Does Bills at Jets move to 4:25?

djp14150

1 hour ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

LOL. So when Bills beat bad QBs last year the Bills were good, but when Jets beat bad QB's this year they still stink... Got it

Just giving you a hard time.  I agree they are not as good as their record.  Pre-season I had the first Jets game as my prediction for a trap game. I'm not saying the Bills will lose, but I still worry if the Bills handle the Packers and Rodgers, they could be up for a let down the following week.  It will be the Jets SuperBowl playing Allen and the Bills at home.   

Difference in quality of wins. They barely beat the Browns, Broncos, Dolphins, and Steelers. The Bills games against bad QBs were blowouts by most metrics. We did lose to Tannehill, Lawrence, and old Roethlisberger though and that was bad, we are better than that.

Like I said I don't usually discount a teams wins, but this Jets team is not what its record says it is.

49 minutes ago, That's No Moon said:

They remind me very much of a Bills drought team that would tease us before kicking us in the nuts.

This is a good way to put it.

2 hours ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

I think it's odd that you state that they beat the Dolphins with their 3rd string backup, yet ignore that their 2 losses were with the corpse of Joe Flacco at QB. Not that Wilson is a world beater by any means.

It's easy to discount teams these days. It's much easier to just say "Jets bad" or "Dolphins bad" than to acknowledge the elephant in the room. This season outside of 4 or maybe 5 teams..."NFL Bad".

There are so many poorly constructed teams. Look at what the 49ers just spent for CMC. Yes he's great. But they already have Wilson who is solid. They have Mitchell coming off IR. They use Deebo to run. Perhaps they should have spent those picks on a QB. The age of parity has almost become the age of parody when it comes to quality games. Thursday games are often completely unwatchable. QB play is atrocious league wide (again except for a select few). Every team has a chance to win on almost any Sunday. 

What makes a team like the Jets dangerous in a game by game situation is that they have a very solid defense. That will help keep most games close right off the bat. They have (had) a solid run game and were able to get some solid special team plays and pull off wins. However wins like against the Packers, Dolphins and especially that wild comeback win against the Browns get young players to "buy in" and believe they can roll with anyone. Confidence can be a great friend when all else in about even. 

In any event up to this point in the season the Jets have lined up for 7 games and won 5 of them. That's not an accident. Their schedule is not very tough at all. They can stockpile wins and hit the playoffs. Not that they will be anything other than 1 and done...but making the playoffs this year would be a HUGE win for them. Now, I'm not saying that head to head they have a chance against the Bills just yet. However they are being built very well and have a young and talented core of players. Now they just have to figure out the QB spot.  

Flacco has been statistically better? than Wilson. I'd say maybe the same but the td ratio is much better.

Flacco 3 games:

58.7 CMP 91/155 901 yards 5 tds 3 ints 9 sacks

Wilson 4 games:

57.4% CMP 58/101 693 yards 1 td 2 int 8 sacks

I agree with the rest of what you say, it is easy to discount teams but as others have said, this is a jets team that is reminiscent of our drought teams and false hopes with bad QBs. They may limp into the playoffs, but again that sounds vaguely familiar to our drought years 😂

50 minutes ago, sullim4 said:

😂 And we were so excited. We did it again in 2011 too. Those points scored were 💥

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2011_Buffalo_Bills_season

WeekDateOpponentResultRecordGame siteNFL.com
recap

1September 11at Kansas City ChiefsW 41–7   1–0Arrowhead StadiumRecap

2September 18Oakland RaidersW 38–35    2–0Ralph Wilson StadiumRecap

3September 25New England PatriotsW 34–31   3–0Ralph Wilson StadiumRecap

4October 2at Cincinnati BengalsL 20–23   3–1Paul Brown StadiumRecap

5October 9Philadelphia EaglesW 31–24    4–1Ralph Wilson StadiumRecap

6October 16at New York GiantsL 24–27    4–2MetLife StadiumRecap

7Bye

8October 30Washington RedskinsW 23–0   5–2Rogers Centre (Toronto)Recap

Edited by What a Tuel

47 minutes ago, klos63 said:

How so?

When was the last time you saw the Jets and Giants this high in the standings? Sports media outlets love it when big city markets like NY (or NJ) I guess do well. The NFL will continue to stoke the fire until they fall off.

If Buffalo wasn't as good as they've been the last 3 years I can guarantee you nobody would hear a peep if they were doing what the Jets and Giants are.

3 hours ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

Honest question, do they flex teams off the Sunday night schedule?  I thought they just leave the last few Sunday night games unscheduled and then flex teams into the schedule a few weeks before.  

thry used to ehrn it first started. Not anymore.

Thry can move games starting in week 10 this year ( notprmally week 12 but Christmas locks thst week from moving any game)

nbc can move games before week 10 but thry have only 2-3 times and each network can protect a game.

moving games between 2 and 4 and between networks is a little more freeer to do.  Some weeks whrn schedule first comes out, there is not 4:95 games set. That means one will get moved to that slot. The reason is there was no western home sites that force the 4 pm start.

week 9 could get moved to 4

week 10 hosting Vikings can get moved to either 4 or 8. It could be a game between two 1 loss teams. These are attractive games to flex out of a 1 pm slot.

week 11 not moving..it’s the browns

week 12 on thxgvg

week 13 Thursday Amazon at cheats

week 14 could get flexed to Sunday night but there are other possible games to get moved. 

week 15. Miami at buffalo is designated as a game that could move from Sunday to Saturday. After they select games, it could get flexed on Sunday if not moved to Saturday.

week 16 at chicago. There is no flexing to nbc. This is on Saturday 24th.  They could move to 4pm but I doubt it at this point.

week 17 on espn MNF

week 18. Any games could be flexed either to Saturday on abc/ espn or to Sunday night.  Buffalo could have top seed/ seed position locked in and the cheats are out of the playoffs.

1 hour ago, Greg S said:

Who do we want to win next week the Jets or the Pats? The Jets have a better record and say what you want about them but they are right behind the Bills. I can never root for the Pats but I am rooting for a Jets loss. If that makes sense. Just want to see the Bills get some breathing room within the division.

i want buffalo to clinch the division with a win hosting Miami.  Thry could clinch #2 seed thrn or get their magic number down to 2 or 2 to wrap up top seed.

in order to do that they need to be 3 games ahead of anyone in the division going into that game.  Then a win should clinch the division.  

12 hours ago, What a Tuel said:

Beat the Packers and Aaron Rodgers?!?!?....wait so did the Commanders.

I swear to God, I have a gut feeling that we are going to absolutely DESTROY Green Bay.

I mean it is going to get ugly!

1 hour ago, Greg S said:

Who do we want to win next week the Jets or the Pats? The Jets have a better record and say what you want about them but they are right behind the Bills. I can never root for the Pats but I am rooting for a Jets loss. If that makes sense. Just want to see the Bills get some breathing room within the division.

i want buffalo to clinch the division with a win hosting Miami.  Thry could clinch #2 seed thrn or get their magic number down to 2 or 2 to wrap up top seed.

in order to do that they need to be 3 games ahead of anyone in the division going into that game.  Then a win should clinch the division.  

• Like (+1) 1

There's a lot of parity in the NFL right now.  Teams like the Jets, Dolphins, Patriots, Broncos, Steelers, Colts, Browns, Chargers, Titans, etc. (and most teams, the list goes on) play close games against each other and given a play or two here or there, one team wins.  These are usually 1-score games.  Teams like the Bills and Chiefs are above the parity fray.  They beat the "parity" teams by large margins.  By way of example, the Fins beat the Steelers 16-10 at home, whereas the Bills beat the Steelers 41-7 at home.  Sure the top teams have off weeks (Bills @Ravens), letdowns, or fluky games (Bills@Dolphins), but, athough the Jets and Dolphins have greatly improved and are decent teams, they are not of the Bills' (or Chiefs') caliber.

22 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

I swear to God, I have a gut feeling that we are going to absolutely DESTROY Green Bay.

I mean it is going to get ugly!

Probably right but I view them as a wounded cornered animal at this point....with Rodgers they can be dangerous.  They have no choice but to try and do things differently since nothing they have been doing has been working.

12 hours ago, What a Tuel said:

Never seen such a fraudulent 5-2 team.

Fluke comeback win against the Browns.

Beat 3rd string rookie QB in Miami

Beat the bad broncos

Beat the bad steelers

Is it the Jets or the Opponents?

On the flip side they got handled by the respectable Ravens and Bengals.

I'm not usually one to discount a teams wins, but come on, besides Aaron Rodgers, thats bottom of the barrel.

They will come crashing back to reality when they face us and the Vikings, but lucky for them, the rest of the schedule is fairly cake being the last place AFC Team and getting the Jaguars, Seahawks, and Broncos. I think the Jaguars and Seahawks give them a run for the money though.

But if they can beat the bad Lions, Jaguars, and Bears and split with the Patriots, that will get them to 9 wins.  They won't have to do a lot more to make the playoffs.

16 hours ago, What a Tuel said:

Never seen such a fraudulent 5-2 team.

Fluke comeback win against the Browns.

Beat 3rd string rookie QB in Miami

Beat the bad broncos

Beat the bad steelers

Is it the Jets or the Opponents?

On the flip side they got handled by the respectable Ravens and Bengals.

I'm not usually one to discount a teams wins, but come on, besides Aaron Rodgers, thats bottom of the barrel.

They will come crashing back to reality when they face us and the Vikings, but lucky for them, the rest of the schedule is fairly cake being the last place AFC Team and getting the Jaguars, Seahawks, and Broncos. I think the Jaguars and Seahawks give them a run for the money though.

Jets are a nice story but yes they are a big time fraud and about to start losing games again pretty quick with the Bills x 2, Pats x2 and Vikings coming up in 5 of their next 6 games.

1 minute ago, FilthyBeast said:

Jets are a nice story but yes they are a big time fraud and about to start losing games again pretty quick with the Bills x 2, Pats x2 and Vikings coming up in 5 of their next 6 games.

Even with their injuries, I bet the Jets are 8-5 after that 6 game stretch.  Jets look like a 10 or 11 win team. 

27 minutes ago, Bills2022 said:

Even with their injuries, I bet the Jets are 8-5 after that 6 game stretch.  Jets look like a 10 or 11 win team. 

Thats a 6 game stretch including Chicago, its possible they beat the Bears, and the Patriots once, maybe twice at best maybe.

Then their last stretch is Lions, Jags, Seahawks, and Dolphins. I could see them losing 3 of those 4. At best 10 wins. At worst 8 wins, and with the state of the AFC, they may very well limp into the playoffs.

They better not switch the game, I'm going on a bus trip & I don't want to get home after 10PM.  

The odds are against it.  The 4:25 game is Rams & Bucs on CBS & it's their only game.  It looked a lot better before the season started but it's still a shot to see Brady's farewell tour.

I've had a game flexed from 1 to 4 back in 2006.  I went to Baltimore & had my flight home set for Sunday evening & I had to leave early to catch my flight.  However, it was the last week of the season & they flex a lot of games that week.  

Probably not with the injuries that the jets have recently had, jmo.

8 hours ago, billsbackto81 said:

When was the last time you saw the Jets and Giants this high in the standings? Sports media outlets love it when big city markets like NY (or NJ) I guess do well. The NFL will continue to stoke the fire until they fall off.

If Buffalo wasn't as good as they've been the last 3 years I can guarantee you nobody would hear a peep if they were doing what the Jets and Giants are.

Should the NFL just 'stoke the fire' for 1-5 teams?  Sometimes Bills fans are absolutely ridiculous.

5 minutes ago, klos63 said:

Should the NFL just 'stoke the fire' for 1-5 teams?  Sometimes Bills fans are absolutely ridiculous.

They're not 1-5 are they? 

3 hours ago, Bills2022 said:

Dont see it.

8-9 at best.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.