GDT Thread! It’s here - ELECTION “SEASON” 2022 will conclude in 2023

I can find no link that says this.

9 hours ago, ChiGoose said:

Looking like Dems get to 50 in the senate without Georgia. 

Definitely not certain, but trending that direction. 

9 hours ago, ChiGoose said:

49-49 with Cortez-Masto a slight favorite in NV.

ADDED: Found it.. The WSJ.

https://www.wsj.com/livecoverage/election-midterms-2022/card/in-key-nevada-senate-race-mail-in-ballot-trends-seen-favoring-democrat-dj9pqwr882pTwCBNprV8

Edited by B-Man

Just now, B-Man said:

I can find no link that says this.

Wasserman, who is usually very good, called it for Kelly. 

Others remain open to the idea Masters can still win due to the thought ED drop off ballot will break heavy red.

If Wasserman calls it, I’m thinking the path for Masters is slim to nonexistent.  Would love to be proven wrong, as Masters is 100x more of an intriguing Senator than Mark Kelly. 

Laxalt got hit with a pretty bad drop from Washoe last night.  He believes the rural vote will offset Washoe, which would mean the remaining Clarke County vote has to go 63% for Masto… but unsure if he expected his lead to shrink by over 3k in Washoe. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Delcious irony - totally lost on the Trumpies - if Lake "comes from behind" through late-counted votes to win in AZ.

But this one should've been easy for the Repubs. Ducey (term-limited) was a solid conservative governor. These nutcase fringey candidates are struggling everywhere.

As much as I am sick of Trump, and think he lost R’s winnable races in PA, NH and we’ll see about GA… I like Vance, Masters and Lake.  

Masters, if he loses, is more on McConnell than anyone.  Not sure what went on there, but McConnell does not want Masters in the Senate and left him out to dry while Mark Kelly just poured it on with attack ads. 

Sometimes you have to take risks on people.

Lake is someone who, if she eeks out a victory over Hobbs, I could easily see becoming a force in politics and in reshaping the AZ GOP. 

Remember Ron DeSantis barely won his initial Governors race… and now he’s moving up the betting odds to become President in ‘24. 

1 minute ago, SCBills said:

Remember Ron DeSantis barely won his initial Governors race… and now he’s moving up the betting odds to become President in ‘24. 

I’m interested to see if DeSantis is the nominee in 2024 or if he’s just the next Scott Walker. 

In any case, looks like Trump has fully turned on him. That might hurt him or it might lead to the splitting up of the MAGA base. I’m fine with it either way, I’ll just be here eating popcorn. 

1 minute ago, ChiGoose said:

I’m interested to see if DeSantis is the nominee in 2024 or if he’s just the next Scott Walker. 

In any case, looks like Trump has fully turned on him. That might hurt him or it might lead to the splitting up of the MAGA base. I’m fine with it either way, I’ll just be here eating popcorn. 

Trump is clearly shook over DeSantis, and mildly scared of Youngkin (sounds Chinese 🙄)

Meanwhile, entirely predictable vibe shift as liberal media attacks DeSantis, while propping up Trump (again). 

13 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Delcious irony - totally lost on the Trumpies - if Lake "comes from behind" through late-counted votes to win in AZ.

But this one should've been easy for the Repubs. Ducey (term-limited) was a solid conservative governor. These nutcase fringey candidates are struggling everywhere.

Delicious irony..lost on commie leftists.

People just want honest elections, decided on election day, where no candidates from either party have to "come from behind" over the following days and weeks.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, BillsFanNC said:

Delicious irony..lost on commie leftists.

People just want honest elections, decided on election day, where no candidates from either party have to "come from behind" over the following days and weeks.

Maybe people should just learn how elections actually work instead of crying “every time I lose it’s because someone cheated” 

• Thank you (+1) 1

• Big Blitz changed the title to GDT Thread! It’s here - ELECTION “SEASON” 2022 will conclude in 2023
3 hours ago, ComradeKayAdams said:

MUPPY!!! So good to see you in the politics subforum! How are you and yours?? My thoughts regarding the bolded:

Yeah, I believe your assessment of Election Day is accurate. We probably have enough election results data and polling data by now to surmise that unmarried Gen Z/Millenial women are the singular demographic that limited the GOP, curbing that party’s success due to what I call their “constellation of creepiness:” extreme pro-life stances on abortion, MAGA election denialism, and general LGBTQ bigotry. As it turns out, there was indeed a red wave on Tuesday…a particular wave that only the world’s largest Playtex tampon could have halted. Yes, that was a gross metaphor. But I’m going to leave it here because, as you know, this is how Commie Kay rolls at Two Bills Drive : )

Speaking of curious metaphor choices…I am reminded of a quote from the great early 21st century philosopher and single ladies’ advocate, Beyonce, which I am paraphrasing in the future tense: “if you like it, then you should put a ring on it.” The “it” in this chosen context means the electoral votes of young single adult females, and “putting a ring on it” signifies the federal codification of Roe v. Wade (i.e. legal abortions up to the point of fetal viability). In other words, this week’s very modest electoral victories are also potentially very ephemeral. The Democratic Party has been using the abortion issue as a political football for far too long, taking advantage of our electoral power since the 1970’s. If Democrats want my increasingly intransigent voting bloc to continue coming out to vote for them in 2024 and beyond, then they need to be making earnest efforts to codify certain reproductive freedoms ASAP that really shouldn’t have ever been up for debate in the first place (a constitutional digression I won’t get into here…).

And the same goes for all the other rights to privacy, under the Due Process Clause, that are in danger from our far-right Supreme Court and that desperately need federal codification: contraception, gay marriage, interracial marriage, etc… Court packing should remain on the table as a potent negotiating tool, too.

Furthermore, young unmarried women tend to be among the most progressive voting demographics that you can possibly delineate. So moving forward, Democrats would be wise to steer their policy agenda leftward on big-ticket issues like social democratic economic populism, aggressive climate change remediation, non-imperialistic foreign policies, etc…ya know…the kinda things that excite the Commie Kays out there : ) …preferably using some currently unidentified American version of Brazil’s Lula as a political conduit…and in perhaps a physical form a la Joaquin Phoenix or Milo Ventimiglia…

P.S. I love both your avatar and wallpaper selection! Very expressive and colorful. Quintessential MUPPINESS. There’s nothing worse in this topsy-turvy world of ours than Bills message board users without either, no? Without these, we’re all just a bunch of faceless posting zombies, utterly devoid of character. Electronic flotsam, if you will, floating amidst an endless sea of inane and excessively morose Buffalo Bills football discussion. Now I don’t like publicly calling out individuals here, so let’s just say that there’s a certain stubborn individual whom we both know (hint: his user name rhymes with Reh-nerd Rin-erd) who absolutely REFUSES to select any avatar or wallpaper whatsoever that might exhibit his wonderfully unique personality. Why? I think it’s just because he also happens to enjoy being a giant D!CK. That’s why. But I guess that’s Reh-nerd Rin-erd for ya. Not much to else to say on this matter, really. Ugh.

KAY!~! Firstly thank you for your note. I am a papercraft artist so expression visually is a big thing for me. now about the rest. Clearly writing is your skill Kudos chica.

quintessential kay GF!~!~!! lmao

Furthermore, young unmarried women tend to be among the most progressive voting demographics that you can possibly delineate. So moving forward, Democrats would be wise to steer their policy agenda leftward on big-ticket issues like social democratic economic populism, aggressive climate change remediation, non-imperialistic foreign policies, etc…ya know…the kinda things that excite the Commie Kays out there : ) …preferably using some currently unidentified American version of Brazil’s Lula as a political conduit…and in perhaps a physical form a la Joaquin Phoenix or Milo Ventimiglia…

As far as avatars go I change mine almost daily. the initial L stands for Leo,  Case Closed. 🙃

Best to you chica GO BILLS . 🙂 m

Edited by muppy
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, ChiGoose said:

1 minute ago, ChiGoose said:

Well, they’re not cheating, so problem solved. 

You can’t prove that as much as I can prove they are.  

Does how this work post 2020 inspire confidence in our elections?

Does what continues to play out in AZ and NV  - as opposed to how well Florida continues to do everything - demonstrate exactly what we should expect for an election?

Just now, Big Blitz said:

Does what continues to play out in AZ and NV  - as opposed to how well Florida continues to do everything - demonstrate exactly what we should expect for an election?

There’s as much evidence that 2020 was stolen (or 2022 for that matter) as there is that 2016 was stolen, the earth is flat, we didn’t land on the moon, and birds aren’t real. 

Go spend some time on a flat earther forum. It’ll probably feel like home. 

Also, the incompetence and inability of some states to quickly process ballots isn’t evidence of fraud. It’s just evidence of incompetence and/or poor election laws/administrators. 

2 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

If Masters somehow shoots the inside straight and beats Kelly, then - maybe - they’ll start having a problem with states taking days/weeks to count ballots. 

If not, they’ll just pretend this is normal, as it seems about 80% of the time when election count takes noticeably long in a tight race, the Dem wins. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, SCBills said:

it seems about 80% of the time when election count takes noticeably long in a tight race, the Dem wins. 

And this should make sense because Dems are much more likely to vote by mail than Republicans. Many states don’t allow the counting of mail ballots until Election Day. So the Election Day vote skews GOP while the mail in vote skews Dem. This is the Red Mirage.

In states with good election laws like Florida, they can count the mail ballots ahead of time. They just don’t release any numbers until after the polls close on Election Day. 

More states should follow Florida’s lead. Pennsylvania tried to but the bill failed in the legislature. 

Edited by ChiGoose
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, SCBills said:

If Masters somehow shoots the inside straight and beats Kelly, then - maybe - they’ll start having a problem with states taking days/weeks to count ballots. 

If not, they’ll just pretend this is normal, as it seems about 80% of the time when election count takes noticeably long in a tight race, the Dem wins. 

Exactly. 

And LOL these mail in ballots that “always” favor Dems.  

If this sham way of voting continues and Rs figure out how to manipulate this to (they will), it’s going to become a massive crisis.  There will be absolute chaos and anarchy - because it’s “been established” the fraudulent early vote or mail in vote just always favors Ds.  Until they’re not.  And the. CNN, MSNBC, Keith Olbermann, and The View are going to call for a revolution.   

Total ***t show.