An honest question...

Pine Barrens Mafia

Who in this team outside of Josh Allen couldn't be replaced?

Stefon Diggs?

I can't come up with too many other names, and that's troubling. I'm starting to look at beane and McDermott like I do James Franklin. That is to say, they're guys who were able to resurrect a dead program, but I'm afraid they're incapable of actually elevating the program to the pinnacle.

Can you name any other players on the roster who aren't easily replaceable? 

Edited by Pine Barrens Mafia
  • Agree 1

Just now, Pine Barrens Mafia said:

Stefon Diggs?

I can't come up with too many other names, and that's troubling. I'm starting to look at beane and McDermott like I do James Franklin. That is to say, they're guys who were able to resurrect a dead program, but I'm afraid they're incapable of actually elevating the program to the pinnacle.

Can you name any other players on the roster be who aren't easily replaceable!

Sure

Miller

Oliver

Milano

Hyde

Dawkins

White

to name a couple. 

• Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Pine Barrens Mafia said:

Stefon Diggs?

The next 2-3 years will provide answers to your question, but it appears there may be some truth in your statement about McD and BB. 

Edited by LabattBlue

1 minute ago, LabattBlue said:

I don’t know that I would consider Oliver to be a top 10 DT. 

You should. Because he is. 

Buddy, the safeties have been fine with power and Hamlin. Ed Oliver is NOT a top 10 DT, and Milano I really like, but he's fragile.

Have they?  I seem to see safeties getting beat a ton and the secondary being out of position a lot with no Hyde. 

Ed Oliver is a top 10DT

a LBer that plays balls out every play is gonna get nicked. It is football. 

7 minutes ago, Pine Barrens Mafia said:

Stefon Diggs?

You say all of this with such confidence but don’t say who you would replace them with. Forget about salaries, draft picks, all of that-who are you getting from other teams in straight up trades for any of the Bills players? 

2 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

So how easy it is to replace top 10 LTs and DTs in this league. Lol. 

I'd prefer top 5 LTs/DTs. Oliver should be more of a whooping boy on this forum than Edmunds. He hasn't provided many game changing plays in his time here. I used to complain that he didn't have help, but you can't say that now

5 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

a LBer that plays balls out every play is gonna get nicked. It is football

Fred Warner has been pretty durable. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Ya Digg? said:

You say all of this with such confidence but don’t say who you would replace them with. Forget about salaries, draft picks, all of that-who are you getting from other teams in straight up trades for any of the Bills players? 

You're missing the point. I'm saying beane and McDermott have done a pretty meh job of talent evaluation, especially in the past 3 drafts.

3 minutes ago, Solomon Grundy said:

I'd prefer top 5 LTs/DTs. Oliver should be more of a whooping boy on this forum than Edmunds. He hasn't provided many game changing plays in his time here. I used to complain that he didn't have help, but you can't say that now

Fred Warner has been pretty durable. 

Ahhh so in your world it is so easy to replace top 10 players with top 5 players. Jesus the takes here from some people. 

• Agree 2

4 minutes ago, Solomon Grundy said:

YES finally someone else sees it

• Thank you (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Pine Barrens Mafia said:

Stefon Diggs?

Dion Dawkins, yes he drew a penalty late (has anyone seen it yet?) but he's been a quietly above average LT. 

You're missing the point. I'm saying beane and McDermott have done a pretty meh job of talent evaluation, especially in the past 3 drafts.

You’re missing the point. They haven’t and every standard metric to evaluate drafts prove that. There is a reason the Giants went into the Bills staff to build theirs. 

1 minute ago, The Jokeman said:

Dion Dawkins, yes he drew a penalty late (has anyone seen it yet?) but he's been a quietly above average LT. 

Yes, yes above average. But he's not the best player on the ol. Mitch Morse is. Now there's a guy o forgot.

21 minutes ago, Pine Barrens Mafia said:

Stefon Diggs?

Grab the inactives yesterday and you'll find a few that may have made the difference.

3 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

You’re missing the point. They haven’t and every standard metric to evaluate drafts prove that. There is a reason the Giants went into the Bills staff to build theirs. 

I've acknowledged their success in reviving a dead franchise. What I doubt is their ability to finish the job 

24 minutes ago, Pine Barrens Mafia said:

Stefon Diggs?

Jesus Christ

2 minutes ago, Pine Barrens Mafia said:

I've acknowledged their success in reviving a dead franchise. What I doubt is their ability to finish the job 

Cool with Zero evidence to back it up. Only these mythical takes on how easy replacing top 10 talent is. 

man’s some mythical take about talent evaluation 

23 minutes ago, Pine Barrens Mafia said:

Disagree 2,3,4. Can maybe see a case for 1,5. But the only one I'll solidly agree on is tre white 

Bills are tied for the best record in the conference without him.  He can't be on the list.

Dawkins???  come on...

7 minutes ago, Pine Barrens Mafia said:

When did He sign?

You need to relax. We lost a game. We are 6-2. You're saying Beane and McDermott can't elevate a team to the pinnacle yet there are 9 games left and plenty of time to correct mistakes. The Chiefs lost to the Colts and didn't play well against the Titans last night. We still have the head to head against all other afc division leaders, we control our own fate. This site is unbearable after losses. How dumb will you look if we win 13 games and get the 1 seed?

Edited by Buffalo03
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Buffalo03 said:

You need to relax. We lost a game. We are 6-2. You're saying Beane and McDermott can't elevate a team to the pinnacle yet there are 9 games left and plenty of time to correct mistakes. The Chiefs lost to the Colts and didn't play well against the Titans last night. We still have the head to head against all other afc division winners, we control our own fate. This site is unbearable after losses. How dumb will you look if we win 13 games and get the 1 seed?

I'll eat the crow if needed.

But I'm not concerned that I'll have to at this moment.

16 minutes ago, Pine Barrens Mafia said:

Is Dawkins the best player on the OL?

Morse then Dawkins. 

both are not easily replaceable like you said. 

1 minute ago, Pine Barrens Mafia said:

I'll eat the crow if needed.

But I'm not concerned that I'll have to at this moment.

Wel of course you are not. You are on your troll account. That disappears after wins. 

Edited by MAJBobby

1 hour ago, MAJBobby said:

So you think you can easily replace to 10 Safety, LBer and DT. Really that is your take. 

They’re not easily replaced, but I interpreted the question as who severely hurts our ability to win a SB. 

We lost Tre last year, and many would have said him, but we were a coaching/execution meltdown away from probably winning it all. 

To me, it’s Allen, Diggs and Von.   That’s it. 

Others make it more difficult, but those three are irreplaceable. 

Similar to the Chiefs, where it’s Mahomes, Kelce and Jones. 

9 minutes ago, SCBills said:

They’re not easily replaced, but I interpreted the question as who severely hurts our ability to win a SB. 

We lost Tre last year, and many would have said him, but we were a coaching/execution meltdown away from probably winning it all. 

To me, it’s Allen, Diggs and Von.   That’s it. 

Others make it more difficult, but those three are irreplaceable. 

Similar to the Chiefs, where it’s Mahomes, Kelce and Jones. 

Well if that was the question I would agree. As most teams really only have that core 3. 

but that isn’t what the OP is saying either. 

1 hour ago, MAJBobby said:

You should. Because he is. 

Have they?  I seem to see safeties getting beat a ton and the secondary being out of position a lot with no Hyde. 

Ed Oliver is a top 10DT

a LBer that plays balls out every play is gonna get nicked. It is football. 

I don't know - Oliver seemed invisible yesterday.

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.