GDT Thread! It’s here - ELECTION “SEASON” 2022 will conclude in 2023

1 minute ago, HomeskillitMoorman said:

That's fair, but I think even the philosophy overall is a muddled, inconsistent one. What do you consider it to be? 

Simple.

1.  Small/limited Federal Government with most of the "power" relegated to the states.

2.  Personal responsibility.  It is your responsibility to create the life you need then working on the life you want.  It's not the government's job to do so.  Student loan forgiveness is a perfect example of something the government should not be taking part in.  As a matter of fact the only loaning the government should be in involved in are issuing of Bills/Notes/Bonds.  The caveat to this if you are physically or mentally disabled.  We must always take care of those folks.  

It is, of course, more nuanced that that but those are the two major tenants of what being a conservative means to me.  

20 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

Simple.

1.  Small/limited Federal Government with most of the "power" relegated to the states.

2.  Personal responsibility.  It is your responsibility to create the life you need then working on the life you want.  It's not the government's job to do so.  Student loan forgiveness is a perfect example of something the government should not be taking part in.  As a matter of fact the only loaning the government should be in involved in are issuing of Bills/Notes/Bonds.  The caveat to this if you are physically or mentally disabled.  We must always take care of those folks.  

It is, of course, more nuanced that that but those are the two major tenants of what being a conservative means to me.  

I like what you're saying overall...as long as you're willing to admit that does not actually reflect the Republican party, which it sounds like you're probably willing to do. 

I think the Republican party tries to pass it off as those being big tenets for them...but they aren't in reality. 

Edited by HomeskillitMoorman

3 hours ago, BillsFanNC said:

Better than what we have now in many cases. More for it if it's all in person except for legitimate absentee ballots.

You must have missed the second time where I said that fraud, specifically with mail in ballots is nearly impossible to prove. Which again is the whole point of why bad actors want more of it and why people who want honest, transparent elections want less of it.

And there were extensive investigations? The most investigations ever? Really?

Because I recall the DHS in November 2020, just days aftet the election, telling us that the election was the most secure election in US history.

Case closed. Shut up if you dare question it.

That was a really quick extensive investigation. Especially for the government. 

Can you link us to the report that they released showing us how super duper extra secure everything was?

Can you prove it was insecure, and that any such insecurity affected the result?  

42 minutes ago, HomeskillitMoorman said:

I like what you're saying overall...as long as you're willing to admit that does not actually reflect the Republican party, which it sounds like you're probably willing to do. 

I think the Republican party tries to pass it off as those being big tenets for them...but they aren't in reality. 

Agreed.  There is no party of limited government. Just a party of big government, and a party that hopes I'm dumb enough to think small government and limited government are the same thing. 

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Chef Jim said:

I think you're confusing conservatives with the Republican party of today.   As a matter of fact you even referred to the "conservative party".  Conservativism is not a political party it's a philosophy.  

It’s a party in NYS.  And I totally agree with you if you’re suggesting that today’s Republican Party is not conservative.  

4 minutes ago, HomeskillitMoorman said:

As you post an article from a site that basically touts being state-run from the Republican side. 

Is it normal for us to not have results from Arizona on Thursday at 4 pm eastern let alone possibly not until next week?

Yes or no?

And "state run from the Republican side" means what exactly?

You realize the current administration has admitted to coordinating with social media platforms on what should be flagged as disinformation and misinformation, right?

Edited by BillsFanNC

1 hour ago, BillsFanNC said:

Another hack leftist. Carry on.

You like to label anyone who disagrees with you as a leftist. How lazy.

And you believe in things BECAUSE there's no evidence of them. This is a novel flavor of logic, I'll give you that. 

I have never seen a unicorn, therefore unicorns exist. QED.

56 minutes ago, HomeskillitMoorman said:

The Republican party thinks they stand for those things but they spend us into oblivion as well.  

12 minutes ago, SectionC3 said:

It’s a party in NYS.  And I totally agree with you if you’re suggesting that today’s Republican Party is not conservative.  

Not even close.  And in all fairness a true conservative would never win an election.  ***** You!! Take Care of Yourselves!!  is not a political slogan that will garner much support.  

19 minutes ago, BillsFanNC said:

Is it normal for us to not have results from Arizona on Thursday at 4 pm eastern let alone possibly not until next week?

Yes or no?

And "state run from the Republican side" means what exactly?

You realize the current administration has admitted to coordinating with social media platforms on what should be flagged as disinformation and misinformation, right?

It's probably next week, and no I don't think that's ideal. 

But my issue is you are calling people lemmings and what you posted is from a site that is the same exact thing as what's being influenced on the other side. You're just pushing something from the radical Right instead of the radical Left, but it's the exact same concept. 

3 minutes ago, HomeskillitMoorman said:

It's probably next week, and no I don't think that's ideal. 

But my issue is you are calling people lemmings and what you posted is from a site that is the same exact thing as what's being influenced on the other side. You're just pushing something from the radical Right instead of the radical Left, but it's the exact same concept. 

We've had people on this forum who have called others conspiracy theorists from the very beginning for calling into question the Arizona/Maricopa County nonsense.

Edited by BillsFanNC