🚨Trade Alert 🚨 James Robinson to Jets for conditional 6th rounder

Steel City Mafia

16 minutes ago, Process said:

Beane spent 3 2nd and 3rd rd picks on RBs and in the blink of an eye the Jets get one that's better than all three of ours for a 6th round pick. 

Good RBs are not hard to find, it's so odd that a GM as good as Beane has so much trouble with it. 

I got to admit I haven't seen much of him, but looking at the numbers he's had 3 runs of 20+ yards(50, 37 & 22). While Singletary has fewer rushes and only 1 run of 20+ yards(23). Yet Singletary has a better ypc(4.5 vs 4.2) and runs behind the worst run blocking OL in the league. 

On Robinson's other 78 carries he's averaging less than 3 yards a run(2.96). Seems Robinson might give you a 20+ yard run every once in a while, he's a boom or bust RB, with far more bust than boom. While Singletary is less dynamic, but more consistent. But once you add in receiving Singletary takes the lead in total yards and yards per touch.

Robinson only has 46 yards receiving this year while Singletary has 167. Total yards on the year Robinson 386 yards on 90 touches, 4.29 average vs Singletary 423 yards on 79 touches, 5.36 average. He's done more with less opportunities.

2 hours ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:

Do they not like Michael Carter? Wasn’t he a high draft pick?

I like Carter, but he is not an every down back

Robinson is a nice add. Fixes the Etienne/ Robinson split in JAX and Jets get a compliment to Carter.

Hate to say it, but good move by both teams

30 minutes ago, ChronicAndKnuckles said:

Breece Hall got injured ??? How did I not know that? That is a massive, massive loss for the Jets. Wow! Potential ROTY too. I don’t care if he’s a rival, I hope he makes a good recovery. 

Jets also lost Alija Vera-Tucker for the season, announced today.

2 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Didn’t you just ask the question of why they treated for him? If I’m off on that I apologize

I was asking about Michael Carter, and what his status was in their lock room. I remembered him being highly thought of by some, and recently learned he was a 4th round pick, but wondered if he was the next in line and how he fit into the picture. It’s all good

1 minute ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:

I was asking about Michael Carter, and what his status was in their lock room. I remembered him being highly thought of by some, and recently learned he was a 4th round pick, but wondered if he was the next in line and how he fit into the picture. It’s all good

I watched a couple of jet games Carter is still getting carries

They could get the pick back as a comp pick, potentially higher than the 5th they'd be giving up (assuming he will need to have a big second half to get a bigger contract).

Actually, that probably needs to play into the equation when talking trading for one year rentals you don't plan on signing (no idea if the Jets are thinking that here).

Edited by HardyBoy

53 minutes ago, 947 said:

Robinson is washed. Tore his achilles last year & does have 2-3 nice runs this year, but he's been a turd on 90% of his touches. He's a 3.0 yards/carry guy on the Jets.

Thanks.  Didn't know that.  Makes sense why the Jags gave up so quickly on him.

Just now, What a Tuel said:

He certainly isn't washed. Not sure where the person is getting that from. He is a good rb. No Breece Hall replacement but a good RB.

I was talking more about the achilles.  He looked good from what I saw early in the season last year.  I didn't know why they'd give up on a RB on a cheap rookie contract for another 2-1/2 years.

7 minutes ago, Doc said:

I was talking more about the achilles.  He looked good from what I saw early in the season last year.  I didn't know why they'd give up on a RB on a cheap rookie contract for another 2-1/2 years.

Oh yeah maybe. He looked somewhat the same to me through the first few games of the season though, it was almost like they were showcasing him. I'd think they would want to keep him as insurance because both were injured last year (Etienne with an ACL I think). At least that is what I did for my fantasy teams in drafting them both, if one went down the other would be available to instantly pop in and play. I don't think that is worth giving up for a 6th round pick but what do I know.

Capture2.JPG

Capture.JPG

Edited by What a Tuel

Just now, What a Tuel said:

Oh yeah maybe. He looked somewhat the same to me through the first few games of the season though. I'd think they would want to keep him as insurance because both were injured last year (Etienne with an ACL I think). At least that is what I did for my fantasy teams in drafting them both, if one went down the other would be available to instantly pop in and play. I don't think that is worth giving up for a 6th round pick but what do I know.

Capture2.JPG

Capture.JPG

I could see them trading him for a high pick, but a conditional sixth is next to nothing. 

3 hours ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

Great trade for the Jets. I said it in the Hall injury thread, I am glad McCaffrey was already traded, I think the Jets would have gone after him. 

I wish the jets went after him and paid that price

• Like (+1) 1

12 hours ago, 947 said:

Robinson is washed. Tore his achilles last year & does have 2-3 nice runs this year, but he's been a turd on 90% of his touches. He's a 3.0 yards/carry guy on the Jets.

Robinson had a few nice runs early in the year but has looked awful otherwise, he looks slow as cold molasses out there. Good on the Jags for selling and letting Etienne take over the backfield. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.