GDT Thread! It’s here - ELECTION “SEASON” 2022 will conclude in 2023

On 11/10/2022 at 11:26 AM, BillsFanNC said:

I guess you missed the part where I clearly said it's almost impossible to prove. Which of course is the very point and why it's done. Not much chance you'll be caught.

The point is to take away the opportunity. 

Other than legitimate absentee ballots why should mass mail in voting be normalized?

Hallmarks of a dying party: it’s always the fraud they already admitted they cannot prove and not the people tiring of the BS and racists like Stephen Miller.

10 hours ago, B-Man said:

Post election vote. . . . . . . . 😆

All good, they can have the House, still a pretty embarrassing midterm overall for them. And at least it looks bad for Kari Lake who literally supports White Nationalists and doesn't even deny it, too bad you didn't get what you wanted I guess. 

• Like (+1) 1

Fifth, there were a number of “firsts” on Election Day. That includes election of the first openly lesbian governors (Maura Healey in Massachusetts and Tina Kotek in Oregon) and the first African American governor of Maryland (Wes Moore). The country will also have a record number of female governors. Despite the reactionary movement that seeks to take the country back to the 1950s, the United States continues to expand the definition of “We” in “We the people.” As our institutions and elected bodies start to look more like America, they will have more legitimacy in the eyes of many Americans.

All five ballot measures on abortion during the midterms resulted in losses for the forced-birth crowd. The power of women voters is not to be underestimated. That might have far-reaching consequences for years to come as Republicans continue to defend overwhelmingly unpopular abortion bans.

Here’s Where the House Race Stands With Yet Another GOP Flip.

https://redstate.com/nick-arama/2022/11/13/heres-where-the-house-race-stands-with-yet-another-gop-flip-n658281

So why is it not official? In short, California is going to take weeks to finish counting its votes (because, of course).

Yet, most of the contested seats are being led by Republicans in areas that favor them. Mike Garcia in CA27, for example, has already declared victory and his opponent has basically conceded (in a long, whiney Twitter thread), yet it hasn’t been “called” yet. There are several more races of that flavor going on out there.

The best case for Democrats appears to be 217, and that would have to come via pulling an inside straight.

At this point, I’m as gun shy as anyone in being confident, but it’s probably okay to let a deep breath out on the House. Republicans will almost certainly control the chamber

Edited by B-Man

29 minutes ago, B-Man said:

Here’s Where the House Race Stands With Yet Another GOP Flip.

https://redstate.com/nick-arama/2022/11/13/heres-where-the-house-race-stands-with-yet-another-gop-flip-n658281

So why is it not official? In short, California is going to take weeks to finish counting its votes (because, of course).

Yet, most of the contested seats are being led by Republicans in areas that favor them. Mike Garcia in CA27, for example, has already declared victory and his opponent has basically conceded (in a long, whiney Twitter thread), yet it hasn’t been “called” yet. There are several more races of that flavor going on out there.

The best case for Democrats appears to be 217, and that would have to come via pulling an inside straight.

At this point, I’m as gun shy as anyone in being confident, but it’s probably okay to let a deep breath out on the House. Republicans will almost certainly control the chamber

Good, I'd rather have a GOP house with a razor thin majority than the other way around. Good luck Mr. McCarthy, you will need it 

Hard to believe we’re almost a week out from the election and they STILL haven’t called the House.

Interesting how quickly they call things for Democrats but if it’s likely the Republicans will win it just goes on and on and on and on.

They called the Senate two days ago.

Buuuuuut not the House.

4 minutes ago, B-Man said:

Hard to believe we’re almost a week out from the election and they STILL haven’t called the House.

Interesting how quickly they call things for Democrats but if it’s likely the Republicans will win it just goes on and on and on and on.

Buuuuuut not the House.

We really do need better civics lessons in this country if this is how people understand what is happening.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

48 minutes ago, B-Man said:

Buuuuuut not the House.

Still waiting on Dem winners in many places. And we waited on Dem winners for a while in 2020. 

You're not a discerning observer. 

1 hour ago, Sundancer said:

There's another Bills site with an Admin who's a full-throated election denier. She's on and on about this stolen election cycle. 

PPP: The sane place for Bills fans to discuss politics!

B-Man, am I wrong that she's an election denier or that PPP is a sane place? 

4 hours ago, Sundancer said:

B-Man, am I wrong that she's an election denier or that PPP is a sane place? 

You are wrong on both counts.

You are being led, with your "election denier" silliness.  That is the lazy way that many Leftists try and pigeon hole all dissent.

Questioning mistakes and delays is not denying.

And ignoring the decade that I have read responses on here, and just going by today's posts alone. . . . . . . . . . . . . . PPP in not a sane place.

WHEN ELECTION DAY LASTS FOR A MONTH 

FTA:

Murdock quotes the passage in U.S. election law that says: “The Tuesday next after the 1st Monday in November, in every even numbered year, is established as the day for the election, in each of the States and Territories of the United States, of Representatives and Delegates to the Congress,” then asks “what part of that federal statute is unclear?”

Americans are casting ballots before candidates have debated; while they know nothing about the health of the candidates they’re voting for; before they realize candidates are going to hide in their basements rather than campaign; before candidates drop out; before events that would change their votes occur

(Google searches for “can i change my vote” peaked at 5 a.m. last Tuesday);

before the public learns about the debauched and possible criminal behavior of a candidate’s son – and then the ballots are counted for days and weeks after the election, providing more time and access for those determined to change the outcome.

No election will ever be perfect. Fallible humans make errors. But ours would be much cleaner it we abandoned early voting and restricted mail-in voting to only “the sick, infirm, and those who will be – Imagine! – absent on Election Day,” as Murdock suggests. 

Don’t fall for the lie that this is suppression, or that it’s a “threat to our democracy,” or any of the objections that Democrats and their media lackeys will manufacture so that they won’t lose their party advantage. End the corruption before the corruption ends our republic.

— Written by the I&I Editorial Board

https://issuesinsights.com/2022/11/14/when-election-day-lasts-for-a-month/

• Agree 1