GDT Thread! It’s here - ELECTION “SEASON” 2022 will conclude in 2023

Just now, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

I already knew that, you made it clear in your original post. 

I also recognize that as a matter of conscience, you may support abortion up to delivery. 

The question is why you would suggest I shouldn’t have a seat at the table simply because you don’t like my position on when abortion should be legal or not.  That sounds more like tyranny than freedom. 

Ok let me try again. Two women get knocked up.

both regret the situation and are like oh damn, why’d I have that last drink, oh damn I’m pregnant, I’m not ready for this …

which one is freedom 

(1) too bad so sad. You’ve got a kid. 20 years commitment 

(2) your an idiot take this pill, you couldn’t parent a gerbil 

4 minutes ago, Orlando Tim said:

what should be the limit for abortion, just up to birth?

Finally.. you’ve pinpointed what the debate should be, and required to deliver 

14 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Ok let me try again. Two women get knocked up.

both regret the situation and are like oh damn, why’d I have that last drink, oh damn I’m pregnant, I’m not ready for this …

which one is freedom 

(1) too bad so sad. You’ve got a kid. 20 years commitment 

(2) your an idiot take this pill, you couldn’t parent a gerbil 

Finally.. you’ve pinpointed what the debate should be, and required to deliver 

That’s a fallacious question, and it’s less “trying again” and more “I don’t want to answer”. 

The real question is:  Why do you as an individual feel compelled to tell me I have no right to engage in brisk, vigorous and reasoned political debate simply because you don’t like my religious views? 

Edited by leh-nerd skin-erd

11 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

That’s a fallacious question, and it’s less “trying again” and more “I don’t want to answer”. 

The real question is:  Why do you as an individual feel compelled to tell me I have no right to engage in brisk, vigorous and reasoned political debate simply because you don’t like my religious views? 

No I feel that you are welcome to YOUR religious views. 

why do you feel you’ve earned the right to impose your views on other people? 

2 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Do you believe your neighbor should be able to kill their newborn child a few weeks after they take them home from the hospital?  

If you don’t, why are you imposing your views on them?

Pro-life folks believe the same thing is happening during an abortion. 

It’s not imposing their religion on you.. it’s them standing up to protect the lives of the most defenseless amongst us. 

• Like (+1) 2

34 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

There has to be some type of morality in a society that is maintained by laws.

We can base some laws we have to the Ten Commandments such as its wrong to steal and its wrong to murder, we have laws that say it’s against the law to steal and murder.

You have ignored my points where I have the opinion that abortion is as civilized as owning slaves the only difference is unborn infants instead of POC being considered less than human and needing advocated by a groups with a moral standard 

16 minutes ago, Motorin' said:

Dems 18-44, + 32%

Reps 45 & Over, + 22%

High young voter turnout slowed the red wave. 

That’s not turnout - that’s how they voted.  

They were still their usual 10% - 12% of the vote - a vote im sure procured on campuses across strategic districts from kids that couldn’t care less.  

14 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

That’s not turnout - that’s how they voted.  

They were still their usual 10% - 12% of the vote - a vote im sure procured on campuses across strategic districts from kids that couldn’t care less.  

You are right about their turnout. However, the young people that I know who vote really do care about the issues. They have strong concerns about abortion access, climate change, gay marriage and social inequality issues. Gen Z is the future of America and their voting power is growing.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

ill interject a sec. just scanning so pay no mind. but lost in the debate is the perceived third party that is constantly not included in a abortion debate. a directly effected one. using religion as a means to defend that party that cant speak for itself as a moral compass as its voice is a worthy seat at the table...or no?

if not. what is?

anything that cannot defend itself will need a outsider to defend it using a reason..religion is just one. otherwise who cares about anything thats not happening directly to them.

Edited by Buffarukus
  • Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Andy1 said:

You are right about their turnout. However, the young people that I know who vote really do care about the issues. They have strong concerns about abortion access, climate change, gay marriage and social inequality issues. Gen Z is the future of America and their voting power is growing.

I heard literally the EXACT SAME thing 20 years ago.

Those voters are over 40 and in their 50s now.  How did they vote?

Life isn’t complicated.  Kids eventually need to grow up move out of moms basement and pay bills.  

Edited by Big Blitz
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

I heard literally the EXACT SAME thing 20 years ago.

Those voters are over 40 and in their 50s now.  How did they vote?

Life isn’t complicated.  Kids eventually need to grow up move out of moms basement and pay bills.  

Mostly accurate.  No idea why people think every young generation is going to be the generation that stays lib forever. 

Only worry is that marriage is on the decline. 

Marriage is one of the biggest factors in a persons political evolution towards conservatism. 

Single women are becoming a lost cause for R’s.. Govt takes the role of their husband. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

6 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Single women are becoming a lost cause for R’s.. Govt takes the role of their husband. 

Or their career and friends are central to their identity, and they just don't have an angry conservative man complaining about taxes and crime all day everyday year after year to grind their idealism away. 

• Like (+1) 1

12 hours ago, SectionC3 said:

You’re entitled to all of these views.  But they aren’t winning elections.  So the R question now is to move to the middle or to double down on this stuff.  This was the best environment for Rs in maybe decades and what did they get?  Maybe marginal control of the House, a basically deadlocked Senate and, at least where I live, status quo despite scads of money spent on mailers, etc.  

Moving to the middle would just make the GOP 'Democrat-lite'.

The only people who should move to the middle is the predominantly left-biased media. But a level playing field is not in the lefty DNA.