GDT Thread! It’s here - ELECTION “SEASON” 2022 will conclude in 2023

A 100% pure MAGA Republican Governor that is essentially the clean version of Donald Trump wins FLORIDA by 20 points.  Despite Democracy being at stake lol lol 

But yea MAGA isn’t popular.  

Florida voted for Obama twice.  

How in the world is any other purple state/district voting different then Florida?

What’s different?  Floridians understand Democrats are awful but in the now reliably corrupt Arizona and Pennsylvania they’re all in on the greatness the party has delivered?  Yea sure.  No chance.  

The “non fraudulent” problem with vote by mail or ballot harvesting is the ease of which in our urban areas for a well organized machine can get ballots from people with likely ZERO intention to vote on election day

But if many of those are people that if they are say last minute undecideds of which there are likely millions, they lose out on gaining more info about the candidates they may not have been following by the time the spot light gets brighter - maybe they’re persuaded by the “bandwagon” effect and would have voted another way had said political machine not intervened and got votes sealed early on.   

The fact we now have it established that the early vote is vastly Democrat is a problem and big time suspect anyway.  So when that suddenly shifts - guess who’s going to start claiming actual fraud?

Edited by Big Blitz
  • Vomit 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

A 100% pure MAGA Republican Governor that is essentially the clean version of Donald Trump wins FLORIDA by 20 points.  Despite Democracy being at stake lol lol 

How in the world is any other purple state/district voting different then Florida?

What’s different?  Floridians understand Democrats are awful but in the now reliably corrupt Arizona and Pennsylvania they’re all in on the greatness the party has delivered?  Yea sure.  No chance.  

The “non fraudulent” problem with vote by mail or ballot harvesting is the ease of which in our urban areas for a well organized machine can get ballots from people with likely ZERO intention to vote on election day

But if many of those are people that if they are say last minute undecideds of which there are likely millions, they lose out on gaining more info about the candidates they may not have been following by the time the spot light gets brighter - maybe they’re persuaded by the “bandwagon” effect and would have voted another way had said political machine not intervened and got votes sealed early on.   

The fact we now have it established that the early vote is vastly Democrat is a problem and big time suspect anyway.  So when that suddenly shifts - guess who’s going to start claiming actual fraud?

My reaction to reading this rambling nonsense: 

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 3

7 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

How hard would it be to flip 2 to 5 Republicans (depending on the final results) to vote with Democrats in the House on some things depending on the results?  Usually there's at least a 10 seat buffer.  Is McCarthy the right man for the job?  Having a razor thin majority makes it extremely difficult to both put out legislation and obstruct every democratic legislative proposal.

Not very, probably. But the real power shift in the House are committee assignments, what legislation does and doesn't even come to the floor, etc. It's significantly more than vote counts.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Pokebball said:

Not very, probably. But the real power shift in the House are committee assignments, what legislation does and doesn't even come to the floor, etc. It's significantly more than vote counts.

Not to mention investigations, which is the most important imo…

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Big Blitz said:

The voter demographics in Florida and Arizona and Pennsylvania are obviously very different. You can't make an apples to apples comparison and then just blame the actual results on a conspiracy. Florida is in the heart of red state country. Just look at a map.

12 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

The voter demographics in Florida and Arizona and Pennsylvania are obviously very different. You can't make an apples to apples comparison and then just blame the actual results on a conspiracy. Florida is in the heart of red state country. Just look at a map.

He won by 30,000 votes in 2018

He won by almost TWO MILLION this time.  That’s some repudiation of Trumpism.  

That became the heart of red state country real quick 

Why has whatever happened there not happened in other purple areas.  

It makes zero sense - unless DeSantis is the best and most popular politician in America 

Which he is.  I guess it’s that simple then.  

Edited by Big Blitz

9 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

It makes zero sense - unless DeSantis is the best and most popular politician in America 

If the people of a state believe their state is generally well governed, the sitting governor will be re-elected. Regardless of the overall political winds. The national Republican Party sank a ton of money into challenger Heidi Ganahl in Colorado. Incumbent Dem Jared Polis trounced him. Same thing in Michigan. Same reasons in each one. 

1 hour ago, Big Blitz said:

I agree he's super popular. I guess I didn't realise that was the point you were trying to make. Kari Lake, Blake Masters, etc are not the same type of candidates. And Arizona demographics are not the same as Florida. We're surrounded by blue states and blue migrants.

33 minutes ago, ChiGoose said:

How is this even possible? I was assured that the Dems have rigged the elections!

They can't make it too obvious.... Duh...

8 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

I agree he's super popular. I guess I didn't realise that was the point you were trying to make. Kari Lake, Blake Masters, etc are not the same type of candidates. And Arizona demographics are not the same as Florida. We're surrounded by blue states and blue migrants.

They can't make it too obvious.... Duh...

I’ll ask you, Goatski, for feedback.  

When Trump was accused of being an illegitimate president, elected in a coup, guilty of treason…and when sitting VP Harris suggested the vaxx developed under a Trump admin couldn’t be trusted, leading to confusion and reinforcing vaxx hesitancy at a time when we all needed to be onboard—-is that disinformation and the same sort of laughable stuff as you see it? 

We’re 6 years post-election, the illegitimate and Russian agent stuff went nowhere, and Trump certainly didn’t personally make the vaccine in his basement.

What say you on all that brand of crazy talk? 

I ask because context matters to me.  I’m fine discussing issues involving allegations of stolen elections, and whether or not proof exists in that regard, but I also try to see the big picture.  Most of the left leaning folks seem to prefer to skip that whole deal. 

• Like (+1) 2

Republicans Win the House of Representatives.

“Nancy Pelosi has been dethroned. The seat that pushed Republicans over the finish line was in California’s 3rd district, won by Kevin Kiley, who has been an outspoken fighter against Gavin Newsom in the state…

This isn’t the outcome Republicans expected, but it is something. Winning is better than losing, and with winning comes the ability to dictate committee assignments, floor votes, and investigations. There are going to be a lot of entertaining things happening over the next two years. Buckle up and enjoy the show.”

https://redstate.com/bonchie/2022/11/15/breaking-republicans-win-the-house-of-representatives-n659451

• Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, B-Man said:

“Nancy Pelosi has been dethroned. The seat that pushed Republicans over the finish line was in California’s 3rd district, won by Kevin Kiley, who has been an outspoken fighter against Gavin Newsom in the state…

This isn’t the outcome Republicans expected, but it is something. Winning is better than losing, and with winning comes the ability to dictate committee assignments, floor votes, and investigations. There are going to be a lot of entertaining things happening over the next two years. Buckle up and enjoy the show.”

https://redstate.com/bonchie/2022/11/15/breaking-republicans-win-the-house-of-representatives-n659451

• Like (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, B-Man said:

Mission Accomplished.  

Big picture - the Democrats are worthless

NY and CA have clearly bled too many morons that moved to Arizona Nevada and Georgia and North Carolina - and those people still voted D.   

NY and CA got a little bit redder.  Interesting development to watch over the next 4-6 years.  Maybe sooner.  

Voters miraculously understand Republicans have it right in Florida as President DeSantis wins by almost 2 million votes - increasing his margin of victory from 2018 by almost….2 million votes.  

But in Arizona Georgia and Nevada they aren’t so sure.  Same Pennsylvania.  Makes total sense.  DeSantis is just the most popular politician in America.  Going to be fun watching Bill Stime and others TDS morph into full blown DDS.  It’s already started.  Not sure why tho.  He clearly runs things better then anyone in America - a 20 point victory.  Makes complete sense to me.  

Divided DC is a just fine by me DC.  

A conservative SCOTUS.  

We move forward.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, B-Man said:

Excellent.  What are the prospects in the other 14 races?