons" said unironically. It's mostly "what is wrong with these people?" I don't like that view point but it's certainly not as heated as what Albwan posted.

It seems that, on the Right, viewing people who disagree with you as the enemy is not just accepted, it seems to be expected.

You are replying to an aging clone who understands little of what he posts and gets 100% of his info from fox while questioning nothing.  He is absolutely the majority of the right over 70 years old.   If he's under 70 he's just that much more dumb.

Fox says I should be scared I is sure scared!

2 hours ago, ChiGoose said:

Huh, you don’t strike me as one to wear blinders.  There is not one side worse than the other in this regard.   

1 hour ago, L Ron Burgundy said:

You are replying to an aging clone who understands little of what he posts and gets 100% of his info from fox while questioning nothing.  He is absolutely the majority of the right over 70 years old.   If he's under 70 he's just that much more dumb.

Fox says I should be scared I is sure scared!

Case in point. 

9 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

Huh, you don’t strike me as one to wear blinders.  There is not one side worse than the other in this regard.   

Case in point. 

Calling someone out for making bad arguments is fine . 

Saying or implying that anyone who doesn’t vote with your team is bad or the enemy is a problem. 

52 minutes ago, ChiGoose said:

Calling someone out for making bad arguments is fine . 

Saying or implying that anyone who doesn’t vote with your team is bad or the enemy is a problem. 

Calling them out is fine however calling them names  is childish and immature.  Ageism is real and the ability to debate has ceased to exist. 

51 minutes ago, ChiGoose said:

This is exactly the problem with American politics today and is why our political system has become dysfunctional. Social media has fueled much of the demonization of “those on the other team”. Too many people go down the worm hole resulting in ruined friendships, families, etc.

In the end, we are all Americans who have different opinions on issues. No different than the differences Americans debated during our grandparents time. We are all just trying to get by and raise our kids in this changing world. To call the other side the enemy is to call your neighbor, kids, or relatives who think different than you, the enemy. Who wants to live in that miserable world? Not me. Life is too short.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Chef Jim said:

Calling them out is fine however calling them names  is childish and immature.  Ageism is real and the ability to debate has ceased to exist. 

Let's start with me calling out someone that never brings anything to this board, or probably anything ever.  Have you ever called those people out?  There are several.  They chime in only to throw in the latest line they learned from someone 1% smarter than them on the news or, if they can manage,  Twitter or Facebook.  

Let's end with the irony of you whining about ageism in the Era of Joe Biden.  

• Agree 1

12 hours ago, ChiGoose said:

It was the same way when Trump was first in office the hate for him from the left was like a infectious disease that over took a ton of people . I can remember instances where people would completely disconnect them selves from family members that voted for or even agree'd with anything Trump related .

I couldn't for the life of me figure out what the deal was & where that much hate could come from in such a short time sure i understand the guy was very arrogant & says somethings that came across as foolish but in comparison from then till now i feel despite his short comings his policy worked .

Yet even though things were doing well & business people that i know along with my personal income was better than i have ever done before if you asked someone that didn't like Trump they were of the mindset that every thing sucked the economy, unemployment, anything & everything about him .

Here it is over 2 years after he has been out of office & the left or Dems what ever name you choose to use still have this over abundance of hate for the man & i wish they would put this POTUS under the same microscope as they did then but it's very apparent to me & others that they don't .

It's kind of you get what you give scenario from the right and or the left .

Can you say Double Standard ?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 hours ago, L Ron Burgundy said:

Let's start with me calling out someone that never brings anything to this board, or probably anything ever.  Have you ever called those people out?  There are several.  They chime in only to throw in the latest line they learned from someone 1% smarter than them on the news or, if they can manage,  Twitter or Facebook.  

Let's end with the irony of you whining about ageism in the Era of Joe Biden.  

I call our those people all the time.  And whining about ageism?  Nope pointing out you’re use of it.  So you have a problem when people make fun of Biden’s age but it’s ok when you make fun of a poster’s age?  Good job!  😏

9 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

I call our those people all the time.  And whining about ageism?  Nope pointing out you’re use of it.  So you have a problem when people make fun of Biden’s age but it’s ok when you make fun of a poster’s age?  Good job!  😏

I'm definitely ageist.  Old people should not do certain things.